Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Rioli, Hodge, Bruest, Hartung
Out: Sis, Lithe, Howe, Smith

Pretty straightforward

In consideration :
Spang, Jed, Simpkin

Simmo 38 possies on fire in the vfl cant be ignored. Even if he only plays this one game for the year, for Smith, as sub. Thought he was finished with us, but his numbers cant be ignored

Trade bait: Schoey
Why even post that about Schoe? Why is Spang in consideration but not Shoe?

Why even post that about Schoe? Why is Spang in consideration but not Shoe?
Seems Schoey wont be called up this week, and then not for the remaining games thus his season is finished, for me. Not a Schoey basher but cant see him getting back in. If Chip goes and stays forward then Spang has a spot down back.

Seems Schoey wont be called up this week, and then not for the remaining games thus his season is finished, for me. Not a Schoey basher but cant see him getting back in. If Chip goes and stays forward then Spang has a spot down back.
I agree. No room for bruise-free footballers in finals. Spangher may not be amazingly skilled but his toughness is beyond question. Great that Langford is back in the side for this reason.

If we attack West Coast physically the way we did Norf early in the year (minus suspensions) I'm confident we'll win.

Reckon Chip forward is more about matchups, good chance Spang would be first called defensively reckon Shoe first called as a forward if we need a replacement.
Also think Swiss more likely to get called up than Joffa or Jed if needed.

Kennedy & Darling must be stopped - When either is playing deep we know that Lake can take them.. Frawley can get on his bike and take Kennedy when he plays up the ground..

Gibbo as always will be peeling off and going 3rd up... Can we also fit in the Spang? This potentially allows us to use Frawley as a swingman?

Simpkin could be Clarko's 'sub vest' finals trump card :thumbsu:

Reckon Chip forward is more about matchups, good chance Spang would be first called defensively reckon Shoe first called as a forward if we need a replacement.
Also think Swiss more likely to get called up than Joffa or Jed if needed.
Think Swiss would be far too risky to bring in now

With the 'brutality' that finals brings, I feel confident that the Hawks will make sure to crash into NicNat to limit his leap height effectiveness and crash hard into Shooter, focusing on his dodgy shoulder. Take out that ability to take the intercept marks, which he has used as a great strength this season, and suddenly the ball is getting hit to ground and the likes of Rioli, Puopolo and Breust amongst others are there to swoop. The hawks train for the forwardline ground ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Jed might come in for Smith...

Would be a good fit against eagles.
Good option vs Eagles, but means we're not playing the 2 (or 3) wingmen system that we've played all year.

I think he's the better option than Billy, but does it affect our game-style at all?

Daniel Howe would be stiff to be dropped. Played a solid game. 21 disposals - 9 marks - 5 tackles - 95% disposal efficiency
I reckon he should've been given a bit more time in the 1's earlier in the year, the kid oozes class.
Still has a (slim) chance to make his mark in the finals I guess.
Everyone always bangs on ad nauseam about big bodies and contested possessions being critical come september. Players who make the right decisions with or without the pill are equally, if not more important and this guy ticks those boxes.

Would like to see Langers and Shiels do some real close checking of their inside mids when NicNat is in the ruck. He'll get the hit outs, so don't give their mids so much as a meter or two headstart or he'll get it to them.

The amazing thing I have noticed with Nik Nat is his follow up and second and thirds attack on the ball often ends with him getting the clearances. This is only at centre ball ups where a third up cannot come into play. I'm sure our coaching group will work on this.

Who is our best ruckman to tackle him in the centre. I seem to recall Hale did OK some time ago, but he may not have the same mobility now, so probably Ceglar would be my first pick.

"Better than Leigh Matthews" Lecras :thumbsu:
oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg

Because it's the only way to ensure the loser of the QFs gets a longer break than their EF opponent in the SF the following week.

6 day break is fine. West Coast have one too and it's also their second one in a row.

Right, cryptor. I can't understand why all the bitching. The quality of our supporter base seems to be deteriorating, becoming a bunch of whingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back