Thilthorpe
Keays
Berry’s persistence
Dawson
Laird nil CBAs

Bad
Berry’s first touch. He’s not a clean handler. Fumbles about half the time

Bond getting a run in front of Ryan

Laird, Murphy and Crouch getting a run in front of anyone at this point of the year.

Ugly
Umpiring. The new Htb ‘rule’ sucks. Prior opportunity doesn’t matter at all if you get chicken winged, does matter at random other times, and dropping it is just fine now. It sucks to watch.

Tanner Bruhn - the new Selwood. Throws a big flying heil hitler forearm every time he takes possession in traffic. Crouch was losing it because he kept getting hit in the face by him. 6 frees for.

Curtin 4 mins
Ironically this was one of the Geelong in Geelong games where they didn't get an absolute armchair ride by the umpires except for about 7 minutes at the start of the 3rd.

They missed a Dawson HTB but also missed Laird being thrown out of contests.

It was an excellent effort after last weeks debacle.

Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Rachele up forward. Murray, Worrell as the talls down back. Add Rankine to combine with Dawson through the middle, with Crouch feeding them, and it’s closer to looking like a finals side.

Sorry, positive feedback not welcome here. This is Crows board, the self-flagellating Opus Dei of Big Footy

Maybe because the man child posters of this board don’t have the tactical nouse or inside knowledge to understand the any of it.

Keep yelling at clouds everyone, we’re making progress and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hi Scott

coffin-dance-dancing-pallbearers.gif

Sorry, positive feedback not welcome here. This is Crows board, the self-flagellating Opus Dei of Big Footy

"No one wants to participate in my 15th place celebration party and it's because they're all stupid and I hate them".

Even Nicks thought the margin flattered us. He thinks you wouldn't win many games with how we performed.

It was an excellent effort after last weeks debacle.

Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Rachele up forward. Murray, Worrell as the talls down back. Add Rankine to combine with Dawson through the middle, with Crouch feeding them, and it’s closer to looking like a finals side.
We would be top 4 if Nicks wasn't the worst coach in the league who should be sacked immediately as he is ruining everyones nice time and just wont instruct the players to "go long" or "kick the bloody thing".

I just want to say:

Winding up an opposition crowd, at any point, but especially when the game is far from over, is the act of a f*ckwit, a selfish pr*ck, and a moron.

That shit would make me borderline psychotic if I was a coach.
Barry Standfield showed his opponent the ball.

And Blighty never picked him again.

I just want to say:

Winding up an opposition crowd, at any point, but especially when the game is far from over, is the act of a f*ckwit, a selfish pr*ck, and a moron.

That shit would make me borderline psychotic if I was a coach.
Kinda get your point, but it also shows a bit of pluck and pride and competitiveness, in front of an away crowd, and despite having every reason to be dispirited about their club, which on balance I will take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe and Rachele

Rachele did the "show me the money" which I didn't really get because he's already signed a long ass contract it was a bit weird

They’re both yet to achieve anything in the game of football. Not a thing. Never even played in a final.

They’re part of a team famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They’ve been on the f*cking bottom their entire careers.

It’s laughable the way they both behave. Especially Rachele.

They’re both yet to achieve anything in the game of football. Not a thing. Never even played in a final.

Coaches thought they were really great, and gave them votes

The flipside to this argument is that it shows the players are having fun, which leads to their better performances.

I used to be "old school " in regards to showboating, but have come to realise that for some guys in this era a release of excitement helps their game. Especially Rachele.

What harm was done?

Yes, the players should feel the loss. And I bet they do, but why compound it by telling them to take the fun away.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's confidence/enjoying the game and there's arrogance. Cupping your ears and show me the money (the latter of which didn't even seem directed at the crowd?) don't strike me as arrogance. We WANT our young players to exhibit confidence and play to their strengths. Hawthorn encourage the same as it's seemingly working fine for them.

Fine line to ride between confidence and arrogance, sure, and I'd be monitoring Rachele but nothing worth stressing over yet surely.

There's confidence/enjoying the game and there's arrogance. Cupping your ears and show me the money (the latter of which didn't even seem directed at the crowd?) don't strike me as arrogance. We WANT our young players to exhibit confidence and play to their strengths. Hawthorn encourage the same as it's seemingly working fine for them.

Fine line to ride between confidence and arrogance, sure, and I'd be monitoring Rachele but nothing worth stressing over yet surely.
Rachele went into his shell and his Footy suffered.

Why stifle him over such a nothing issue.

Rachele went into his shell and his Footy suffered.

Why stifle him over such a nothing issue.

To be clear, I don’t want him to be stifled.

Show emotion, express yourself, embrace your natural personality. Take off the shackles. That’s all great.

I’m saying don’t do stuff that gives ammunition to the crowd or your opponents when the game’s still in the balance.

And hugging people in the crowd like he did against Essendon — as the ball’s going back to the middle & there’s still time remaining — is not expressing yourself, it’s stupid.

Wait until the fat lady sings, then go and hug the crowd.

Last edited:

Show emotion, express yourself, embrace your natural personality. Take off the shackles. That’s all great.

I’m saying don’t do stuff that gives ammunition to the crowd or your opponents when the game’s still in the balance.

And hugging people in the crowd like he did against Essendon — as the ball’s going back to the middle & there’s still time remaining — is not expressing yourself, it’s stupid.

Bugga that. Let them have the flair they want if it makes them feel good. That's trouble with this club too conservative.

Hawthorne did it all game at our home ground and only got better for them. The game against the Bombers was over as they had to kick two goals in a minute. I would have showed the players the Hawthorne antics over and over at half time as embarrassing everyone and see if that would instill some bloody pride that they showed last Saturday.

Make them Crowbots.....

Everything you said Rachele went through. Told to tone it down and stop showing emotion.

His Footy suffered

You want robots out there?

A return to the Crowbots days?

Really, they are both young and enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that.
If you look at our close losses, yes Nicks went defensive and lost us the game but the umpires have screwed us in almost every game too. The holding the ball against Fog was bullshit and then 2 minutes later, the cats drop the ball inside their 50 And a cats player picks it up and kicks a goal.
We have to get better but in any close loss, you need some luck and we have had absolutely none.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

your comments make no sense.
look at hawthorn, collingwood, brisbane, and port adelaide to name a few. they all showboat.

who cares if you give the crowd more ammo... its sports, they will boos and scream etc etc regardless.

toby greene loves it and embrace it.

it can take some players to the next level.

Chris Scott yesterday

“I think we’re seeing in today’s game that if you play a really defensive game, the opposition will have their moments at some point in time. So, if you don’t ride the momentum while you have it, you leave yourself vulnerable to a really good team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back