Preview Rd 19 Geel V Port Sat July 23 435pm (AEST) @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty hard not be optimistic. Almost like the stars are aligning. The Cats have been here many times in the past several years but I was never really convinced. It's a different feeling with this team. Tackling pressure, ball movement, players have stepped up. The bottom 3 or 4 in the 22 each week are no longer liabilities. The coaches and players should be congratulated.
Completely agree. We're a big chance. If we can knock over Port this week, we're in the box seat for a top 2 finish. Port wil be up and about and it's another good test for us, a test we will be well and truly up for. I think the more high intensity games we play, the better our preparation for what is to come.

Completely agree. We're a big chance. If we can knock over Port this week, we're in the box seat for a top 2 finish. Port wil be up and about and it's another good test for us, a test we will be well and truly up for. I think the more high intensity games we play, the better our preparation for what is to come.
All of our games, except maybe the WCE ones should be tests for us. Weight of expectation is a heavy toll to pay. All four teams (port dogs saints suns) are playing for 8th spot.

All of our games, except maybe the WCE ones should be tests for us. Weight of expectation is a heavy toll to pay. All four teams (port dogs saints suns) are playing for 8th spot.
Agreed but it depends on results before we get to them.

GCS for example have to beat Brisbane this week or they are done i would say if they lose that they will be 2 games and % out of the 8 so 3 games out most likely.

Port this week have to win or they are done as well so it will be a big test.

Saints and Dogs is to early to tell after this week we will have a better idea of if they will still be in with a shot.

As has been mentioned earlier, our draw from here till the end of the H&A is actually both handy and challenging. Yes, we are not playing absolute contenders. And we do have three games at the #cheatground. But every opponent for the next month is either still fighting to make the eight or has shown some real steel at different points in the season. And yet they all have deficiencies that something close to our best footy should be able to exploit.

So we'll close the H&A with a series of games that are neither a walk in the park nor a series of bruising encounters that will sap all of our strength before we hit the finals. Not that I've ever got time for them, anyway. But there will truly be no excuses by the time we hit the pointy end this season.

#apartfromtheprefinalsbyeofcourse
#herewegoagain
#greengoblinvibes
#patheticallypredictable
#ohthehumanity
#fireupcats

I enjoy these quotes from Scott today. Hyping us up while downplaying our chances at the same time is an impressive feat!

"If we improve, I believe that (we can go all the way)," Scott said ahead of Saturday's clash with the Power at Adelaide Oval.

"If we stay where we are, I don’t think that will be good enough.

"We would expect the best teams to all get better over the next couple of months. If we don’t at least keep up with that, we’re going to be in trouble."

It's pretty hard not be optimistic. Almost like the stars are aligning. The Cats have been here many times in the past several years but I was never really convinced. It's a different feeling with this team. Tackling pressure, ball movement, players have stepped up. The bottom 3 or 4 in the 22 each week are no longer liabilities. The coaches and players should be congratulated.

It’s for players to feel confident and upbeat, and for supporters to be pessimistic if they so choose. I like to hear confidence from the players not cockiness but just confidence. I’m liking Chris Scott’s current dour demeanour as well. I hated the ‘mission accomplished’ crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I enjoy these quotes from Scott today. Hyping us up while downplaying our chances at the same time is an impressive feat!
And that really nails it. At this point of some seasons gone by we were in the hunt but didn’t improve or went backwards. We need to improve from here, but so do all other contenders.

Just saw this picture of Sav from VFL game on the weekend. Still an exciting prospect if things start to click.

Attachments

• EFF34128-0847-4F24-9710-890C6BEAC49C.jpeg
    EFF34128-0847-4F24-9710-890C6BEAC49C.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 64
Agreed but it depends on results before we get to them.

GCS for example have to beat Brisbane this week or they are done i would say if they lose that they will be 2 games and % out of the 8 so 3 games out most likely.

Port this week have to win or they are done as well so it will be a big test.

Saints and Dogs is to early to tell after this week we will have a better idea of if they will still be in with a shot.

Agree with all that although those teams will stay in with a shot for 8th if richmond keep losing.

As you are aware, the top 12 is relevant. Any of the top 12 can make it. GC (12th) has 8 wins, and Tigers(8th) has 9 wins.
And our 2 of our 4 losses have been against teams outside the current top 8.
Clubs with their season on the line, yet containing obvious deficiencies, are actually solid preparation for finals.

Win this week and Geelong would likely put a line through Port's season.

St Kilda are a chance of winning their next two before Geelong play them, but beating them would seriously jeopardize their finals chances given that they finish with Brisbane and Sydney.

Bulldogs will be a big game if they turn up - they and Richmond are the ones who will realistically be battling for 8th.

Gold Coast's season will be done.

West Coast is self explanatory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We want to be playing our best footy at the pointy end of the season". Scott has uttered this nonsense in various forms many times over the years. First it's a cliche. Second, wanting is not doing. Third, look at what happens.

Narrator: the man was extremely angry about nothing in particular

Tuohy and now Henry are informing the world that the Cats can go to another level and be better in the finals. This is the sort of talk Scott used to go in for and probably still does.

And it's true we can and do go to another level in the finals, usually a lower one. Talk is cheap.

My point is the Cats should just focus on winning the next game; "going to another level' several weeks hence is at this stage wishful thinking. They may "have more improvement" in them - todays' Age - according to Henry; but it's far easier to utter the words than to do the deed.
Yes agree fully. Humility always in the lead up and go for broke when you have won. That is a won oh won IMO.

I know it won't happen, but if I was in charge, Rohan would not be playing finals. He can help us get there, but he shouldn't be playing. He's not played a good final. He won't magically start this season.
IIRC Cameron had a bit of a mare for much of the Melb game but killed it against the Blues. I see Rohan has been performing much better with the quicker ball movement. Suits his speed

type set GIF

IIRC Cameron had a bit of a mare for much of the Melb game but killed it against the Blues. I see Rohan has been performing much better with the quicker ball movement. Suits his speed
Yeah I would definitely not be writing Rohan off for finals off the back of previous years. Seems he's had a lot of one on one time with the physio and is in peak condition

I can see him playing a big part in September.

Never bought the rhetoric that he's no good in finals. He's played a few very good ones for a start. The main problem has been that he's struggled with sustaining form through a full season and is often been a bit banged up and not firing at the pointy end.

This year I think they've recognised that and have held him back in the first half of the year. I see him building and really cashing in when teams put all their focus on our other forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back