Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoppage clearances were 35-22, and we just shaded them 15-17 in centre clearances, but their clearances were a hell of a lot more damaging than what ours were.
I really wish there was a metric for the average amount of space in which the clearance reciever collects the ball.

Like use GPS to measure the metres distance at the point of possession. Could call it metres created.

I imagine a Paddy Cripps number from last week to be something like 4m each from his 14 clearances for 70m created. Holmes 7 clearances for 3m each and 21m created.

Brad been learning from brother Chris and has pulled our leg... Goldstein named.
SDK will get creamed.
I am honestly happy if they go with Draper Goldstein and 2m Peter. It will make them top heavy

None of those are in the league of TDK so it will be a bit of a fairer fight. SDK doesn’t have to win he just has to compete

I am honestly happy if they go with Draper Goldstein and 2m Peter. It will make them top heavy

None of those are in the league of TDK so it will be a bit of a fairer fight. SDK doesn’t have to win he just has to compete
Yeah, they were never losing the ruck battle so they basically just added dead weight

I feel like a kid on a candy store. Excited, overwhelmed, and my loved ones are scared I'm going to end up overstimulated
Enjoy every moment :hearteyecat:

You've waited so long.

I'm super excited + only saw Humphries for the first time a few weeks ago.

all-aboard-train.gif

So Brad is a tricky Scott too? Said Goldstein was going to be rested + now he's playing?

This has the potential to be another game where we lose at the selection table. Goldstein will monster us. No improvements to our midfield as expected.

Very happy for Humphries to be rewarded though.

I like the changes , both Mulin and O Henry were terrible last week , offered basically nothing

Some are criticising Chris Scott for starting SDK in the ruck last week , yes if Blicavs had started in the ruck , Geel might not have been immediately under the pump

However long term ( or hopefully from this game onwards ) it might prove to be brilliant coaching by Scott , in that SDK ( yes he had the bad facial injury ) but he has played very ordinary football for quite a while now , made quite alot of errors , dropped easy marks , lost concentration and lost his opponent in the process . However his brother was super aggro to him in the ruck contest , that was sustained aggressive football for quite a while , and it might just turn SDK form and career around

He could on SAT night go back to FB and play with purpose ( like he use to ) and thus Blicavs could handle the ruck duties
Ollie Henry clearly not right- out injured again. I think we can cut him some slack. When fit, he offers a lot and is a real nightmare for opposition. Small and medium forwards are always the victims of what goes on upfield- look at Bailey Fritsch at present. Different reasons, but Demons are not great and he is down.

This has the potential to be another game where we lose at the selection table. Goldstein will monster us. No improvements to our midfield as expected.

Would not be suprised if Goldstein late out. If not they will be too tall for the weather - so we will benefit from Essendon selection table!

Reckon we might see Stewart play more MF this week. If so the MC are making massive changes (in ruck and mid)…might not be the ones that BF want but can’t fault them for not trying to turn it around.

I am hoping it works!

Rohan can't play a full game. He'll be sub surely
I agree with you. But suspect the MC want to find out and he will play full game this week.

So far this year I think they have been disciplined and named the sub from the name interchange bench…. So if they keep this up it will be one of Bowes, Clark, Duncan, Knevitt or MOC.

I hope they don’t bring Knevitt in as sub and I reckon they might want MOC as a tag option?

For Bowes sake I hope he isn’t sub either as he needs to redeem himself.

I reckon it could be Duncan given age but not sure he is an impact player….

So by process of elimination (mostly by hope!) I get to Clark as sub…

Thinking about how to get Stewart going this weekend. I’d put him on Stringer. People forget Stew is an excellent 1-1 defender. If he keeps Stringer goalless that’d be a big win for the team. And TBH I don’t believe any other defender has the mix of strength and pace to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just here for the ruck melts

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Thinking about how to get Stewart going this weekend. I’d put him on Stringer. People forget Stew is an excellent 1-1 defender. If he keeps Stringer goalless that’d be a big win for the team. And TBH I don’t believe any other defender has the mix of strength and pace to get it done.
I reckon great idea. And take it one step further….I would also keep him on Stringer when he goes into the middle (about half the time?). I would like to see Stewart in the middle but with a real challenge to not only dim Stringer but to hurt him the other way

Wonder if he still has the hunger and physical capacity to play like no tomorrow. He has looked slower and flat, to an extent.

Ollie Henry clearly not right- out injured again. I think we can cut him some slack. When fit, he offers a lot and is a real nightmare for opposition. Small and medium forwards are always the victims of what goes on upfield- look at Bailey Fritsch at present. Different reasons, but Demons are not great and he is down.

No i cant agree with that

What O Henry needs is a powerhouse team for example Haw in the 80s , what was it , 7 GFs in a row , you had Brereton at CHF and Dunstall at FF , yes O Henry can be the 3rd tall , and he would be a handy player in a powerhouse team like that

But in an ordinary side which Geel have been the last 6-7 games , then O Henry struggles , especially 50-50 contests - and he is slow

Geel have got 2 young players to be excited about Holmes and Dempsey , they are both quick and good players - if they play their career at Geel they are 200 game players , they are the only 2 certainties at present of the young players who will very good players no question

Goldstein will monster us, and Draper will monster us. But they can't both monster us at the same time. I kind of feel like they're losing a rotation for little benefit

No mannagh is stupid but predictable given his trade papers are stamped.
Knevitt in is an improvement (he better not be sub) and hopefully he stays in for the year now.
Swapping mullin for humphries is overdue.

But what the hell is tuohy doing staying in when hes cooked?
Equally i dont agree with leaving conway in the vfl when the bombers are playing 2 rucks.

Oconnor and rohan can count themselves lucky.

Thought you were being melodramatic with the talk of Mannagh being traded but now I’m not so sure. Disappointing he can’t get a game in front of Tuohy who can’t run a game out these days.

I agree with you. But suspect the MC want to find out and he will play full game this week.

So far this year I think they have been disciplined and named the sub from the name interchange bench…. So if they keep this up it will be one of Bowes, Clark, Duncan, Knevitt or MOC.

I hope they don’t bring Knevitt in as sub and I reckon they might want MOC as a tag option?

For Bowes sake I hope he isn’t sub either as he needs to redeem himself.

I reckon it could be Duncan given age but not sure he is an impact player….

So by process of elimination (mostly by hope!) I get to Clark as sub…
I don't think you need to name Rohan to know that though, but I guess we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back