Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why in discussions about captaincy, I have heard from several club workers, he is not the ideal choice. No need to elaborate, but ability as a player is clearly not the issue.
Previous post mentioned 4 of our first 7 wins occurred with Danger out there. That's 57%. It would be a stretch to draw any conclusions from that.

Previous post mentioned 4 of our first 7 wins occurred with Danger out there. That's 57%. It would be a stretch to draw any conclusions from that.

I'm taking a stab that Dubs post isn't about Dangerfield but rather another player who's name gets mentioned in captaincy discussions

Yep. But I like my meat tray better now for sure!

Out. Hawkins, 2E, Mullin
In. Neale, Knevitt, Conway

It could be that they still with SDK in ruck (makes no sense to me that they make such a big change and only for a week) in which case Conway would not play and maybe we get the debut we want
If Goldstein comes back SDK will be totally monstered by him and Draper.

Not prepared to confirm…I just don’t want to visualise CTTF excitement…
He's going to be the first man ever to take out a loan purely for Doritos if you go too early.

Probably don't tell CatToTheFuture & Willo_ while they're at work either, that's an HR complaint waiting to happen.

He's going to be the first man ever to take out a loan purely for Doritos if you go too early.

Probably don't tell CatToTheFuture & Willo_ while they're at work either, that's an HR complaint waiting to happen.
I didn't know exactly when i would need the liquidity but it turns out i have been paying ahead on my mortgage for 7 years specifically for this occasion.

With apologies to my children, it was worth it

Think some people here are going to be very happy…

OMG

Foster is debuting & taking over as our #1 KPF...

Or is Jeka replacing SDK in defence?

BTW, for those taking this seriously 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, but one player who seems to have somewhat escaped potential omittion this week is Rohan

No doubting the impact he had in the third quarter - 6 disposals, 1 goal, 2 score involvements & a tackle to go with 38 fantasy points (for those interested in those things)

Then in the fourth quarter it was donuts all round with not a single stat recorded in the last, and considering he ended up playing 54 minutes for the match, that's a fair bit of time on the ground in the last without hitting the stat sheet

Anyone who's seen me post over recent years knows I'm a fan of Rohan brings to the team, and when he's "on", there's not many better at bringing the pressure or presence he's capable of, but the fourth quarter isn't good enough - should he also be in the firing line for tomorrow night?

Following on from that, IF a few of our recent losses had instead been close wins, I think we'd all "accept" the playing of the number of veterans we have been

BUT as they haven't been wins, I'd rather we start to see changes with the number of veterans in the team - not meaning we just dump them all, rather do we favour Knevitt on the wing instead of Tuohy as an example. And as we've seen Tuohy have impact in games but necessarily across 4 quarters, does he shift to the sub role & come on when the heat is out so that he doesn't give up the chase in the last?

We've obviously lost Hawkins after last week, but if the only other changes are say Mullin out and say Clark, it'd be disappointing while keeping the likes of Rohan & Tuohy around - I'd like to only see at most, one of the latter two named in the 23 come tomorrow night, and be happy if it's neither

(just realised I left a word or two off the end of the last sentence)

It's funny, but one player who seems to have somewhat escaped potential omittion this week is Rohan

No doubting the impact he had in the third quarter - 6 disposals, 1 goal, 2 score involvements & a tackle to go with 38 fantasy points (for those interested in those things)

Then in the fourth quarter it was donuts all round with not a single stat recorded in the last, and considering he ended up playing 54 minutes for the match, that's a fair bit of time on the ground in the last without hitting the stat sheet

Anyone who's seen me post over recent years knows I'm a fan of Rohan brings to the team, and when he's "on", there's not many better at bringing the pressure or presence he's capable of, but the fourth quarter isn't good enough - should he also be in the firing line for tomorrow night?

Following on from that, IF a few of our recent losses had instead been close wins, I think we'd all "accept" the playing of the number of veterans we have been

BUT as they haven't been wins, I'd rather we start to see changes with the number of veterans in the team - not meaning we just dump them all, rather do we favour Knevitt on the wing instead of Tuohy as an example. And as we've seen Tuohy have impact in games but necessarily across 4 quarters, does he shift to the sub role & come on when the heat is out so that he doesn't give up the chase in the last?

We've obviously lost Hawkins after last week, but if the only other changes are say Mullin out and say Clark, it'd be disappointing while keeping the likes of Rohan & Tuohy around - I'd like to only see at most, one of the latter two named in the 23 come tomorrow night, and be happy if it's
It’s really a lucky dip with Rohan, he has that X-factor but when it’s not happening he’s horrendous.

I'm not a melter in general but that would be rather disappointing.

I don't think there'd necessarily be melts about that

Rather it would likely create a somber mood and questions of tanking will take over...

IS IT HAPPENING!!!!!

Football Lays GIF by Frito-Lay

Bring in someone, anyone, just do something. And while they're at it, play Danger one-out deep forward. Everyone else get the hell out. Give Dons something to think about. Sure, our midfield stinks, but what's the point of wasting Danger in there if there's no potency up forward. He'd kick 6 (or 5.1) and the boos would be huge.

Or maybe
Bring in someone, anyone, just do something. And while they're at it, play Danger one-out deep forward. Everyone else get the hell out. Give Dons something to think about. Sure, our midfield stinks, but what's the point of wasting Danger in there if there's no potency up forward. He'd kick 6 (or 5.1) and the boos would be huge.
Or probably 1.5!

What about reversing the point

“what’s the point of playing Dangerfield up forward if there’s not potency in the midfield”?

Funnily enough, our forward line isn’t lacking in talent or ability, biggiest issue lately has been lack of service from the midfield - playing Dangerfield up foward isn’t going to solve any issues

What about reversing the point

“what’s the point of playing Dangerfield up forward if there’s not potency in the midfield”?

Funnily enough, our forward line isn’t lacking in talent or ability, biggiest issue lately has been lack of service from the midfield - playing Dangerfield up foward isn’t going to solve any issues
Trouble is, the talent and and ability isn't being utilised by those who possess it. At least Danger is a competitive beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back