Preview R1: Changes for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is one thing that concerns me about Cook, it's his conditioning. Why does he still look like a raw recruit? It's like he's barely changed since being drafted. Would be nice to see him stack on some weight. Even Gollant eventually looked like a footballer and he was one of the skinniest recruits ever.

The issue is that if Cook doesn't improve, he's still contracted for 2026 and will have no trade value, meaning that we'll be stuck with him.

How often do contracted players get delisted and paid out? I know Port moved Clurey on, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly common occurrence.

I think Bond was fantastic in the games he played last year - a new glove for the back pocket.

I don’t remember his opponent being BOG as you claim? Quite the opposite?
Two games that I can think of off the top of my head are Essendon and Geelong. Merrett and Stengle were close to, if not best on ground for their respective teams.

By the way, I think it is perfectly acceptable for a guy who has played less than 10 games to have a few stinkers. Let's be honest about it though.

Two games that I can think of off the top of my head are Essendon and Geelong. Merrett and Stengle were close to, if not best on ground for their respective teams.

By the way, I think it is perfectly acceptable for a guy who has played less than 10 games to have a few stinkers. Let's be honest about it though.

His position is incredibly hard. It is harder to play a lock down role in my opinion than almost any other position on the ground. You are fighting to balance your natural game with locking down your opponent and if you are tasked with locking down an opponent at AFL level, your opponent is not a potato.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R1: Changes for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back