Review R20: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Hawthorn

How many more games will we win this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a few small forwards on the list, we just play them as hybrid mid forwards and they're not good or needed to improve the midfield (Rachele, Rankine, Murphy, McHenry)...

Our midfield has been so shit we've invested tons of resources trying to improve it, and it's still shit.
What resources have we used to improve it?

Hamish way on my hit list before Reid , I’d love to know the inside / out of whether Reid would like to trade a guy like Laird but nicks doesn’t want anyone to leave

I bet the recruiters in general are fuming over Curtin handling , they be chuffed they got this guy in draft and unhappy he wasn’t backed in this week with Dawson out
Yeah he has some bad misses and I'm not against moving him on if we are confident we have a better option but the last few years our drafting has been OK. The worst of it came when Pyke and the lunatics were running the asylum. I'm assuming their input negatively affected our drafting but I guess we are all guessing on that.

Do we think there is an correlation to both us and Bombers getting spanked? that game just took it out of the players? not that it should of effected us as we had the longer break.

Why time for Tex ? Clearly our best tall forward in this game

He’s naturally changing his game style to allow the younger boys to shine

I’d be signing Tex , he can play 15-17 games , he’s a smart player and knows what he’s doing re bringing others into the game
I think too often this year, the only player Tex is bringing into the game is his opponent.
Too many times this year his player has been close to BOG
Another senior player who wont chase

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree, but we all know it wont happen. We've never been a club to make a ruthless decision. Our coaching panel seem to ignore or arent smart enough to see what the rest of us see.
Exactly this. Teams like Hawks even moved on champions like Hodge, Sam Mitchell, Tom Mitchell and the players understood why.

Our line of approach is to ask the players how long they want to keep playing for.

A completely spineless football club (business).

Can anyone explain why, with four key forwards in the team, we've still got ROB flying for marks against them in our forward 50?

I mean it's unlikely he will actually hold a mark and even more unlikely that he'll convert the set shot.

Our coaches are complete morons.
He was sent down there to stifle Hawthorns counter attacks.

Good
Well few battled on .
Curtin showed in little time given should have been playing weeks ago .
Bad
Some of the horrible errors made even by our experienced players.
Press and Many on here blaming our loss on 4 talls wow that's the reason they kicked 14 unanswered goals.
Even discussing that thought Impey one of most damaging was on our defensive small forward ( no name required )
Ugly
Realisation that another rebuild team has gone streets ahead of us in much less time.
Our structure and system at centre square etc is diabolical both ways and even if cant get rid of Nicks please please replace Van Berlo and of course need a new senior assistant forward coach.
Keane what the hell happened to this man .
Borlase -- no sorry mate you are not a AFL player.
Cook --- kept believing in Cook and like with Pedlar knew they had talent so patiently waiting .
Not too sure now .
Murphy ---- How pathetic was some of his efforts and did he forget he was there as defensive fwd let alone just a fwd who must defend when we don't have ball.
Our supporter base that keep believing we will trade or draft well and someone in leadership will make a tough decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R20: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Hawthorn

Back