Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Port ā€˜manageā€™ their club at all times. It is always to some advantage no matter what the situation.

Posters losing their minds about this.

Again, itā€™s what smart organizations do.

Donā€™t be mad at Port. Be mad at the clusterf*ck club youā€™re giving your money to.

Haven't had a chance to read through everything but I wanted to highlight Joshy Worrell. He's my new favourite at west Lakes. Loved his game and is the ultimate team man. Hopefully a long term player and leader for the club.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Said the same thing a while ago , should be in the leadership group . Always flies the flag .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't had a chance to read through everything but I wanted to highlight Joshy Worrell. He's my new favourite at west Lakes. Loved his game and is the ultimate team man. Hopefully a long term player and leader for the club.

Definitely. Have said so multiple times myself! Always first in to back up his team mates.

Could literally see him sprinting to get into the melee. The first boys over there were RT, Soligo and JW.

So we are now supposed to believe that an 8-foot mascot was assaulted in front of 50,000 people and no one filmed it. I've also heard Tim Ginnever mention Mark Bickley 3 times now. Obviously, this shitty club is circling the wagons and in full damage control.
Bickley's a great bloke though and a very fair player.

So we are now supposed to believe that an 8-foot mascot was assaulted in front of 50,000 people and no one filmed it. I've also heard Tim Ginnever mention Mark Bickley 3 times now. Obviously, this shitty club is circling the wagons and in full damage control.
There's a real tit-for-tat Showdown incident recollection. Both clubs guilty.

There was the Bickley elbow... Burgoyne KO'ing Bassett

Thomas KO'ing Bassett again

The Wakelin broken jaw... Brogan on Jericho

Pickett taking out Biglands... Pickett taking out Begley... Montgomery on Burton - "got me a beauty"

Don't forget the Crows' captain in 2002 with a vicious elbow

Thomas tackle on Hentschel... now Houston on Rankine

50/50 really

Hutchy saying Poort supporters who were the boo'ers of Ken should be in a 2nd pool for finals tickets if they're in demand šŸ˜„

True Boolievers.
That's the thing though. None of the 50,000 that will want tickets will be the boo'ers. Just like every single one of the 50,000 that will front up for a final will tell you they were part of the 12,000 that used to rock up to tarped off games in the early '10s at Footy Park.

There's a real tit-for-tat Showdown incident recollection. Both clubs guilty.

There was the Bickley elbow... Burgoyne KO'ing Bassett

Thomas KO'ing Bassett again

The Wakelin broken jaw... Brogan on Jericho

Pickett taking out Biglands... Pickett taking out Begley... Montgomery on Burton - "got me a beauty"

Don't forget the Crows' captain in 2002 with a vicious elbow

Thomas tackle on Hentschel... now Houston on Rankine

50/50 really

It's absolutely mental to me, well not really, that he would recount an incident in 2002 given all of the incidents since then that have nearly always had a ****ing Power player being guilty - as an excuse for the Houston incident.

They always have been and always will be total grubs.

Yep - and furthermore, we lost because we as a club completely shat the bed once it happened. Unless we learn to toughen up and figure out how to work through difficult and dramatic moments like that, we're going nowhere. It's not like finals are going to be free of drama and big hits. Good clubs get on with the job regardless.
Unsure if it's an opinion that's been shared previously but in hindsight, as good as it is to have our young crushers experiencing a finals like atmosphere in front of a hostile crowd, it's moments like these we'd possibly benefit from having Tex (and even Sloaney) out there.
Dawson, Rob and Murph may have had their hands full!

No wonder they buckled in the GF if that's their attitude.
I take it you mean the 2017 GF? (If not, apologies and please disregard the following)

The Crows lost the 2017GF for several reasons, but here are the main ones:
--- mentally, they 'played' their GF the week before when they monstered Geelong (who had been a bogey side for years) at AO in the PF. Great match.
--- they went into the GF with Smithers (who was a gun back then) injured and both Betts and Sloane were underdone due to recent appendix ops. McGovern was shitty at not being selected (a call on an injury), from memory.
--- internally, the Crows were disunited because Lever had made it clear he wanted out and McGovern had also chucked a wobbly re: his contract.
--- on the back of all that, I think they went into the GF mentally underdone. You referred to 'attittude' --- the 2017 Crows had an air of "We've got this", but that was only my impression. They'd thrashed Richmond (21.14 to 10.4) by 76 points at AO in Round 5, but Richmond at the G months later was a different proposition. Richmond were flying, the crowd/ the media/ the Commentators/ the Umpires were all pro-Richmond.
--- on the Umpires, it was the worst game of biased Umpiring I have ever seen.
And, in a GF. Criminal.
The most obvious frees to Crows were called play-on; the ticky-touchwood frees were given to Richmond.
Watch this, which confirms what I just said, especially 3.19/ 6.02. When Betts was held in the goalsquare (a free kick would have brought the Crows back within 4 points + momentum) I knew then they'd never let us win:

Those are the main reasons imo, but their attitude back then has nothing to do with their attitude on Saturday night (nearly 7 years later).

P.S. :shoutyoldman::shoutyoldman: rant provoked and enabled by insomnia, lol@me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back