Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm actually neither, but I wouldn't call Gary Rohan Mr September personally

I do however identify the need for scoring power, particularly in the post Hawkins era where Neale isn't dominating.

Scoring power is the least of our concerns. We score enough. Which makes the extra little things Rohan brings to the team over Henry much more important

I’m also a fan over Henry btw and think he will be a very good player for us

I'm actually neither, but I wouldn't call Gary Rohan Mr September personally

I do however identify the need for scoring power, particularly in the post Hawkins era where Neale isn't dominating.
Neale isn't dominating and you want goals but Neale has kicked more goals on average than Henry.....

He also averages more marks, more disposals, more tackles, and also rucks part time

Likely team.

In: Bews
Out: Clark

Sub Tuohy. Henry into 22.

Mannagh to spend more time up in the middle.
Chris Scott certainly made a strong case today for Bews to play but stopped short of saying he was a definite. Knevitt was similar.

Only challenge I see is who would be the two outs. Clarke the most likely, and I suspect Duncan might get a "rest". Mannagh and Humphries stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott certainly made a strong case today for Bews to play but stopped short of saying he was a definite. Knevitt was similar.

Only challenge I see is who would be the two outs. Clarke the most likely, and I suspect Duncan might get a "rest". Mannagh and Humphries stay.
There's every chance you're right but it does amuse me that this has been said for about 80% of the games this season.

Check how often they actually are resting Duncan so far and you may be surprised. And that doesn't necessarily mean he is "due", given the bye wasn't that long ago.

Neale isn't dominating and you want goals but Neale has kicked more goals on average than Henry.....

He also averages more marks, more disposals, more tackles, and also rucks part time

O. Henry if im not mistaken has almost always played in teams featuring Hawkins and Cameron.

If Neale is in to replace Hawkins, why does that setup change?

There's every chance you're right but it does amuse me that this has been said for about 80% of the games this season.

Check how often they actually are resting Duncan so far and you may be surprised. And that doesn't necessarily mean he is "due", given the bye wasn't that long ago.
I know it's an unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't have Duncan in the side full stop. He's been better in recent weeks but I worry about him as the season wears on and we get to dry / fast grounds in finals. He's not the future so I think the club needs to be really careful how they manage the "now" versus also having an eye on the future. The more games we get into Humphries / O'Sullivan / Mullin the better placed we'll be next year and beyond. I don't think Duncan is as integral a part of the jigsaw as he once was. Handy to have but equally as dispensable.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't have Duncan in the side full stop. He's been better in recent weeks but I worry about him as the season wears on and we get to dry / fast grounds in finals. He's not the future so I think the club needs to be really careful how they manage the "now" versus also having an eye on the future. The more games we get into Humphries / O'Sullivan / Mullin the better placed we'll be next year and beyond. I don't think Duncan is as integral a part of the jigsaw as he once was. Handy to have but equally as dispensable.
I'd say it's actually a less popular opinion to have had Duncan best 22 all year on this board.

Scotty very non-commital about Knevitt coming back in. Mentioned Bews a couple of times, but I don't think he will come in either. Might go unchanged 23 tonight.
Bewsy has had a good career and I thank and applaud all he has done but I hope he isn't selected.

It wouldn't be the worst decision and I know he could do a job on some of the small forwards but it's a backwards decision after finally taking a few chances the past couple of weeks (dropping O'Connor for the likes of Humphries etc). He isn't banging down the door with form so let's move on.

His VFL form was poor to start the year and I'd say it's only crept up to okay. Noone deserves to come out of the team. He's an okay VFL player now, it won't hurt or hinder us if he is in the team but let's thank him and move on, don't go backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back