Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boak in

Meade out

Burgoyne sub

That's what we will do , not that I would do that but we know the inevitable
i think we have to get full games into burgoyne, becuase we saw him be less 'fumbly' and more clean under pressure. i really liked his game vs freo. we didnt feel uneasy when jase got the ball like previous weeks.

I think the wide expanses of the MCG plays to our advantage. We should be able to exploit Pendles, Mitchell & Sidebottom with our far superior leg speed.

I’d like to see us rest Dixon & give Scully a chance on footy’s biggest stage. Georgie & Todd will both enjoy the extra space that the ‘G’ has to offer.

* it, we can win this.

Collingwood were beaten convincingly at the MCG by Sydney and only beat Hawthorn by 5 points.

Maybe, but belief is everything, and they are gonna REALLY believe they can put us back in our box at the 'G ... and they probably can. Sorry, just a bit of realism. Our belief tends to fluctuate a lot. This game will be a nice test of our resolve.

Can’t see any reason why we can’t win this.
We need to get going fast this week hitting the scoreboard with goals early.
Jed has to go, I’m not fussed who we replace him with as long as they can kick goals.

1713104344115.png

"Wait a minute. We all know the one thing we won't need on the MCG. Pressure forwards who don't put on pressure and can't kick goals - that's you McEntee! McEntee is the only useless player on the team. If anyone gets dropped, it should be him! So let's kick McEntee out!"

Out: McEntee
In: Boak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's time he got his hands dirty again. We risk having to play a second ruck for no reason, losing run and rotations

Marshall would get banged up in ruck just because he’s tall doesn’t mean he has ruck craft

Elite shot for goal why waste that?

He’s a tall forward and we win games with him playing there not in ruck

I feel throwing Dixon in the ruck solves a few issues for us. He’s probably our best option in there and it means we’ll be forced to be more creative with our forward entries.

Dixon is broken & we’re only 5 games in, 1 more ruck contest & his season is done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

INXS did a song about that too...

Lol because of course he would say that if theres one thing we do repeatedly in the Hinkley regime its throw lifelines to battling/struggling teams to bounce back and find their best form at our expense

It's literally an annual tradition at this point

Collingwood will win, nothing surer than this

Statement game

In Melbourne

Against the Premier

We wont get within 5 goals

And for those who wanna say bed wetter/get behind em/this time its different go back and look at virtually every single statement game we've had in the past 10 years (13 and 14 dont count A because it was a decade ago and B we actually won against the odds then) and give me an example of us coming up against the odds and winning and ill find at least 2 others for each example that disprove it

Last edited:
Maybe it's time he got his hands dirty again. We risk having to play a second ruck for no reason, losing run and rotations

Marshall No. Not ever.

We are not playing Sweet as a second Ruck.
1 st ruck sure and he owns the job.

Collingwood actually have a 3rd ruck option out there people forget.

Collingwoods 2 pronged ruck strategy isn't winning them games we will not lose this in the Ruck. Plenty of other ways to lose this but it won't be our Ruck choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back