Rd 15 Team v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, happy with the changes.

Swift, regardless of being sore or not, just has not got it right yet. Definitely over hyped on here.
Jones for experience.

Stevens to come in for the wet conditions. But who to go out? If it was Lynch we only have two lead up forwards left. Cox can play down there, or Nat, roaming the lose ball.

That settles it.

Lynch out (cant kick a goal anyway), Stevens in. Lets run them off their feet!

Think the inclusion of Bones makes us too tall. Would have kept McKinley in for him, but toherwise can't complain. Swift was swapped for Stevenson, will be interesting to see how he goes in WAFL. Glad McGinnity was dropped, needs some time in the WAFL to refocus on disposal.

Good team, hams back in im happy with hopefully they persist with him at hf and he can get his radar aligned. hams and strike look like likely types at hf and mabye in a fp.

Brown down back is awesome its where he should be, I have a feeling he might interchange at chf with kennedy still. He doesnt seem like a ff's arse hole atm though.

Smith, Stevenson and jones add kicking ability, pace and experience down back and more importantly allow sheppard and waters to run through the midfield. both shep and waters are much better free wheeling than having to play on someone, this really strengthens the midfield.

Overall i think our backline has been strengthened, our midfield is more flexible and our forward line pressure has slightly improved. goal kicking power might be down though unless hams can bury a few.

BY THE WAY SWIFT IS INJURED

Swift only had around 60% game time last week, whatever illness he had obviously screwed around with him a bit, hence being dropped again. Unfortunately we are in the position of just about needing guys like Swift who, along with Masten, seem to be the only ones who can provide genuine creative clearance work. It's been proven that a midfield of Priddis, Ebert and Scooter simply doesn't work and replacing Swift, Maginnity and Dalziell with no midfielders smacks of round 10 versus Richmond when we replaced Swifty and Selwood with Jones and Nicoski. I smell a loss.

There are at least three players in that team who can legally drink in America.

Not young enough for me.

I don't promote youth for the sake of it. It's not a black and white issue as it's been made out to be on here.

If the seniors are shit, they shouldn't remain in the side for the sake of their experience. That would throw the getting games based on merit principle right out the window.

There seems to be 3 differing sets of rules at the Eagles, dependent upon age, form and whether one is Woosha's pet.

1. If you're young, whether in form or not, you may be playing WAFL regardless.

2. If you're a senior, you get preferential selection over a youngster regardless of form.

3. If you're Woosha's pet or have compromising photo's of the coach, you have nothing to worry about come selection time, you're an automatic inclusion, as well as guaranteed a coaching career at the club post retirement from playing.

Really pissed off with these team selections. Shuffling the deck of cards again. Some of the ins I am happy with - Stevenson, Smith, and Brown at CHB (hope he plays there). But the key point is there doesn't appear to be any plan, or development - Swift in, Swift out, Swift in, Swift out - are they trying to develop him as a key part of the midfield or not? Many other players are in the same boat as well - in, out, in, out. When we won a few games in the false dawn at the end of last year Houlihan's speed and running was a key component but he can't get a game now even after several solid weeks of WAFL. If you're talking about poor form last week then nearly every player was woeful and outclassed with a handful of exceptions - Sheppard, Lecras, Naitanui. I really would like to believe that Worsfold & Co know what they doing, have a plan, a vision of the team they are trying to develop but all the evidence points in the opposite direction. I don't know what they are doing, can't see it. If you are losing (like Richmond earlier in the year) but at least developing a game plan and players there is some hope, but I can't see any here. Going backwards if anything. As far as I can see "they" have made only one good decision in the last twelve months - picking Sheppard, a future gun, but he's looking like being pretty lonely. Another year of this will be a disaster. Starting from ground zero again in 2012. Maybe clean nosed players off field, but a hopeless football team.

People have been crying out for Stevenson, Sheppard, Masten etc to get a decent run in the midfield. Now's their chance.
Hmmm. A decent run would be 5-6 weeks and include Swift or Stevens in that mix. It would also be beneficial if they didn't have to work around crabs and make up for their deficiencies whilst trying to make their own impact.

Now that we're on an 'avoid the spoon crusade' it looks like we'll be waiting for next season before anything changes.

Im all for the young players getting picked but woosha see's this a winnable game so hes bringing in some experience..

But Lynch still in surprises me...

Owell we will lose this game and then theyll blood the young kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omitting our third best goalkicker is a dumb move. McKinley has 16 behind Kennedy (36) and LeCras (34). Next best is Cox (9) then Lynch (7). None of them are midfielders which is pathetic. Evert has 6 goals, Selwood and Shuey has 4. Midfielders should be averaging just under a goal a game and our lot are in another time zone. Who the hell is going to bob up and kick the goals for us this weekend. We can't keep relying on Kennedy and LeCras every week.

Omitting our third best goalkicker is a dumb move. McKinley has 16 behind Kennedy (36) and LeCras (34). Next best is Cox (9) then Lynch (7). None of them are midfielders which is pathetic. Evert has 6 goals, Selwood and Shuey has 4. Midfielders should be averaging just under a goal a game and our lot are in another time zone. Who the hell is going to bob up and kick the goals for us this weekend. We can't keep relying on Kennedy and LeCras every week.

Embley and Priddis will kick 4 each this weekend.

Why elevate and name Wilson if you're not going to play him?

Kennedy only kicked goals at training and didn't join in, named at FF Lynch at CHF and Brown at CHB?

Actually thats my prefered spots for all three.

This weeks "Rookie Forward Line"

Hams Wilson Strijk

At least two of them are smalls.:thumbsu:

Houlihan selected to play for the sharks. Thought he would have to have been injured.
Traditionally Adelaide are the runniest side of all the run the sides but you say its going to rain over there.
Goodluck to Smith

Houlihan selected to play for the sharks. Thought he would have to have been injured.
Traditionally Adelaide are the runniest side of all the run the sides but you say its going to rain over there.
Goodluck to Smith

:pCaromello centered?

Or like gravy?

I tell you the other night I had a tad too much chilli beef jerky and first thing the next morning I had to run to the dunny and ..................... jeeeeeeeeeeez:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 15 Team v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back