Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the selectors ruled a line through Chayce Jones as well as McHenry?

Maybe not ruled a line but definitely making them earn/shine to get back in. Whereas they have had the luxury of being high draft picks and pencilled in for opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am interested to see Bond in. Hasn't stood out to me in SANFL games as much as some others, but I wouldn't really know.

As it's a wet game, thought Curtin could be a good choice. Bigger body, and had a team high 9 tackles in the snaffle on the weekend. Guess they are gonna raffle some games.

The man with the golden fist.
From the crows with love.
Kicks a thunderball.
You can only do that twice.
That was for Hugh's eyes only.

Dwanye Russell reading this thread:

Dog Notes GIF by Hey Duggee

I am interested to see Bond in. Hasn't stood out to me in SANFL games as much as some others, but I wouldn't really know.

As it's a wet game, thought Curtin could be a good choice. Bigger body, and had a team high 9 tackles in the snaffle on the weekend. Guess they are gonna raffle some games.
Maybe we're gifting Bond a farewell game so he can thank the fans for their support over the years.

Curtin is 197/198cms (depends which site you believe), yeah?
I'd prefer him on a dry deck with fewer oppo smalls.

Many in here think Curtin has a big future. I hope Nicks :drunk: sees that, too.

Not a fan of Brodie’s season, but watching the replay back and he actually had a decent enough game. With Hinge out there is no way he’s starting as sub.

It’ll be Murphy or Taylor I reckon, can’t imagine Bond is getting it as seems like he’s coming in for a specific role on the Saints small forwards.
Surely a tall will be a sub unless there is a late out?

Maybe not ruled a line but definitely making them earn/shine to get back in. Whereas they have had the luxury of being high draft picks and pencilled in for opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I think Nicks has been picking him because he’s got more performance credits (even if not great) than untried kids, and his focus is winning not development. Then the kids get a go, perform better immediately, and by his own philosophy of looking to win each week they have to stay in.

I’m happy with that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we're gifting Bond a farewell game so he can thank the fans for their support over the years.
Campo said recently that when he was involved they’d sometimes pick a player just to pump up their trade value (no great surprise I know but rarely admitted) - maybe we’re doing that?

Though I actually doubt it, I think Bond might have a future. Time will tell

If I think of any Bond references, I will certainly not mention the name of a commentator who has too much PAFC past to bring up in a Crows thread with such regularity. Persona non grata for me.

I shouldn't, I really shouldn't

But Goebbels kept shape of cultural life...

I think the difference being that Goebbels kept shape and that got results. Murphy keeps shape but has no impact.

With that said, both are in the leadership group and both are top 10 in the B&F

Speaking of Bond, in 50% of all seasons where a "Bond" has played for us, we've won the flag.

Obviously not this year, but if he plays next year it's basically a given that we're flag bound.

Seems a strange one to be playing both Berg and Thilthorpe along with Walker and Fog. Too tall up forward. Who's the replacement for Rankine?

Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Back