Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The board... do you think that Sticks and Swann just called those two guys up and said "hey there... come and work for us as coach and head recruiter"

Well on recent evidence it wouldn't surprise !!

Besides... wasnt Hughes signed before Sticks was made president and Swann appointed as CEO?

If kernahan and swann didn't appoint hughes/ratten they definitely extended them !!

Well on recent evidence it wouldn't surprise !!
The board... do you think that Sticks and Swann just called those two guys up and said "hey there... come and work for us as coach and head recruiter"

Besides... wasnt Hughes signed before Sticks was made president and Swann appointed as CEO?

And just quietly, Kade Simpson's last month of football has been very very poor. Defensively (and offensively) awful... he is gambling too much on getting ahead of the contest, hoping that we win the 50/50 ball.

Lucky he has credits in the bank.

Ps collingwood supporters are in a league of their own when it comes to intimidating young carlton women walking alone through the city. Pigs.
Sorry to hear that MEB, though unfortunately i'm not surprised. Dogs.

Like this post a lot. Will take it up with me now as my bed time story. Thanks Sheik, I will sleep well now.

Would you mind if I added "and they lived happily ever after" at the end?

Throughout the Game thread, there was plenty of teeth-grinding, kicking of the cat, head-butting of brick walls, all in despair at the quality of our list and the obvious passengers we are carrying right now.

Now we have to accept that our list isn't great, I'm sure most would concede that point. However, there really is the makings of something decent there with the young guys coming through.

Even though Menzel had a quiet night & Docherty rushed his disposals, they are going to be good players for us over the long-term. Throw in Buckley, young Johnson who wasn't fazed by the big occasion tonight and it is starting to take some shape.

We also have that next rung up of older players like Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Yarran, Everitt, & Curnow to work with the aging players of Simpson, Walker, Judd & Thomas and we are not far off the mark.

Frustrating & infuriating but I'm not worried about that, I'm more focussed on the young kids in the team, they are the future and they are the ones to get everyone excited in anticipation bout what the future may hold.

Really hope that Johnson keeps his spot for the rest of the season and Nick Graham gets selected next week too.

Looking forward to seeing some of the older guys changed over for some new young up & comers, we will be good to go big-time !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like this post a lot. Will take it up with me now as my bed time story. Thanks Sheik, I will sleep well now.

Would you mind if I added "and they lived happily ever after" at the end?

Do with it as you wish, just trying to take some positives out of a very dreary season.

Gotta be looking at the new kids, they are where the thrills will be coming from soon enough.

Do with it as you wish, just trying to take some positives out of a very dreary season.

Gotta be looking at the new kids, they are where the thrills will be coming from soon enough.
I was not being facetious. I really do like it. I think there is a lot to be positive about too. Peace be with you.

By the way, Sheik Yerbouti was my favourite Zappa record.o:thumbsu:

Usual shit effort.

This unfortunately is the most disinterested I have been in football for many many years.

Whenever I think there is some small light at the end of the tunnel, it is a freight train coming the other way.

Really really hope we can turn things around.
And it's always loaded with blue cheese.

Finally get t watch the game pies 2nd goal pendlebury has ball CFC players 2m away pie boots the goal
I am not sure contested ball or hard ball gets exist

A quick scan of the stats suggests they beat us everywhere except for hit outs. Dominated us in tackles too.

They just never looked rattled. I swear they've done it the past 2 years, gotten off to an early lead and then held us at arm's length for the rest of the game reasonably comfortably.

That surprises me to be honest. I thought we more than held our own around the ground, especially in defence. Although I didn't watch the first half.

Our composure going forward and our inability to slot the easiest of goals (Murphy, Casboult, Henderson in the last) was the difference.

Although it seems at times like the whole team cant be bothered running or putting in the effort, I think that's not our main issue.

I watch week in and week out as the opposition team seems to run harder than us, but I think that has more to do with their confidence that their team mates wont turn it over with simple kicks and expose them going the other way.

Look, I have seen it so many times, our players will run hard and spread and get space on their opponents, only for the guy delivering the ball to stuff up the easiest of kicks or handballs which in turn burns the player who has spread, making it seem as though he is not following his opponent.

After a while, players become afraid to run off their opponent because they know more times than not that an errant handball or kick will burn them.

Also, our reading of the play is abysmal, its like we never know where the ball will be kicked or handballed, whats worse is that we cannot even read where our own team mates will kick or handball. This is because too many times, our players just throw the ball on the boot without even looking.

Lastly, we constantly have 2 -4 players all go to the opposition player with the ball, which leaves the opportunity for that opposition play to handball over the top or sideways to his team mate who is on his own. I suspect we do this because of our abysmal tackling, meaning that we have no confidence that a player can make a one on one tackle successfully, so we try to throw as many bodies at the guy with the ball in hopes that more numbers can stop him in his tracks. Opposition teams love this because it means that they have free players to receive a handball or kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back