B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B Boppers,
A big day around the grounds.
Two results jump out at me.
Caulfield lose to Haileybury. Wow. Maybe they have all headed overseas??
I have been pumping these lads up, but may need to chat to a few people and see what’s up. Disappointing few weeks.
And then there’s the Panthers pitiful pit pitstop. Smashed. Jones with 8.
Not prepared to write off the Panthers as the Snowdogs are hot. They have had only 27 players grace the field this year (WOW) and as i read the team sheet just now, I can only see Singleton as the single
missing best 22 player.
Carey on the other hand need to get guys
Like Evans, Smithwick, Jaksch, Crocker, Gaff and possibly others I haven’t spotted back in that team. They are big outs. Particularly Jaksch who is a goal kicking machine.
Anyone see any games? Scruff and Bagman..surely you guys did.
Blacks turned it on in the second half to stay equal top.
Cheers Hippster..

Last edited:

Hello B Boppers,
I have been pumping these lads up, but may need to chat to a few people and see what’s up. Disappointing few weeks.
Not prepared to write off the Panthers as the Snowdogs are hot. They have had only 27 players grace the field this year (WOW) and as i read the team sheet just now, I can only see Singleton as the single
missing best 22 player.
Like Evans, Smithwick, Jaksch, Crocker, Gaff and possibly others I haven’t spotted back in that team. They are big outs. Particularly Jaksch who is a goal kicking machine.
Cheers Hippster..
Boys were good today. Coach spoke after game and felt there was plenty of room for improvement. Chad Jones at this level is a stand out. Connor Riley did not play today (Richmond VFL) and Sam Woods returns next week via reserves from shoulder reco. Still some quality to return. Carey clearly missing plenty.

Gritty, dour game at Waverley. Not much talent on either side. Monash had the better of the last quarter but couldn’t convert. 24 minute quarter seemed odd. Maybe cut it short to relieve the torture!
24 min qtr ? Really, very odd surly there was more than 4min stoppage time.

[QUOTE="Hippster, post: 56286376, member: 183823"
Cheers Hippster..[/QUOTE]

Caulfield were just poor and started flat. You can’t just flick a switch with footy & I reckon a few thought it was just going to happen.

A kick up the arse or a trend. We’ll know more after next week.

[QUOTE="Hippster, post: 56286376, member: 183823"
Cheers Hippster..

Caulfield were just poor and started flat. You can’t just flick a switch with footy & I reckon a few thought it was just going to happen.

A kick up the arse or a trend. We’ll know more after next week.[/QUOTE]

Caulfield v Carey in a couple of weeks will be a big game for both teams. We will see if either are capable of matching it with tge big boys or whether they have slipped a little.
St Bernard’s look unbeatable to me. Only a terrible run with injuries will have them still in B - Grade next year.

Hello B Boppers,
missing best 22 player.
Cheers Hippster..

FWIW there isn't much room on the Bernies wagon at the moment. Scatters has the locomotive cap on and is running it at full steam!

FWIW there isn't much room on the Bernies wagon at the moment. Scatters has the locomotive cap on and is running it at full steam!

So true!
Like weight finally stopped Pharlap, only injuries can stop Bernie’s. Their best 22 are simply better imo than Blacks and Carey. However...they have only played 27 players which is almost unheard of. Their ressies are good, but not great. Carey beat them last week and Carey have injuries. Can they keep this healthy list together? Most likely yes..

Round 11 tips....

Carey easily
Blacks easily
AJAX - a must win home game.
Beaumaris - a win here by Beauie goes a long way to securing 4th spot. A genuine finals qualifier this weekend at Caulfield
Bernards easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers won't be troubled by the Vultures
Blacks will win the Uni Cup, reckon Monash will have a crack early though
Ajax because are they less bad than Mazenod
Caulfield should respond after a shocker last week against the Sharks
Snow Dogs woop woop over the Bloods

Panthers by 50
Blacks by 70
Bernie’s by 90
Fields by 10
Jackers by 30
...for me. Beauy v Fields is the big one. I think I may head down there this week.
Will be a great game.
Go B Grade!

Bad luck for Fayman from AJAX, out for the season with an ACL...quite the player

That sucks. They have had too many guns out this year to be competitive with the top sides. 39 players have played in the ones. Really needed Fayman and Lew fit and firing. Big chance to drop. Just must win at home this week.

Round 11 tips....

Carey easily
Blacks easily
AJAX - a must win home game.
Beaumaris - a win here by Beauie goes a long way to securing 4th spot. A genuine finals qualifier this weekend at Caulfield
Bernards easily
I'm a little tempted to tip Mazenod. The loser of that game faces relegation i feel as i dont think OH is as bad as the start of their season showed, and last week was evidence of this.
In the end though ill also tip
Carey just-Parkdale also decent and lots of injuries at Carey
Blacks easily
Ajax just, mosquito fleet to run circles around Mazenod
Sharks just. Seem to be going a little bit better right now
Bernards 100 plus against a decent team!!

Panthers won't be troubled by the Vultures
Blacks will win the Uni Cup, reckon Monash will have a crack early though
Ajax because are they less bad than Mazenod
Caulfield should respond after a shocker last week against the Sharks
Snow Dogs woop woop over the Bloods
I agree with this guy. Pity the Ashes aren’t in better shape to battle for the Cowan-Frearson Cup. Might get 1 or 2 ins today which will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back