Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Many in the media loved it. Some didn't. That's fine, opinions are opinions.

By Laird coming out and saying that, the story shifts from whether individual commentators liked it, to being able to say the club and his teammates didn't like it.
Did you like what Rachelle did ? .....I certainly didn't .....it was inappropriate, boarding on ignorant

Nothing wrong with Laird saying what every reasonable person is thinking

Did you like what Rachelle did ? .....I certainly didn't .....it was inappropriate, boarding on ignorant

Nothing wrong with Laird saying what every reasonable person is thinking

Yes I liked it very much what Rachele did, was ****ing brilliant. They literally booed off an uncocious player being carried off the ground - they deserve that stuff and then some.

What Laird said can piss off and get in the toilet.

If you're talking about the teeth celebration: As someone who generally thinks planned celebrations are dumb. This one was no worse than anything else.

If you're talking about the fact he seemed to decide he was done for the day after that point: maybe a bit inappropriate.

Yes I liked it very much what Rachele did, was ****ing brilliant. They literally booed off an uncocious player being carried off the ground - they deserve that stuff and then some.

What Laird said can piss off and get in the toilet.
You can name any of the top 90 AFL players .....not one of them would go anywhere near what Rachelle did

If another Club's player did it to Crows supporters .....you'd be the first to be up in arms .....it's called parochialism

You can name any of the top 90 AFL players .....not one of them would go anywhere near what Rachelle did

If another Club's player did it to Crows supporters .....you'd be the first to be up in arms .....it's called parochialism

So hang on, you think them booing Rankine / waving him off the ground = fine.

Rachele winding them up after kicking a goal = not fine.

If you're talking about the teeth celebration: As someone who generally thinks planned celebrations are dumb. This one was no worse than anything else.

If you're talking about the fact he seemed to decide he was done for the day after that point: maybe a bit inappropriate.
It's different .....planned celebrations amongst teammates, yeah I'm not a fan ....but that's probably me showing my age

But the teeth nonsense, is just inviting someone to jump the fence and clock Rachele .....the AFL talk about crowds responsibilities to players ....this was inciting trouble

It may not be at the game ....but Rachele just walking the streets of Adelaide, could spur on a retaliation

So hang on, you think them booing Rankine / waving him off the ground = fine.

Rachele winding them up after kicking a goal = not fine.
Two separate and distinct situations .....you cannot say one is acceptable because of the other

Both situations were unacceptable

Me waiting for the Tribunal outcome.

87fbf267687dd004f724f41316b8d991-knit-crochet-vintage-images-jpg.2085536
lol :D

The knitting is appropriate given the demographic of the Crows supporter base.

Last edited:
Two separate and distinct situations .....you cannot say one is acceptable because of the other

Both situations were unacceptable
One of them involved a player (who was probably copping abuse from the crowd all game) celebrating a goal in what I would call a fairly harmless way.

The other involved people waving off a seriously injured player who we had no idea on the health status off.

Again I just don't see how you can equate both situations at all

Offering much needed clarity in this "great debate" Campo & Timmy G both agreed that in all their time in football (at any level) NEITHER had ever heard of an instruction to target a player. 🙈

People on here give Rowey a hard time but he’s one of the few people on radio who isn’t completely full of shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on here give Rowey a hard time but he’s one of the few people on radio who isn’t completely full of shit.
Yes he is !

He, by his own admission, isn't particularly intelligent .....he speaks B4 he thinks ....and invariably backtracks a couple of days later

Some of his comments are pandering to the savages & talk back .....which is essential, given the Sports Show is effectively an infomercial segment

I reckon those two blokes would do less than 40 min work in a shift .....pretty cushy gig

houston-png.2084059

Port Adelaide star Dan Houston remorseful ahead of crucial AFL Tribunal hearing for bump on Izak Rankine

Port Adelaide star Dan Houston will front the AFL Tribunal full of remorse for his bump which knocked out Adelaide's Izak Rankine, his Power teammate Ollie Wines says.

Damned if you do ....Damned if you don't

Play the Rookies and lose ....don't play rookies and win ....that's the dilemma at this time of the year
Rookies inevitably cost games .....they find it hard to concentrate a full game on defensive positioning .....and get tired

Rookies haven't had the number of PS's to be as fit as mature teams ......they're learning & developing skills such as positioning

Bravo for continuing to play Curtin in the MID's .....and throwing Taylor in the midfield at a tight time of the game ......it was a case of getting experience, versus outcome

1. Crouch (yes I'm a huge critic) .....last 2 weeks has been a kick it fwd player, and he looks so much better than the handballing crab, he's been for most of the year

2. Curtin, the improvement in the use of his body in contests, has been very noticeable

3. Dawson .... I've been busy, so have missed the rants from George Kramer for Dawson spending long periods at HB .....he adds so much back their, when you're losing clearances, and having to launch attacks off HB

4. Bond looks very mature for his level of experience .....is calm under pressure, and holds hs feet ....both excellent signs

5. Happy to trade Berry .....any player who two grabs the ball as often as him, simply cannot be an AFL midfielder .....it was close to 60% of every ball he tried to take .....he either got wrapped up on the 2nd grab, or the attacking movement was stiffled because he couldn't display clean hands

6. Talking of one grab ....we've seen the last of Gollant
More time, less pressure in the SANFL ....his inability to clunk marks one grab, doesn't stick out .....but every time he gets an AFL game, his hands are cement

He also charges at every contest ....so if he runs himself out of the contest too often ......goodbye

Thilthorpe and Fogarty :whitecheck:
“Don’t play the rookies and win”
Which experienced players that we didn’t pick would have been the difference and got us the win Saturday night??

“Don’t play the rookies and win”
Which experienced players that we didn’t pick would have been the difference and got us the win Saturday night??
I was saying winning wasn't the main objective on SAT ....season over, giving Taylor, Curtin, and others the experience of a showdown was far more valuable

It's a balancing act though, still wanting to be competitive

If winning was #1 .....Curtin would not have been left in the Midfield .....Taylor would not have gone into critical CBA's

It was as much about where players played

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back