Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DILIGAF. Meaningless game.... play well get a decent game into Taylor and Curtin....

Hope we can be competitive and play well.

I am almost done with the AFL... Player gets ironed out and then we get penalised......

I hope a break, recruiting and preseason growth and injury free season hold.us in good stead.

And all those.. but the coach.....

Norf, Essendon and Aints disprove your theory.

Lol you don't give farewell games to players you're about to delist
Na do it.

Then play Tex Rankine Rachele Laird in the SANFL for final game to help make sANFL finals. Like we do in amatuer cricket. A Grade cant make finals but D Grade can with a win so we stack the D grade side in the final round to help them make finals

Na do it.

Then play Tex Rankine Rachele Laird in the SANFL for final game to help make sANFL finals. Like we do in amatuer cricket. A Grade cant make finals but D Grade can with a win so we stack the D grade side in the final round to help them make finals
I like it - **** the sanfl. Just play our best 22 in the sanfl.

Here are the sanfl qualification rules from 2023:

Under SANFL rules, AFL-listed players qualify for SANFL League finals if they have played more State League games than AFL throughout the year.

They must also have played at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the SANFL season.”

Wonder if Curtin and / or Bond need to drop back this week to qualify for sanfl finals?

Here are the sanfl qualification rules from 2023:

Under SANFL rules, AFL-listed players qualify for SANFL League finals if they have played more State League games than AFL throughout the year.

They must also have played at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the SANFL season.”

Wonder if Curtin and / or Bond need to drop back this week to qualify for sanfl finals?
As per previous years it’s based on the % of the season. Sanfl is 18 games so if they play 9 games sanfl and 11 games afl that’s 50% each.

Curtin has played 12/18 sanfl games and 5 since round 9 so qualifies

Did Nank get hurt?
He's hit the wall of all counterattacking players in the defensive half where the "New Player Smell" wears off. He's playing the same way, but suddenly people aren't paying attention to the "new kid taking the game on with a confidence beyond his years" and instead notice that he's a defender who doesn't defend (well).

Unless we lose by 54 points next weekend, we will have the highest % of a 15th side since the competition had 17/18 sides.

And coincidentally the side that holds that record at the moment for the 15th side is Sydney in 2019 (with a 8-14 win/loss record).

Another unwanted record, like being the most attacking team in 2023 and not playing finals.

I would rest Tex this week and let his eye heal properly. I would give gollant another opportunity as he has generally been dropped after one game. He deserves another go as it is probably his last chance

I would play Taylor for a full game and bring back Billy instead of the injured Rankine

Smith may be in the frame for a recall. He has been in best players for last two weeks. The lack of experience showed up on the weekend when port put extreme physical pressure some outside of rules on us. If Tex does not play I think they will bring him back in

Let’s not put laird on ball. We have to look forward to 2025 He stays in defence

Edwards and Ryan outside chance but I think it’s 2025!for them

Is it time to rest nank if shoulder is still worrying him. 2025 begins now

Our backline has become our best lineup. They were under amazing pressure from centre square and stoppages from their mids. It’s young exciting and they play for keeps. Now to get the midfield upgraded and some parts of forward line tweaked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:-

Rankine. Murphy. Berry. Gollant

Can’t reward or ignore the constant fumbling from Berry all night. That he’s regressed so badly in this area means he’s done for me.

Gollant just doesn’t suit our structure with Fog and TT already locks.

Murphy……surely its time??

Ins:

Ryan. Dowling. T Murray. Edwards

B: Bond. Keane. Worrell
HB: Hinge. Murray. Michaelanney
C: Sholl. Dawson. Curtin
1R: O’Brien. Soligo. Crouch
HF: Rachele. Fogarty. Keays
F: Dowling. Thilthorpe. Edwards

Int: Ryan. T Murray. Nankervis. Taylor
S: Laird

Unless we lose by 54 points next weekend, we will have the highest % of a 15th side since the competition had 17/18 sides.

And coincidentally the side that holds that record at the moment for the 15th side is Sydney in 2019 (with a 8-14 win/loss record).

Another unwanted record, like being the most attacking team in 2023 and not playing finals.
Spells massive underachievers and that’s 100% on nicks and line coaches . A good coach like mitchell would have us contending

He's hit the wall of all counterattacking players in the defensive half where the "New Player Smell" wears off. He's playing the same way, but suddenly people aren't paying attention to the "new kid taking the game on with a confidence beyond his years" and instead notice that he's a defender who doesn't defend (well).
He should be playing on a wing

He's a quality player with great potential. Been a long, tough year for our young defence.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would rest Tex this week and let his eye heal properly. I would give gollant another opportunity as he has generally been dropped after one game. He deserves another go as it is probably his last chance

I would play Taylor for a full game and bring back Billy instead of the injured Rankine

Smith may be in the frame for a recall. He has been in best players for last two weeks. The lack of experience showed up on the weekend when port put extreme physical pressure some outside of rules on us. If Tex does not play I think they will bring him back in

Let’s not put laird on ball. We have to look forward to 2025 He stays in defence

Edwards and Ryan outside chance but I think it’s 2025!for them

Is it time to rest nank if shoulder is still worrying him. 2025 begins now

Our backline has become our best lineup. They were under amazing pressure from centre square and stoppages from their mids. It’s young exciting and they play for keeps. Now to get the midfield upgraded and some parts of forward line tweaked
gollant..... no thank you
he is done

i rather give a go to ryan or recall smith into the side then gollant.

murphy needs to in the Trash.... absolute garbage player

This game has a both clubs will rest players feel to it. A true dead rubber, 1st vs 15th with neither side playing for anything as the only clubs that can move position on the ladder. I'd expect the swans to rest Grundy, not rush Papley back and probably give Warner the extra week off.

Would really love to get games into Ryan & Edwards (who would probably have to get subbed as I doubt his tank is up to it), give Gollant another game to see if he can show why he should stay on the list. Before the weekend I was in the yes camp but have def moved to most likely not. Would love to see senior players get dropped for poor performances on the weekend - Murphy & Laird. Could add to other clubs interest if they get dropped / light a fire up them. Nank needs to get that shoulder fixed so may as well not play him.

I couldn't care any less if we lose by 100, this season has been exhausting and I'm glad it's nearly over

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back