Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a theory on Ports appeal process. If Houston gets 6+ weeks, they probably will not appeal, as they know he is gone for next year and getting the ban down to 5 wont matter to them as it will make him still ineligible for the GF should they get there. (assuming they lose a final and it wont be their problem for next year/. If its 4 weeks, they will 100% appeal.

Looked like Hinge played a bit of time on the wing on the weekend. I would like him to play that role but he seems to struggle in it / be else effective than he is at half back. We are desperate for an elite winger, would be great to see someone play that role and lace out our key forwards. Would be great if Hinge / Dawson could alternate depending on what the game needed but we need more depth to our mid before we can contemplate that

I'ld have Nankervis on the wing and Hinge half back

Got a theory on Ports appeal process. If Houston gets 6+ weeks, they probably will not appeal, as they know he is gone for next year and getting the ban down to 5 wont matter to them as it will make him still ineligible for the GF should they get there. (assuming they lose a final and it wont be their problem for next year/. If its 4 weeks, they will 100% appeal.
Their coach has already said that they will accept any penalty handed down. I don't know whether he speaks for the club.

Will only need 30 minutes to clean out his locker anyway.

Three game suspension means he will never play for Port again.
Hmmmm if they win 2 finals, they play in a GF. He will play for Port in the GF should they get there if its 3 games.

It's completely irrelevant what precise implement caused the medical definition of unconcious. The evidence is that contact with the shoulder and head caused a severe injury resulting in a sickening scene of a badly injured player writhing uncontrollably on the ground. Therefore, the result of the high deliberate shoulder charge is clear.

As an example and question... If I stabbed someone, could I put forward a defence of "he died from blood loss, not my action"?

Houston is fully culpable. There is no defending his action. He'll plead guilty and hope the tribunal is kind to him.

6-8 weeks IMO.
I’m not arguing on your sentiments. More the definition of “intentional” and why everyone’s scratching their heads on the penalties with pretty much every case. I’m not arguing Houston doesn’t deserve weeks, this is a definite given.

Essentially, “intentional” is an arbitrary word. There is not an absolute black and white meaning behind it and the tribunal judges it in an obvious subjective and likely bias manner.

So we are now supposed to believe that an 8-foot mascot was assaulted in front of 50,000 people and no one filmed it. I've also heard Tim Ginnever mention Mark Bickley 3 times now. Obviously, this shitty club is circling the wagons and in full damage control.

Seriously, the incident from the 2002 Showdown? 22 years ago.

Different rules applied then and he was suspended for 5 matches (would probably be 8 nowadays).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So allegedly a child hit the Port mascot and gave them a bloody nose...Assuming this is true, how poor are Port that their mascot head doesn't have any padding? Can't afford a bit of foam?
Bloody tough kid....

Surely a couple of inches of foam there.

Unless it is Tim Ginevar. Screenshot_20240819_190406_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

So we are now supposed to believe that an 8-foot mascot was assaulted in front of 50,000 people and no one filmed it. I've also heard Tim Ginnever mention Mark Bickley 3 times now. Obviously, this shitty club is circling the wagons and in full damage control.
Bickley's was an accident. :$

Riccuito fan boying Port Adelaide all night and getting paid to do so when he is a board member of our club. It’s just a plaything for him, putting his buddies Burton and Reid in two crucial roles and breaking our club is disgusting.
My view is that any kind of official club position, particularly Board Member, is just totally inappropriate for a footy media job. Commenting on Crows games …..give me a break! AFC are just watered down by years of unending lack of solid positive tough football club image. We lurch from aimless crisis to crisis on a sea of mediocrity.

Not sure if already posted, but:

Laird sucks

Sam Mitchell just got asked about it in FoxFooty

He had no problem with it, thought that it adds to the theatre of the game and likes the fresh vibe young players are bringing to the competition.

He's the anti-Crow

I thought Hinge was really poor. Not sure if the intensity of the game got to him but he was no good when he had the ball and Burgoyne got the better off him.
He is a best 22 player but at 26, I don't think he is the player many hope he will be.
This mad me think about Hinge of course, but other borderline-very-good players with the potential to be elite.
I like Hinge; he can footy. He has awareness, composure, good skills, doesn't shirk a contest and that beautiful left foot.
Why is he good, but not elite?
That question applies also to Keays, Murray, Thilthorpe and maybe a few others too.
Why are they good, but not elite?

I think it's on Nicks. I just don't think he is the type of Coach to get the best out of players with massive potential.
Imagine what Blighty would have done with this group. I think even Craig and Pyke would have them playing better and winning more often than Nicks.

Bloody tough kid....

Unless it is Tim Ginevar.View attachment 2084956
Im calling absolute bs.

Youre telling me a kid was able to punch the mascot through that foam and inflict a blood nose?

Im not even sure an adult that knows how to box, could deliver a blow like that.

Sam Mitchell just got asked about it in FoxFooty

He had no problem with it, thought that it adds to the theatre of the game and likes the fresh vibe young players are bringing to the competition.

He's the anti-Crow
No surprise, a lot of Hawks players have flair, both in their style of play and in personality

And they’re flying. We should take note, but we won’t

Bloody tough kid....

Unless it is Tim Ginevar.View attachment 2084956
I remember when Dean Brogan snotted that kid.

Now a kid snotted Dean Brogan.

The Lion King Film GIF by hoppip

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back