Preview Qualifying Final #2 - Hawthorn v Geelong - Teams and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when* we win what are your thoughts. Rub it into all cat fans .

Yep cat knobs on Bay 13 are giving me the shits with their arrogance so I guess I'll pop in there, then mosey on over to their board to ask ?? why , how could this happen again ;)

I'm predicting a definate card, maybe permaban if I'm really juiced...lol

Bateman the super sub to provide run in the last as we consolidate our advantage.

Hawks by 30 points

KOLOKOTRONIS

I sure hope your right! I don't know if I can take another loss to the Cats. So much so that I'm not feeling very confident about tomorrow night, especially considering we've blown so many leads in the past.

"We'll beat them when it counts" is what I've heard after every loss. Well, the time for that rhetoric to be put to the sword is fast approaching. A little less than 24 hours to go and I'm already feeling pre-match nerves.

Interesting that Bruce is "sore" and now stranded on 9 games.... 1 short of another year.
Got a feeling that tomorrow night is going to be the coming of age for Bailey. He's going to monster Ottens and set the tone early with his strength, 1%er's and agression at the contest.
Murph to do a number on Stevie J with of course the odd brain fade, thats just how he rolls.
Massive game - bring it on.

Seeing Corey out and Kelly in the centre to me = Hawks win.

We should be able to curtail Kelly easily

Hey guys, just another Geelong flog dropping by.
:p
Absolutely shitting myself before this game and i think this is a good opportunity to celebrate our mutual hatred/admiration.

I haven't looked forward to a game like this in a long time, sure to be a ripper, I hope we destroy you of course, nothing would make me happier, but i cant claim to be confidant.

Whatever the result i am sure it is going to be epic, great matchups all over the park and hopefully the cats put the finals hoodoo to the test.

Hey guys, just another Geelong flog dropping by.
:p
Absolutely shitting myself before this game and i think this is a good opportunity to celebrate our mutual hatred/admiration.

I haven't looked forward to a game like this in a long time, sure to be a ripper, I hope we destroy you of course, nothing would make me happier, but i cant claim to be confidant.

Whatever the result i am sure it is going to be epic, great matchups all over the park and hopefully the cats put the finals hoodoo to the test.

I must join you in that state. LOL
I am looking forward to this match more than any in a long time, but the nerves are going to be the end of me!

Any chance what one of Scarlett, Taylor or Lonergan (more than likely) will start forward? The Cats have gone in with 3 tall backs when we will probably go in with oney 2 key forwards (Buddy and Hale). The Cats will want to stretch our defence and considering Ling is named at CHF, that won't help them. Also who will be our sub? I would have thought they would all start but out of the ones named on the bench, I really can't pick it.
Love the depth in the emergencies as well :D. GO HAWKS

My 20cents worth on the game:
- hodge has to work his butt off and beat Ling, not sook and give up. Should not go into the backline as Ling is very comfortable there. If it's a hard tag and he can't shake it, go forward. Ling will freak out.
- Bailey v Ottens, I'm backing big Max
- remind Hawkins he is a ****
- Lewis, Sewell and Mitchell you are stars hunt the ball and bash them up inside like we did v Carlton
- Clarko don't go to defensive and keep a forward line. Make them worry about our stars. We have more of them
- move the ball quick and precise no bombing long into the forward line as the soft c--- cats defenders all zone off and protect space. Hit up short targets like Bruest, WX, Cyril etc and Buddy if he is smart and gets on his bike

Whilst i do agree with what a lot of you are saying, this post just made me cringe a little, bailey beating ottens? whilst bailey might be a talent he is inexperienced coming in against a one of our most experienced players and in form, im not by any means saying ottens will win, but geez you would have to back ottens wouldnt you?

and with the hodge comment, if hodge went forward, somebody like enright would move on to him, and then ling would move to mitchell and nulify him, so really its a win for geelong because enright can certainly hold his own against hodge, just my 2 cents :)

Whilst i do agree with what a lot of you are saying, this post just made me cringe a little, bailey beating ottens? whilst bailey might be a talent he is inexperienced coming in against a one of our most experienced players and in form, im not by any means saying ottens will win, but geez you would have to back ottens wouldnt you?

and with the hodge comment, if hodge went forward, somebody like enright would move on to him, and then ling would move to mitchell and nulify him, so really its a win for geelong because enright can certainly hold his own against hodge, just my 2 cents :)

You're clearly viewing your ageing, once a-grade, but never elite, ruckman, through rose-coloured glasses. Bailey can hold his own for taps, and his skills are as good as any ruckman. He has every chance of beating Ottens.

Re the Hodge and Mitchell Cat and Mouse - your comment is ridiculous. If Ling refused to tag Hodge, and took Mitchell, Hodge would just go back into the centre. There will not be some constant will-he-won't-he going on with Captain Ugly's tag. If he doesn't follow his tag into the forward line, his tag willl just come back to the midfield - and reek havoc, untagged.

Re: Hawthorn Vs Geelong Teams

Think Whitecross is too important to our forward press to be the sub.
agreed, he has an appointment with M.Scarlett tonite. Not a chance in hell he will start as a sub, has out of nowhere become a very important and vital player for us. In fact scott would be wise to do a bit of homework on whiteX such is the emergence of his ability particularly the past couple of months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hawthorn Vs Geelong Teams

omg this next few hrs gonna kill me ... how can i sleep !?
If it makes you feel better, I pretty much have to wait another 40 odd hours before I can watch it!

Game is on around 10/11AM here when i'm at work and will be out tomorrow night. Will have to wait till Saturday morning here before I can watch it.

Also, means I can't check Facebook or Big Footy in that time for fear of finding out the result.

Just called in sick, the co worker who answered the phone was onto me as she is a Cats supporter. I am pissing in my pantaloons with excitement.

Winning tonighight is not about the weather, not about the Cats, it is all entirely upto us. We will win.

Yeh like the sickie idea...will follow suit....bucketing down in South Melbourne!!

You'll feeel much better once your sick:D.

This doctor prescribes a healthy dose of bigfooty then to the big game and Beer every 20 minutes PRN.

Pumped about tonight.... check

Got my tickets.... check

Getting out of work early.... check

Sorted out my wet weather gear.... check

As per usual, keeping the lid on. I am going into tonight expecting to lose. I hope I am pleasantly surprised. :D

I'm living at a residential college in Parkville, and we've been having torrential bursts, lasting around 5 minutes each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back