Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

It's crazy to me how many clubs don't realize the problem is with those making all the decisions - not the coach. Essendon, St Kilda, North, it's just the same nonsense over and over again. How many reviews can you conduct before you realize that it's management and those who are tasked with managing the club as a whole, that are the ones to blame?

The fish rots from the head down. Look at what happened to Carlton once they realized that and actually brought in someone like Cook to turn the ship around. Stop getting ex bankers or outside people with glorified resumes and actually hire people that have good business and CULTURE sense, rather than just a focus on targets, goals and profit...without any clear plan to achieve them.

It's become a joke now how often this is happening and how many 'reviews' are being conducted. I can only wonder how the players at these clubs feel, without any sense of stability or competent management. Supporters are probably at their wits end too. I'm sure we'll probably be saying the same about Brad Scott in another 2 years.

Seriously embarrassing.

Very true,

It's like clubs now think if they do a review it will mean premiership success. Utter garbage, a review has to have purpose, a vision with everyone getting on board and sticking to the plan. Clubs are saying "review" just to try and keep members happy & that it looks like they are doing something about it.

Brett Rattan is a shizen coach.

He was hired by 2 shizen administrations. And was sacked by 2 shizen administrations.

But as a coach, he is the equivalent of Matthew Lloyd as a commentator. No foresight. No depth. Just coaching for the now week to week. He is bargain basement suburban level.

Horrendously rushed re-signing by the Saints. With the truths exposed by a simple review. Lethlean must go too.

Irrelevant really when they put forward their time honoured 7c in the dollar scheme of arrangement.
Water off a ducks back for a club with no shame …
Pretty sure their creditors will either have guarantees from the AFL or some assurances that the AFL will bail them out if need be. ie effectively supporters of other clubs.

I'm not sure about the "Ratten is so unlucky" narrative, he would have clocked up 200 games this year without making any real impact as a coach... that a lot more than most other coaches get.

Was he unlucky because of the whole signing then sacking aspect? Because I see that as kind of arse backwards... he's done well there.

What a pathetic management at St Kilda. Extending the contract by 2 years, and then conducting a review which sees Ratten sacked. What will this cost the club, I wonder?

Is it true that Saints have 11m in debt?

Bassat from the report
"I am proud to report that with our accounts finalised for the 2021 Season, we cleared a record $4.3m from our club debt, reducing our overall debt to $9.56m. We are also forecasting a further substantial reduction in 2022, as part of a concerted effort to rid our club of historical debt and rebuild balance sheet strength."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You never would’ve guessed this club has won one flag and 27 spoons in 150 years
Because we sacked a coach that hadn’t done anything in 4 years and went from 8-3 to missing finals this year?

Bloody hell you’d think Ratten is a triple premiership coach the way people are carrying on in this thread. He coached what, 8 years with 2 different clubs and had a finals record of 2-4? But now the narrative is that it was because both lists were no good? Give me a break. He’s just not an elite coach.

Should we have re-signed him? No, which is exactly what Bassat and Lethers said in the presser today. They made a mistake, they’re rectifying it.

Think it’s a good decision by the club, they’ve obviously got someone lined up so hopefully they can improve the list.

Should we have re-signed him? No, which is exactly what Bassat and Lethers said in the presser today. They made a mistake, they’re rectifying it.
To be fair when they re-signed him we were 8-3 it's only a mistake in hindsight as any other club would have done the same at that point.

To be fair when they re-signed him we were 8-3 it's only a mistake in hindsight as any other club would have done the same at that point.
And yet they’re going to keep THEIR jobs. Drop half a million in the bin…oh well…no biggie.

the board should be sacking the CEO

We had an easy start to the season and were overachieving. I'd say most neutrals saw our fixture and would have thought we'd end up just about where we ended up. The club probably misread this, and thought we were in a better spot than we actually were, hence the decision to extend. The review should have been done in July really, with the decision around extending or sacking Ratten being one of the outcomes of a review then.

we only sacked a coach, not a whole footy dept nor did our recruiters resign en-mass mid-season, we have a ways to go before we get to North level

Lol, you must be about 10 years old and missed the school girl, the Aint in the bushes, the countless wooden spoons, no flags and just being the league basket case for your entire miserable existence. This is just the latest instalment in what is a comedy for non aint fans and a tragic tail for aints supporters that knows no end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten To Be Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back