Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"Yesh, ordinary, but oh zat Yazz......!!!"

main-troll.jpg

Murph's miss in the 3rd and Hendo's miss in the last. Turning points.

Fifth loss in a row. Unsurprisingly losses don't hurt anymore. Just don't win the spoon - I beg you.

Fitter lists and maybe lists better by three to four players on the field has been the difference in a lot of games this year - lost by a few goals or less. We aren't as bad as some are making out and were never as good as some may have thought...

Experienced players like Ling and Riewoldt can see that Carlton can play good football and be competitive - the challenge is to play at the levels established against hawthorn/Geelong and even tonight - against opponents the side should beat - that delivers a finals appearance most years. Malthouse and Co will fix the list over time- fixing the culture to be a four quarter side is the challenge the side is grappling with - and I think getting on top of.

Yarran has been outstanding lately - tonight I watched him put his body on the line a few times to make a contest and show what a real hard ball get is - very happy with the way he has 'bought into' what is required. I thought Murphy was outstanding tonight - putting hsi body on teh line and geting hammered by Cloke and Goldsack early on - singling out moments of poor outcomes misses the point that Collingwood missed a few themselves...happens every game - Murphy missed a set shot and kicked a goal shortly after to make up for it..

I think it is extremely easy to see, our pressure and intent goes up a few levels when we score a goal or two. Suddenly after scoring a goal or two we are playing with more intent and getting numbers to the drop of the ball. That's why sometimes we can kick 4-5 goals in a row on even the best opposition.

The problem is that at some point some someone inevitably makes the worst of turn overs which gives the opposition an easy goal. Or someone misses the easiest of goals from 10-20m out and the ball travels up the other end for a 12 point turn around. Both these things are certainties to happen multiple times a game at crucial stage which then deflates the team and the pressure falls and intent falls away.

Its like an infectious disease, once someone misses the easiest of shots on goal and ruins our momentum, suddenly the whole team starts missing them.

We seriously need all new players or a complete overhaul of the assistant coaches that work on skills at training.

I think it is extremely easy to see, our pressure and intent goes up a few levels when we score a goal or two. Suddenly after scoring a goal or two we are playing with more intent and getting numbers to the drop of the ball. That's why sometimes we can kick 4-5 goals in a row on even the best opposition.

The problem is that at some point some someone inevitably makes the worst of turn overs which gives the opposition an easy goal. Or someone misses the easiest of goals from 10-20m out and the ball travels up the other end for a 12 point turn around. Both these things are certainties to happen multiple times a game at crucial stage which then deflates the team and the pressure falls and intent falls away.

Its like an infectious disease, once someone misses the easiest of shots on goal and ruins our momentum, suddenly the whole team starts missing them.

We seriously need all new players
or a complete overhaul of the assistant coaches that work on skills at training.
That just has to work. How come no-one else has thought of this? :thumbsu:

McLean - gone... fired from a ******* big gun if I had my way.
Armfield - needs to be playing every game. He is a work horse. I have no idea why he was subbed when McLean was stinking it up just as much? Was Mick basing his decision on the sub based on one incident?
Carrazzo - borderline. He did his job on Pendles reasonably well.
Simpson - Umm yeah...
Robbo - great attack on the ball... elite level attack on the ball... u9s level disposal once he has the ******* pill in his hands.

When are MC going to get it through their ******* thick skulls that we cant play McLean, Carrazzo, and Curnow in the same ******* side. It's like trying to play all 3 rucks in the one side.

One the plus side... Blaine has a ******* boot on the kid. Knowing us, we are going to **** up his career and we will delist him at the end of next year.

And all that good work that Casboult did over the course of the match... was undone by one kick. WTF!

I paid 10 ******* euros to watch that shit. I think that I might send a ******* invoice to the club for a refund.
regardless on our differences in opinion,

i can see you bleed blue,

you also put in a nice rant

I thought Murphy was outstanding tonight - putting hsi body on teh line and geting hammered by Cloke and Goldsack early on - singling out moments of poor outcomes misses the point that Collingwood missed a few themselves...happens every game - Murphy missed a set shot and kicked a goal shortly after to make up for it..

My comment was to highlight how easily you can change the momentum of the game. Hendo's miss in terms of difficulty was way worse, but both let Collingwood off the hook & they went down the other end and it was an 11 point turn around.

My comment wasn't to say Murph had a poor game. It was to highlight how in every game you can highlight a turning point. The game today is so much about how long you can maintain momentum. We don't do it as well as we need to. You can highlight the turning points in our come from behind wins as well. The Richmond final was both Vickery and Tuck both going in the ruck for a throw in and tapping it down Gibbs' throat. It was game over from then.

Menzel had a quiet night but I was watching him closely and at least 3 times we didnt honour his lead when it was clearly our best option inside 50.
I recall a specific moment, Menzel was all alone 30-40m out very open forward line and Robbo missed him completely i couldnt believe it was so obvious and Robbo had time, he ended up doing a little kick to the flank, nearly ripped my hair out, so frustrating.

This is where we lost it tonight and on many occassions we just miss so much opportunities due to lack of class and awareness.

We seriously need all new players or a complete overhaul of the assistant coaches that work on skills at training.
Side bottoms goal at the end of the 3rd was pound for pound ......

Menzel had a quiet night but I was watching him closely and at least 3 times we didnt honour his lead when it was clearly our best option inside 50.
I recall a specific moment, Menzel was all alone 30-40m out very open forward line and Robbo missed him completely i couldnt believe it was so obvious and Robbo had time, he ended up doing a little kick to the flank, nearly ripped my hair out, so frustrating.

This is where we lost it tonight and on many occassions we just miss so much opportunities due to lack of class and awareness.
I know that poster on friday was talking crap about Menz complaining to his mum in the rooms, but hearing stories like that doesn't help :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that poster on friday was talking crap about Menz complaining to his mum in the rooms, but hearing stories like that doesn't help :(
Yeah, could see the frustration on the Menz, had his arms in the air, could not believe Robbo missed him.
And he leads so hard up forward, hardly ever honoured, instead just bomb to the pocket.

Yeah, could see the frustration on the Menz, had his arms in the air, could not believe Robbo missed him.
And he leads so hard up forward, hardly ever honoured, instead just bomb to the pocket.
stop you're just making it worse :cry:

At least Robbo gets to a lot of contests and actually wins them...others don't get to any contests and don't win much ball and wait to receive - before they muck it all up. You can count Mclean and Carrazzo as the sides two biggest turnover merchants - Robbo does much more good than bad - the silly pretend punch was silly - especially at a chest puffer like Adams.

mclean in particular butchers far too many fast breaks - he has a habit of positioning himself off play and when we do win a contest and he is first receiver off a handball or a kick - he just almost stops - and all momentum gets sucked away with his slowness - wrong player to have playing as an outside runner - would rather a Lucas spud it up than a Mclean - Lucas can at least (sometimes) outrun his opposition and make a skill error at least to our advantage as far as yardage goes...

At least Robbo gets to a lot of contests and actually wins them...others don't get to any contests and don't win much ball and wait to receive - before they muck it all up. You can count Mclean and Carrazzo as the sides two biggest turnover merchants - Robbo does much more good than bad - the silly pretend punch was silly - especially at a chest puffer like Adams.

mclean in particular butchers far too many fast breaks - he has a habit of positioning himself off play and when we do win a contest and he is first receiver off a handball or a kick - he just almost stops - and all momentum gets sucked away with his slowness - wrong player to have playing as an outside runner - would rather a Lucas spud it up than a Mclean - Lucas can at least (sometimes) outrun his opposition and make a skill error at least to our advantage as far as yardage goes...
Agree.
Robbo impacts games, he has obvious deficiencies but still brings good qualities to the table every game.

Agree on McLean and Carrazzo, McLean especially im pretty sick of him and he has very little impact on the game. This is where we need the extra run and class we have a couple players who get the ball when we are attempting to go end to end on the fastbreak and they just slow down the process or have poor disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 15 v Collingwood Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back