Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Maynard saw an opportunity to physical a player under the cloak of plausible deniability and he took it.

I wouldn't expect anything less from my boy in a final.

His action was arguably the difference between winning and losing because Brayshaw is an excellent player.

He deserves a Premiership medal not a suspension and if the ruling on Tom McCartin set a precedent he should be cleared to play.

How was the cheer when Ginni was finally unleashed.

Geez that what a tough gutsy win. Melbourne are genuinely good competition. Our defence stood up.

Steele was back to his pre injury form.
Will Hoskin-Elliot showed us why poor Johnny Noble was pushed out.

To spin a negative into a positive, Josh and De Goey can both play a lot better than they did tonight. And we have Nick to come in. Surely he’s good to go for the prelim.

We love our Bruzzy. Massive cheers of support for him every time he got the ball. He meant no harm to Brayshaw. SHOULD get off. Anyone’s guess what they do with it but we need to challenge all the way through the system if need be.

Plus Elliott missed a couple then went missing.

We basically won with little impact from 4 of our top 6/7 players.

We just made a prelim after finishing minor premiers. Perhaps you are the one with head in the sand
Insert eye roll here.

Your view is so simplistic it's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears 'la la la la la la la' trying to drown out reality.

Our back 7 saved us, not to mention the dees exceptionally woeful kicking - that really saved our asses.

If you don't wanna acknowledge what can't be disputed then I don't know what to tell you.

Probably best you don't reply coz it's obvious you don't wanna to accept what was reality.

Good night and go Pies.

Insert eye roll here.

Your view is so simplistic it's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears 'la la la la la la la' trying to drown out reality.

Our back 7 saved us, not to mention the dees exceptionally woeful kicking - that really saved our asses.

If you don't wanna acknowledge what can't be disputed then I don't know what to tell you.

Probably best you don't reply coz it's obvious you don't wanna to accept what was reality.

Good night and go Pies.
Or, you’re jumping at shadows

The afl needs to crack down on “non football” acts resulting in concussion

There’s a big difference between “non football acts” and Maynard’s IMO.

Just because a player is concussed doesn’t mean someone should be reported. Common sense still needs to be applied. Maynard’s is no different than someone being accidentally concussed in a marking contest

Exactly. Ryan concussed in a marking contest. Be an interesting watch to see how the MRO sees it.

Plus Elliott missed a couple then went missing.

We basically won with little impact from 4 of our top 6/7 players.
Oh yes. Elliot definitely can play better and have more impact on games. Improvement from all 3 plus the addition of Nick will be a hard team to beat.
Best side we can now play in a prelim is Port. Port, who we beat twice, one of which was at the G and by 70 points!
Otherwise we’ll be playing one of St Kilda or GWS. We were able to beat both earlier in the season.
It’s really the box seat now for a Grand Final berth. And get to the granny and you’re 50/50 of a flag. We’re now THAT close!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were other options but the selectors opted for WHE in defence instead of JFN. They got it right. Our defence was mighty tonight so I’m just not seeing how Noble would have improved that. Happy for you to think otherwise.
You make good sense but I don't care! I want my JFN back in the team!

What Maynard did wasn't malicious.

Inane.
Have you deliberately missed the point by trying too hard to be cute?
I'll say it slower and differently for you then. We gave up an enormous I/50 differential. That is the result of our midfield being soundly beaten... There are not many sides with a decent forward line who can't translate that into a win on the scoreboard... Eg. Brisbane, Carlton, Port.

Hence.... we were lucky Melb didn't have a decent forward line.
Melb have butchered I50’s all year.
The other teams you mentioned don’t have Gawn Petracca, and Oliver to try and turn a game. And our Mids performed far better in stats compared to KB.
Finally our defence has been outstanding most of the year - and a big reason why we finished Top, so please don’t dismiss their importance in making Melb look ordinary.

This was the first serious hit out against a contender we’ve had for a while - we were rusty with many players down but got the job done.
Ask yourself a simple question - how much better can Gawn, Petracca and Oliver play?

And still they couldn’t get the job done!

We just made a prelim after finishing minor premiers. Perhaps you are the one with head in the sand. No team is perfect. Melb weakness is scoring, ours is defence

We won, they lost. We should have been 5 goals further in front after dominating, then Melb dominated the last quarter. So?

We get Nick daicos back in a prelim.

Fmd.

Minor premiers into a prelim. Just enjoy it ffs!!

Nope, our midfield is the weakest line. Our defence is pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Insert eye roll here.

Good night and go Pies.
We were the team that had the big breaks throughout the game- getting out to five goals a number of times. They wrestled control of the game in the second half but rarely threatened to hit the scoreboard other than the 15 minute period in the last term. We missed 3 gimmes early and should have been at least five goals up at quarter time and Melbourne trailed all night.

One could argue the fact they had so many entries into their forward line and managed 7 goals indicates just how poor they are. Their best players played very well and ours didn't yet we won.

I think we had a similar advantage (inside 50's) in the 2010 drawn grand final and our failure to hit the scoreboard was seen as evidence of our impotence.

Oh yes. Elliot definitely can play better and have more impact on games. Improvement from all 3 plus the addition of Nick will be a hard team to beat.
Best side we can now play in a prelim is Port. Port, who we beat twice, one of which was at the G and by 70 points!
Otherwise we’ll be playing one of St Kilda or GWS. We were able to beat both earlier in the season.
It’s really the box seat now for a Grand Final berth. And get to the granny and you’re 50/50 of a flag. We’re now THAT close!

I‘d love a Port upset on Saturday night and play them in the GF!

Anyone see Goodwins presser?
On Maynard, well he jumped off the ground and knocked a guy out..
On Van rooyens hit on Mcstay. Well he stayed out there didnt he..
Biggest excuse ridden conference ive ever heard. Have fun through the draw of death campaigner.
Van Rooyens is a thug plain and simple that is the 2nd time this season he has hit someone in the head, there was real intent to hurt McStay, also I would have liked some of Bruzzy,s team mates to back him up a bit more when Viney and others were going at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back