Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little early but we got nothing else going on.

Will be a very big game for us after out Bye.
Will the rest be good or will the cobwebs still be on us at 1/2 time?!?
Surely given a few blokes limping into the bye the rest will have been helpful.

We also get a few back.
PFD for one.
Jezza with a breather won't have hurt. Same for Stewy. Conway and Hawkins with the rest will clearly be better for it.
Guthrie should be close.

Miers, Bruhn, Atkins, Clark, Blitz all too looked a bit ragged before the bye and the rest can't hurt them.

Even Scotty has had a week to grow the beard.

Problem is, so has the Blues.

And they'll be wanting to flex pretty hard and start their run home to finals.

Will be a big crowd im sure but hard for Cats fans to get there on time - at least its a Friday not a Thursday.

Maybe a surprise on this week? Maybe a VFL regular gets a look in?

Who knows...

GO Catters

Little early but we got nothing else going on.

Will be a very big game for us after out Bye.
Will the rest be good or will the cobwebs still be on us at 1/2 time?!?
Surely given a few blokes limping into the bye the rest will have been helpful.

We also get a few back.
PFD for one.
Jezza with a breather won't have hurt. Same for Stewy. Conway and Hawkins with the rest will clearly be better for it.
Guthrie should be close.

Miers, Bruhn, Atkins, Clark, Blitz all too looked a bit ragged before the bye and the rest can't hurt them.

Even Scotty has had a week to grow the beard.

Problem is, so has the Blues.

And they'll be wanting to flex pretty hard and start their run home to finals.

Will be a big crowd im sure but hard for Cats fans to get there on time - at least its a Friday not a Thursday.

Maybe a surprise on this week? Maybe a VFL regular gets a look in?

Who knows...

GO Catters

PFD back will certainly help, and may just lift the others around him a little.

A guy who spoke to MD last week at Launceston airport (with Jezza & ?) told me that Mitch said the boys were sweating on Patrick's return.......

But a team can't rely on just one man.

And I'm convinced that he who.wanders IS lost. For mine, it is poor coaching that continues to allow Jezza to roam as he does, and is attributable to his poor form.

Put him back in the F50 where he belongs, and funnily enough, kicks goals.

Hopefully Danger, O.Henry, Conway back.
Stanley and Neale should be out. One of Rohan, Clark or Tuohy out.
C.Guthrie needs to come back via the VFL. Ideally for more than 1 week.

For mine, it is poor coaching that continues to allow Jezza to roam as he does, and is attributable to his poor form.
The most obvious culprit is the massive double-whack to the scone that he got with a resulting concussion, and the way that this coincided with a drop in form, just like it did when he got concussed last year...

The guy was playing a free-roaming role earlier in the year, managed a lazy 17 touches and 5 goals against Carlton, and was being discussed as the best player in the AFL. It's not the role, it's just the form.

In Danger Conway OHenry mannagh (sub)
Out: Stanley Neale Rohan Tuohy

I worry tdk will gas conway around the ground but we have to back him in stanley is finished.
Danger has to come back and tuohy must go out.
Henry is an easy in over rohan.
Id put mannagh in because hes the ideal impact sub but i dont know if they will after no vfl games recently.

Id be very tempted to drop mullin or oconnor for humphries as well just unsure if this is the right game to debut him in.

You wouldn't be dropping Mullin or O'Connor after their last game. Mullin got taken apart late by Papley, but his first quarter was as good a quarter of footy I've seen a Cat play this year and I back him to play like that for longer stretches with more experience at the top level. As for Shark, he was clunking contested marks on the wing, finally using his height to advantage like I've been hoping he'd do for years. Moar plz.

You wouldn't be dropping Mullin or O'Connor after their last game. Mullin got taken apart late by Papley, but his first quarter was as good a quarter of footy I've seen a Cat play this year and I back him
This has to be some kind of piss take.
He was ok and then got destroyed. Best quarter a cat has played this year?
Come on….

Id be very tempted to drop mullin or oconnor for humphries as well just unsure if this is the right game to debut him in.
As would I, but let’s face it - there’s no chance in hell Mullin is dropped from the team.
He’s shown glimpses but people carry on like he’s something amazing.
I remember when Tuohy compared him to Nick Daicos…..

The most obvious culprit is the massive double-whack to the scone that he got with a resulting concussion, and the way that this coincided with a drop in form, just like it did when he got concussed last year...

The guy was playing a free-roaming role earlier in the year, managed a lazy 17 touches and 5 goals against Carlton, and was being discussed as the best player in the AFL. It's not the role, it's just the form.

Don't disagree, but I think the form needs him to return to the basics in the F50 for the time being.

As would I, but let’s face it - there’s no chance in hell Mullin is dropped from the team.
To be fair, Tuohy said he was the equivalent of someone like Nick Daicos in Gaelic Football terms. Nobody would expect an immediate translation - and I agree he's got a fair way to go - but he's progressing well so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they wont same as they wont drop duncan. I was just suggesting what i would do if it was me.

Becomes a must win now
If Conway isn't fit play Blicavs 1st Ruck
Time to switch back on
How long can we keep flogging Blicavs because others can't or won't stand up and still expect him to perform week in week out, if anything in an ideal world we'd be looking at reducing his work load.But what choice have we? diabolical list management in the ruck department has cost us this season and will continue to do so.

Could be the 2nd of 5 straight losses. Blues and dons at the G we would be underdogs. Hawks playing very well would be favourites to knock us off on our home turf and woods at 50% would beat us at the G……
Then again we are a chance in all 4 ….. at 8-5 we need to be looking to get 3-1 from next four and 2-2 at worse.

Agree, and if Conway is fit Blitz goes to defence, his not the same player to be a midfielder anymore

Blitz is too slow to play defence now. But i would still play him as mid/r2 because conway needs help, stanley is finished and i dont think neale is best 22 atm.

Could be the 2nd of 5 straight losses. Blues and dons at the G we would be underdogs. Hawks playing very well would be favourites to knock us off on our home turf and woods at 50% would beat us at the G……
Then again we are a chance in all 4 ….. at 8-5 we need to be looking to get 3-1 from next four and 2-2 at worse.

Have you seen collingwood atm?

Im not expecting us to beat carlton, essendon and hawthorn we should. Coll is a 50/50 but they have a lot of holes. If we find our form we should go 3-1.

Blitz is too slow to play defence now. But i would still play him as mid/r2 because conway needs help, stanley is finished and i dont think neale is best 22 atm.
If his to slow for defence, he will have no hope as a midfielder than...
Yes we need help for a 2nd ruck 100%. But Blitz pace is not a midfielder anymore, he would be more suited as a key defender playing on McKay. As 90% key defenders don't have pace..

Chris Scott will be desperate to get back onto the winning streak
Selection will favour experience over youth for the next 4 games
Bye will help refresh the team mentally and trigger return to form.
Expect the Cats to approach the Blues in Hunter mode mindset.
Cats have shown they can lift and play well when chasing a win.
Q1 v Swans was great while Stanley was winning the ruck
Danger back, will help team at stoppages and return of confidence.
Other mid's will match up an easier one step down opponent.
Cats will be hungry and dangerous, won't go down without a fight.

edit : spelling do/go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back