Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Collingwood get the ball up to him enough times?
If Mark Williams of Hawthorn can lead the Coleman for most of the year Buckley is a chance of kicking plenty next year if played forward.But I think he would be of more value on the half forward flank where he can push up the field when needed and still kick a few when he has the ball around 50 metres out.

Haha thats a good one and Fanning will be a premier ruckman with a pure A class onball brigade of Lokan Williams and Lonie and a foward line with spearhead Jason Cloke and his superstar brother Cameron hahahaha

He's a great option at FF and will kick a bag. No need for Rocca or Tarrant with him there. Trade 'em for a decent list. ;)

It is not as stupid as it sounds. Buckly could easily kick 60-80 goals if he spent a all his time down that end of the ground.

Good luck to him. True champion of the game. Pitty about his head! :D

depends who else is down there with him, if he gets the number 1 back or not, i'ld still have him down for 40 or so though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he played out of the square in every match and Collingwood got the ball inside 50 atleast 50 times in 85% of their games then I think he would kick at least 100. I dont like him but the fact is he is a gun and would beat his man the majority of the time. With his kicking ability he only needs 10 kicks to get a solid bag of 5+.

Having said that there is no way Malthouse would starve his number one player of quality football further up field.

I can't see it. If Buckley is fit enough he will play predominantly in the midfield. If he isn't fit enough to do that it won't because he can't run enough it will be because his hamstrings don't work in which case leading from FF would be a problem. Fully fit he could be a valuable forward but that isn't where Collingwood will need him. If he didn't play midfield I'd rather use him across half back where he would add more than being another forward option along side the likes of Rocca, Tarrant, Travis Cloke, Rusling, Fraser, Didak, Caracella and at times Cameron Cloke. He might be valuable moving up forward at times but not as a permanent forward IMO.

WTF would I know though. In 1990 I said Mathews was mad wasting Daicos as a permanent forward because he was our best midfielder.

Having said that, if Collingwood had a truck load of quality midfield options and fewer forward options Buckley could be a significant goal kicker. 100 goals is a lot though and it doesn't happen very often when you consider how many teams there are and how many years we've been at it. Still if Larry Donahue can do it Nathan Buckley can.

jmain14 said:
won't happen although he is a hell of a lot more chance than your boy jase is.

Well it was just a stupid f***ing statement seeing as how he plays the majority of his football in defense.

Another cheap shot at a kid doing his best to make his way. How do you feel when someone bags Nathan Ablett? See easy isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back