Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And for the love of God can someone teach Casboult how to kick a footy!!!!!

His kicking has improved greatly, I dont remember any horrid misses recently besides the one tonight, but Henderson missed an easier one as well

Casbolt and Menz are the finds of the year for us

Yarren and Gibbs are the improvements of the year

Positives: hendo showed some form, Yarran was sublime.

Lowlights: we can not kick clutch goals. Murphy's effort was woeful. Casboult and Hendo soon afterwards very poor. And I never for a minute thought they would kick them because that's what we do.

Sidebottoms red time goal was equal low moment for me, along with Eds turnover at the death. But he felt even worse than i did poor bugger.

Murphy was scragged all game by a guy who never even looked sideways at the ball. I hate that kind of tagger. Murph battled hard and i thought did show grit.

I miss the days when umpires paid free kicks. Two blatant pushes in the back cost us two goals. Umps right there too.

Maclean is gone. He is a better player than he is showing but that is no excuse. Army should go right to the back of the line of depth players now too.

All in all we are a shambles.

Nail on the head there with the bolded.

Murphys and Hendos really killed us. Both of those misses the Pies went coast to coast to kick a goal. So instead of us having 2 goals on the board, the pies do. That is a 4 goal turn around.

I dare say if we had of kicked those we would have won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sooner the kernahan-swann-hughes era ends the better

let the changes begin!
piss off... Kernahan and Swann had nothing to do with some of the players we have running around out there... you would have a lot more positive responses if you had said the sooner the Ratten-Hughes era is washed away the better.

4) I love Murphy but the captaincy has to be taken off of him and given to Gibbs. Murphy is not a leader, he is a great player but not a leader. Today he had an ordinary game because he was heavily tagged, but the thing that makes a captain is the ability to take any chance that comes his way and show the team the way it should be done. That shot he had in the 3rd quarter needed a captains goal and it wasn't that hard a shot to have. He couldn't even make the distance at a time when it was incumbent upon him as captain to lead the way.

Disagree entirely !!

Murphy should stay captain for the length of his career, there is nothing to be gained from standing him down now.

Seeing as the club has signed Gibbs up for 5-years, elevate him to the vice-captaincy role.

Two of our No. 1 draft picks are our two main on-field leaders, its a good thing for the supporters and the club overall.

My view is we need to keep on losing so the Board and coach wake up to the fact we're not good enough! If we continue to get close but no cigar the 'going in right direction' rhetoric will also continue. Five losses in a row should be a wake up call but why do I suspect it won't be.

Pretty sure the board and coach know we're not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back