Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamill 3-4 weeks out - finger surgery today

That sucks. Just when he's getting back to the form he was showing before the concussions.

He gets another contract IMO.

Id love for them to give Ryan some games before the end of the year, his form at SANFL level has been consistently good and we’ve just had a spot he will play for us in the future open up.

If Smith is to come in then only at the expense of Murphy.

Id love for them to give Ryan some games before the end of the year, his form at SANFL level has been consistently good and we’ve just had a spot he will play for us in the future open up.

Sadly, Nicks doesn't see things that way.

He’s a big part of our future.

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

WTF!

With Hamill going down with injury I reckon it's a chance to throw Laird back there and tell him this is your chance to lock down a permanent spot as a small rebounding defender for the next couple of years otherwise you'll be midfield depth or trade bait.
You try telling Rory Laird he is midfield depth

agreed, hopefully bringing in experience makes it easier to drop Murphy. With nothing to back it up, I feel like Smith looks best creating forward half turnovers and would love to see him come back on a wing.

Whether he is ready, could be fun to get a Curtin's Brisbane redemption game in too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gave Brodie Smith 3 months of terrible football, what would make you think he wouldn't bring him back the first chance he got? He won't hold these senior blokes accountable for their performances long term, as soon as he can justify it they'll be straight back in.

With Hamill going down with injury I reckon it's a chance to throw Laird back there and tell him this is your chance to lock down a permanent spot as a small rebounding defender for the next couple of years otherwise you'll be midfield depth or trade bait.
💯

We've got a few options, all preferable to Smith being recalled.

1. Give Oscar Ryan a look
2. Bring Jones back in via the backline
3. Laird as a permanent defender
4. Smith recall

Typically, we'll go for the option with the least upside because Smith had a good SANFL game last week.

Once I saw Hamill was out, it was fairly obvious they would use that to get Brodie Smith back in, but lol to 'big part of our future', why is there any need to say that when he's obviously near the end? Only silver lining is that it probably saves Taylor from going out.

Surprised about RT, but I guess they may see a home game next week as a better return game, instead of against a rampaging Brisbane away.

Dowling isn't going out. It'll be Smith for Hamill and Chayce will play SANFL... surely?!
And because our game is late on the Sunday, I'd assume we can have all of our emergencies play SANFL and just fly one over on Sunday morning.

Dowling isn't going out. It'll be Smith for Hamill and Chayce will play SANFL... surely?!

I don't see any other obvious player we'd drop for Jones, who hasn't played a SANFL game since 2022

I guess they could drop Cook, which is a much of a muchness in terms of shitness of decision

Back