Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the sudden stern defence of anything umpires here?
How exactly did this come about where discussing the game in total, comes secondary to defending umpires at any cost?
When exactly did this 'movement' take control?

It's boring listening to people whining about umpires but doubly so people defending them as though they were their relatives.
Because no one deserves to be yelled at, insulted and ridiculed for doing their job as best they can given the parameters of their working environment. It’s ok to question and comment. Not ok to insult and ridicule. Calling an umpire a cheat is tantamount to slander and therefore subject to legal considerations nothing else. I’m ok to be questioned in my professional role, not Ok to be insulted and ridiculed. I know that attacking umpires feels like a tradition of the game but, so is a drop kick and bouncing when tackled and they are not a part of the game anymore.

I know E Curnow found a lot of it and it was wet weather footy. But he went at 36% with 6 turnovers. Watching the replay he kicks and hopes so often. With some outside run hopefully this isn't required. Between him and Murphy (48% DE) they had 11 turnovers. Not to mention Murph doesn't have the at the coalface excuse.

From senior players that is atrocious.

I know E Curnow found a lot of it and it was wet weather footy. But he went at 36% with 6 turnovers. Watching the replay he kicks and hopes so often. With some outside run hopefully this isn't required. Between him and Murphy (48% DE) they had 11 turnovers. Not to mention Murph doesn't have the at the coalface excuse.

From senior players that is atrocious.

Don't worry about DE in those conditions it means very little

It's more about tackles, PA's, hunting the ball

Ultimately it's about territory

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Back