Game Day Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameday..

This is becoming the match of the round.

We are off 2 wins in a row. The Pies are where we were a few weeks ago. They are stung and looking to sting back with a long injury list.

But that condition makes them dangerous like Scotty said.

We need to win this and stay in touch with top 4 - and its clearly an 8 point game for us should we win.

Unchanged line up for us and after a 51 point win hard to push too many ins and outs.

Its their dung hill and their lot will be feral and loud. Unlikely to have too many Cats fans given the timeslot and travel to get there.

If we give them a sniff we'll be in Barney. They are smaller so will run fast to get ahead of the ball and open us up.

Must watch Daicos and not let him run amok. Jez is getting his F50 mojo back and on the larger space of the G his romaing ( not too far) can be helpful. With any luck they all follow Jez and leave Neale alone lol.

Its winnable for us but we will need to take our chances ( looking at you Scratcher) and beat them to the contest every time. Ruck should be even as they are hurting for talls... need the best we can from our under 30 games squad.

Everyone has broken down what the coaches are doing with Stewy and Mitch in the MF so they'll try and stop that now too. Maybe a hard tag whereever they go? Who knows.

And it the Pies so just ****ing win.

GO Catters

Looks like rain so that will suit us I reckon, we go ok in the wet.

Great balance the last couple of weeks reflected by no changes, unless of course Scotty does a Scotty last minute. NFI who it would be though.

Let's win this and cement ourselves near the top of the 2024 pile for good.
Was wondering about whether rain (which definitely has set in. And the COLD!) would help or hurt us?

You think it helps given our bigger bodies in the middle?

Do you think it increases the chance of a KPD out for bews?

Was wondering about whether rain (which definitely has set in. And the COLD!) would help or hurt us?

If bews was to play it would be as a swap for tuohy not kolo or henry.

If bews was to play it would be as a swap for tuohy not kolo or henry.
Maybe that makes more sense. I am not convinced it will happen unless we are really worried about Elliott or the speed of Hill, Shultz etc.

2E has been playing an important loose man role so I suspect they will keep him in given the importance of the game. And maybe rest him (or Duncan) week after?

We simply at this time of year are not a “no change” type team so got a feeling on Bews in

Other possibility with the weather is do we leave Neale out? Would be harsh on him as he needs continuity (and be able to play in the rain) but maybe Rohan and O Henry are enough to bring ball to ground given rain?

It doesn't look like there's much rain forecast so that's not a reason to change the lineup.

A few times players coming back from injury or management have been left out of the initial team then brought in as a late change. Tuohy in Darwin for example. I got the feeling he was always going to come in but we had a few with niggles and weren't certain who was going to miss so leaving Tuohy as emergency was the best option. Maybe that's the case with Knevitt today?

We've done pretty well in the rain the last couple of years. Bigger bodies, more experienced heads.

Wouldn't mind Bews in but not sure who he would replace though.

Darcy Moore has had big Hawks number the last few times. Will be interesting to see how Neale goes on him, hopefully he can use his athleticism to advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Moore has had big Hawks number the last few times. Will be interesting to see how Neale goes on him, hopefully he can use his athleticism to advantage

I've seen calls from Collingwood fans over an extended period for Moore to be dropped, and that some believe the only reason he's holding his spot is that he's captain

I haven't watched a lot of Collingwood games, but he doesn't seem that popular at the moment

I've seen calls from Collingwood fans over an extended period for Moore to be dropped, and that some believe the only reason he's holding his spot is that he's captain

I haven't watched a lot of Collingwood games, but he doesn't seem that popular at the moment
He’s not having a great season. Still an awesome player, it’s a bit like our fans wanting SDK or Henry dropped. He’ll find his form eventually, just not tonight

My hope is Moore goes to Neale, as that leaves Frampton on Jezza. Yes please!

If I was Collingwood, I would do the opposite.

Down the other end, for once Kolo and Henry don’t have to deal with 2m forwards. They will have Krueger and Ned Long/McInnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Moore will take the Neale match up and pay him zero respect

He’s not having a great season. Still an awesome player, it’s a bit like our fans wanting SDK or Henry dropped. He’ll find his form eventually, just not tonight

Yup, not having Murphy there with him has exposed Moore a little. Touch wood

Had this down as two of our definite losses a week ago but now we have to win again them while we can. Strange similarities to that game against them around this time last year with the roles reversed.

If the ball movement is quality and we get it into an open forward line Darcy moore can get lost at sea trying to be in 3 places at the one time.

He is exposed big time by quality movement and sets up with the expectation that the pressure up the field is going to force a high pressure kick inside fifty. If this doesn’t happen, he is lost and easily beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back