Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs West Coast - Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most nervous I have been going into a final almost ever, I generally belief this is a 50/50 game. I think our forwards may trouble the west coast defender especially if rough and jack can take a few grabs. Frawley will have to play back and I hope all our defenders are switched on. The biggest thing with Isaac going out is it hurts our structure and he is a genuine line breaker with billy he is a poor mans Isaac. Wouldn't mind even seeing litherland on a wing but trust clarko cause he is probably the best coach our club has seen (hope we never ever lose him). Cant believe how much Nic Nat is getting talked up already (he beat up st.kilda and an American ruckman) plus I remember a few years ago clarko made our ruckman jump early and it buggered Nic Nat. When we had buddy years ago I thought he was capable of winning a grand final off his own boot and now I believe that man is Cyril so hopefully he is on. One last thing even if we were to lose this week I believe it could still open up for us, all we have to do is have faith!! Any Hawks attending Friday barrack loud and get us over the line....

Might depend on who wins the other QF. If it's Fremantle then they will be the higher ranked QF winner. If it's Sydney then we will be.
No. It is set up to give teams fair rests from here on in.
Winner of Friday night gets the Saturday prelim.
Lose (and win the semi) and we will play winner of Freo v Swans.

Might depend on who wins the other QF. If it's Fremantle then they will be the higher ranked QF winner. If it's Sydney then we will be.

'The $wans have advised the AFL that they would prefer the friday night prelim. As they beat the higher place opponent in the QF the AFL is happy to give them whatever they want'

Hey everyone, I have done a preview of the game here: http://thebirdsofprey.fansunite.com...g-final-preview-west-coast-eagles-vs-hawthorn if anyone wants to check it out. It is a bit lengthy so I apologise.

Was feeling strangely confident about this one yesterday but the closer the match gets the more nervous/less confident I will become. Looking over some stats about West Coast and it is really strange to see just how similar to us they are. Limiting Nic Nat's influence is going to be a huge task. If we can do that then I will be very confident.

This is the go.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I beg to differ and the board game is second to none...
article-2699416-1FA0753300000578-90_634x877.jpg
You need to get out a bit more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

To say this game is going to be physically demanding is an understatement. Both teams want to win and will be leaving nothing in the tank. A home prelim and a week off to recover will be the reward. I can see a few suspensions coming out of this game!

To say this game is going to be physically demanding is an understatement. Both teams want to win and will be leaving nothing in the tank. A home prelim and a week off to recover will be the reward. I can see a few suspensions coming out of this game!
Hopefully the tribunal plays no part who the eventual premiers are. Let the big boys play.

Really? There are barely ever any suspensions in finals. It will be hard as hell but also fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our first quarter attack on the ball, and the carrier, should be no less than tough and relentless, but within the rules. We usually know if we are going to lose a game by quarter time, but if the Eagles have the slightest doubt, or show even a little hesitation when they go at the footy, then I would say I will be a happy man at the first break.

Let's go to the board... "Make me sick" is the top answer! Would you like to pass or play?
I'll play Wundo ! Could it be: 'looking at pictures of, listening to or reading anything written by.... Robbo??

My secondary answer would be: 'the thought of the Hawks going out in straight sets'.

What about the three seconds loss of the Essendon game?

Let's be fair, we've played arrogantly all year, turning up only when we felt it was necessary.

Time for the Hawks to prove that arrogance was founded.

Or Cyril hadn't fumbled that ball against Sydney.

A lot of what if moments this season.

It'll most likely be wet Thursday for training and Friday morning. There is a small chance that it won't be as wet as predicted, Friday night, as Perth will be in between cold fronts; the one from the Thursday will be through and we'll shift back into north westerly flow ahead of the second front Saturday morning.
What's the drainage like @ Subi?

Our first quarter attack on the ball, and the carrier, should be no less than tough and relentless, but within the rules. We usually know if we are going to lose a game by quarter time, but if the Eagles have the slightest doubt, or show even a little hesitation when they go at the footy, then I would say I will be a happy man at the first break.
Me Too Thaihawk. Very well summed up!

Yeah just a little bit....two knee recos had a bit less continuity than Joffa who has been getting lotsa possies too...as a sub, id choose Joffa for a QF.
Fair call on the knees, especially considering they were both done in finals.
Joffa is getting a lot of footy but reports are mixed on how useful his disposals are which has always been the case with him.
Swiss has had a good month and it wouldn't surprise me if we needed to call up a bigger bodied mid if Clarko went with Whitey over Joffa or Jed. As that most likely means an injury I'm hoping we don't end up there.

Fair call on the knees, especially considering they were both done in finals.
Joffa is getting a lot of footy but reports are mixed on how useful his disposals are which has always been the case with him.
Swiss has had a good month and it wouldn't surprise me if we needed to call up a bigger bodied mid if Clarko went with Whitey over Joffa or Jed. As that most likely means an injury I'm hoping we don't end up there.
Apparently Clarko saying Smith's medial is on lighter side and could be right to play, although they don't want to risk it.

Out of the three above, id love for Jed to get first crack

The surface has been shifting a bit underfoot over last few weeks particularly with heavy run around.

Long stops for sure boys
No different to 1991, then...

Hoping that's an omen (without anyone injuring their knee like Derm did that day, of course).

Hopefully the tribunal plays no part who the eventual premiers are. Let the big boys play.
I hope you're right, but both teams are high ranking in suspensions and with so much on the line, I can see it being more 1970's than 2015 style footy. I hope the ref's stay out of it but there will be some serious biffo from both sides!

Let's face it, it is the Master Vs the Apprentice with Clarko & Simo!

Apparently Clarko saying Smith's medial is on lighter side and could be right to play, although they don't want to risk it.

Out of the three above, id love for Jed to get first crack
Would be exciting if he could be like Langers last year come in and have a huge finals series as part of a premiership team, we were all hoping he would at the start of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back