Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I should have added…
Sleepy Early Morning GIF by PBS

Great performance overall today, but some things I am noticing.

1) Nankervis looks in need of a spell. Love him as a player. Think he’s a top 15 player on our list. I would “manage” him against Port. Just looks sore and nowhere near his best.

2) Murphy is just not good at all. The jig is up. There is no universe where we don’t have 23 better players available to send out against Port.

3) Berry had a strange game. Some really nice moments mixed in with some horror moments. 14 touches in the end. Not good enough. No versatility to be used elsewhere. Would trade. I understand keeping him in the side for a tough game against Port because his tackling is fantastic, but ultimately I would drop him as I’m more concerned about the future of the club, which he isn’t part of.

4) Laird moving out of the midfield has unsurprisingly improved said midfield because it’s a known fact that Rory Laird is a terrible midfielder. People will look at his numbers today and say he was great at half back. There were a minimum of 4 horrendous, mind-bendingly stupid handballs, 4 kicks directly to opposition chests and 1 out on the full under 0 pressure. He also repeatedly called for younger players to kick to him when he’s standing 12m away from them which is selfish and dumb. He’s just not good at all. We need to move on completely.

5) Murray needs the season to end. I wouldn’t hate him being put on ice tbh.

Having said all of that, my changes (which absolutely won’t occur in reality) against Port would be…

Out:
Nankervis (managed), Berry (omitted), Murphy (omitted)

In:
Dowling, Edwards, Ryan

Sub:
Laird

Hinge played a lot of today on a wing - he returns to defence full time to play the role played by Nankervis today

Taylor is elevated from sub into Berry’s inside mid role

Edwards plays Murphy’s role (whatever the fk that is), with a few CBA’s thrown in

Ryan plays Laird’s role (minus the calling for the ball when 12m away and in a worse position)

Dowling goes to the wing vacated by Hinge

I’m not even going to put thought into this, we all know we’ll be unchanged (even though it seems Dowling/Ryan and even Edwards deserve a run)

I wouldn’t mind seeing Nank be sub next week

I would love to see SEN SA put on a Crows and Port Commentary like they did with Carlton vs Hawthorn.
It's a lot of fun but probably not the numbers to justify 2 broadcasts (nor the broadcasting callers who love either club).

Might work better on 5AA with Rowey/Ginever doing biased calls (maybe Nova could give up their broadcast for 3 hours).

Anyway

Out: Curtin, Taylor
In: Smith, Jones

Jks

Probably unchanged because its a Showdown, unless Walker is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is an argument to be made, that maybe the Cats and Dogs potentially did it easy against us the last two weeks.

Port definitely wont. For our recent formline to mean something, our performance this week against them, will reflect exactly where we are at.

Our forward line on Sunday was breathtaking to say the least. Yet another showdown I am eagerly awaiting to watch.

Would be nice to knock Port out of the Top 4 and have them land in 5th place and play the Hawks in W1 Elimination Final. :rainbow:

What should happen

Dowling in
Murphy out.

Curtin can play half forward where Murphy was ad we look more dangerous.

I see this one coming down to whether we can get enough ball out the middle against their best midfield. If we can, they have no chance of containing our key forward marking power...oh and I predict Izak Rankine to take the showdown medal - he will torch them.

I would love to see SEN SA put on a Crows and Port Commentary like they did with Carlton vs Hawthorn.
It's a lot of fun but probably not the numbers to justify 2 broadcasts (nor the broadcasting callers who love either club).

Might work better on 5AA with Rowey/Ginever doing biased calls (maybe Nova could give up their broadcast for 3 hours).

Anyway

Out: Curtin, Taylor
In: Smith, Jones

Jks

Probably unchanged because its a Showdown, unless Walker is out.

Not sure what will happen this week but they normally do separate Crows and Power Nation calls to the AFL nation main call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back