Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

You want robots out there?

A return to the Crowbots days?

It’s not goal celebrations or animation I’m against, it’s giving it to an opposition crowd when there’s still time left, and then losing.

That’s…. what losers do.

The AFC doesn’t have a reputation for walking the walk.

Win something. Anything. Then I’ll STFU.

To be clear, I don’t want him to be stifled.

Show emotion, express yourself, embrace your natural personality. Take off the shackles. That’s all great.

I’m saying don’t do stuff that gives ammunition to the crowd or your opponents when the game’s still in the balance.

And hugging people in the crowd like he did against Essendon — as the ball’s going back to the middle & there’s still time remaining — is not expressing yourself, it’s stupid.

Wait until the fat lady sings, then go and hug the crowd.
Yeah I’m not for giving the opposition any ammunition at all. If I cared about the result I’d have been filthy on thilthy.

To be fair we’re normally so good in close games so he’s unlucky it backfired.

Yeah I’m not for giving the opposition any ammunition at all. If I cared about the result I’d have been filthy on thilthy.

To be fair we’re normally so good in close games so he’s unlucky it backfired.

Just what I was thinking at the time.

“Gee, lucky we’ve got an amazing record at Kardinia Park, and will likely go on to win this game, great work RT, after your next goal why don’t you stick it up Chris Scott.”

Unfortunately a miracle happened and Geelong beat the Crows at KP.

Luckily for RT and the Crows, Geelong & Chris Scott are still losers who have never won anything. Other than premierships. But who cares about those.

It’s not goal celebrations or animation I’m against, it’s giving it to an opposition crowd when there’s still time left, and then losing.

That’s…. what losers do.

I Cant No More GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Slippery when Rachele fist pumps the air one time

“Gee, lucky we’ve got an amazing record at Kardinia Park, and will likely go on to win this game, great work RT, after your next goal why don’t you stick it up Chris Scott.”

Luckily for RT and the Crows, Geelong & Chris Scott are still losers who have never won anything. Other than premierships. But who cares about those.
Most football supporters wont even tolerate the bloke sitting next to them saying ''oh we're home here'' unless losing is an actual impossibility.

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Its a sin to tempt the footy gods as a supporter, moreso as a player. I remember Chad pointing to the scoreboard in a showdown halfway through the last only to be run down. Clown.

I raised an eyebrow at TT but I wasnt overly invested in a dead rubber where a win weakens draft position.

Understand that younger generations do different things to Millennials, Gen X and Boomers.

In the olden days it was seen as disrespectful to your opponent to celebrate like that but now its normal, accepted and part of the game. It's fun, harmless and the fabric of society isn't being torn to down :cool:

One of the things that sh### me about footy is that we have no players who have ever won at Kardinia Park.

And even more disappointing is that most of the squad can't even remember seeing our last win here. Jordan Dawson would have been in prep or still kindergarten!

And the last straw is that we had players this week that weren't even born when we last won here. FFS people, it's been 21 f###ing years....and counting!!!

That's a lot of years for this supporter to drag his sorry arse out the gates on gameday... once again.

As a club, we're carrying a few monkey's on our back like this example. The team is building experience and expertise. It's time for a new coach to reinvigorate the squad, break some of these hoodoos, and produce a "Craig Macrae" lift generally. Nicks is associated with the poor years, the rebuild years, the years of toil, effort, scrapping, still more effort. It's time to smash all that into history and change the paradigm. He's done the job he was assigned to do but it's time for a fresh face, fresh voice, fresh ideas, and fresh belief.

This is Page 13 and I'm 13 pages behind.

I was unable to watch the game.
I've been driving from back'o'Bourke and I was so cheesed off by Saturday's loss --- another close one, another 'valiant' effort, another 'honorable loss' :mad: --- that I just couldn't be bothered looking at Match reviews/replays/BigFooty.

Thanks to Nicks, I really have become comfortably numb. Getting harder to care, by the week :huh:.

Were there any redeeming features/young players doing well/good signs?
Did Nicks make any Game Day moves with positive effect? <== unlikely I know :rolleyes:

That’s…. what losers do.

so when can a player celebrate a goal in your books?
i honestly feel it really does not matter
if the team is good enough and the players are good enough they will find ways to win regardless if they were showboating and giving ammunition to the opposition supporter base.

all the hawks forwards do it...... and i know the bulldogs who we are playing this week do it such as Cody Weightman and others.

Its just there personality and flair.

i rather watch i bunch of players having fun and showing us their personality and style of play (and hopefully win the game) then play some dour crowbot like football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the things that sh### me about footy is that we have no players who have ever won at Kardinia Park.

And even more disappointing is that most of the squad can't even remember seeing our last win here. Jordan Dawson would have been in prep or still kindergarten!

And the last straw is that we had players this week that weren't even born when we last won here. FFS people, it's been 21 f###ing years....and counting!!!

That's a lot of years for this supporter to drag his sorry arse out the gates on gameday... once again.

As a club, we're carrying a few monkey's on our back like this example. The team is building experience and expertise. It's time for a new coach to reinvigorate the squad, break some of these hoodoos, and produce a "Craig Macrae" lift generally. Nicks is associated with the poor years, the rebuild years, the years of toil, effort, scrapping, still more effort. It's time to smash all that into history and change the paradigm. He's done the job he was assigned to do but it's time for a fresh face, fresh voice, fresh ideas, and fresh belief.

Jordan Dawson won at Kardinia Park

...against West Coast playing for Sydney but still

To be clear, I don’t want him to be stifled.

Show emotion, express yourself, embrace your natural personality. Take off the shackles. That’s all great.

I’m saying don’t do stuff that gives ammunition to the crowd or your opponents when the game’s still in the balance.

And hugging people in the crowd like he did against Essendon — as the ball’s going back to the middle & there’s still time remaining — is not expressing yourself, it’s stupid.

Wait until the fat lady sings, then go and hug the crowd.

Do you tell the missus to be ready at 8.30 on the dot on Sunday night?
You don’t go and hug the crowd when the games still running but has become safe so you won’t look silly
It’s getting caught up in the emotion of the game and the moment - the key is too make sure you win a hell of a lot more than you lose!!
James Hird did the exact same though against West Coast or Collingwood back in the day - and it was iconic footage for years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gee, are Millennials are in the same sentence as Boomers now?

Life comes at you fast.
Yep, the olden days are the 80s.
Gen X is easily the worst generation.
Millennials are 40 or so.
Riley and rash are normal doing what they do because that’s their generation.

Skibidi? Rizz? Bussin? Boujee?

Okay you young people say your stuffs

They’re both yet to achieve anything in the game of football. Not a thing. Never even played in a final.

They’re part of a team famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They’ve been on the f*cking bottom their entire careers.

It’s laughable the way they both behave. Especially Rachele.
Jesus ****ing christ

This kind of attitude will keep us in the cellar for god knows how many years

They call themselves the Cartel?!??!?!?

GK is against using the lords name in vain, Slippery is against our players talking shit to the opposition players and fans. SamCrow worried about offending some imaginary footy gods?

Maybe they should change their group name to the pissy little choir boys.

They call themselves the Cartel?!??!?!?

GK is against using the lords name in vain, Slippery is against our players talking shit to the opposition players and fans. SamCrow worried about offending some imaginary footy gods?

Maybe they should change their group name to the pissy little choir boys.
IMG_5186.gif

That’s…. what losers do.

Are you forgetting AFLX?
1722989821999.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back