Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmm. Yes room for improvement.

But never mind ladder positions, I thought the crows came to play tonight and played well. Went into our shells a bit when they were coming back but had a strong last quarter.

I think that is a better win than it looks like.
100% agree
Teams that haven't lived up to preseason expectations can be very dangerous because every now and then they will play to those expectations and make life very difficult.
Adelaide played very well today but we were good enough to beat them

Someone else mentioned something similar in the match thread: that non-mark was a Colbert-esque umpiring turning point. FU umpires. It went from a comfortable lead to a scrap to the death in one fell swoop.
It was a bad call, but you've got to be mature enough as a team to not let that ruin the game for you.

We are too easy to score against. Has been the case for nearly two full seasons now. For most of the game Adelaide were scoring every second i50. It’s just not sustainable to defend that poorly.

Part of that is the midfield getting beaten so much but the defence also has obvious holes in personnel.

Someone else mentioned something similar in the match thread: that non-mark was a Colbert-esque umpiring turning point. FU umpires. It went from a comfortable lead to a scrap to the death in one fell swoop.

There was a nice shepherd by the umpire in the middle of the ground which allowed the Crows player more time and space to kick the ball into 50 too.

Hmmmm. Yes room for improvement.

But never mind ladder positions, I thought the crows came to play tonight and played well. Went into our shells a bit when they were coming back but had a strong last quarter.

I think that is a better win than it looks like.

Couldn’t agree more. After ther 1st 10 minutes, Crows played very, very well.
To come back from 10 points down with our season on the line was excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Bews was decent today. Took some good grabs.
Tuoy was very very average.
Miers needs to lift as well.
I'm sorry but Tuhoy has been a awesome player since coming from Carlton. But he is now finished, shouldn't be selected in our team.

Miers obviously unable to beat the close checking, but unlike Stewart, there's no other role to park him, apart from a forward pocket. This obviously defeats the purpose of his running and skill-set and gives a great advantage to the opposition. Feel for the fella, but it's gotta get sorted - it's a major hole in our gameplan.

That was an absolute howler. Combine that with our inability to win a HTB all day, and the Cows getting a bunch of really soft high tackle frees, and you just gotta wonder. Amazing that all the nongs on the match day thread in the main forum think Adeliade were hard done by.

1722679931775.png

+16 in I50.
+20 in clearances
+23 in CP

So, just how did we only win by 5pts?

Statistically we dominated the key areas, yet fell in by a kick. We're a bipolar side this year and once again I scratch my head as to how good we are. I guess going 6-7 since we won our first 7, with a percentage of only 108.9% provides the answer.

We found a way when it looked lost, but really it should never have got to that point, and that is the issue.
Pushing up too hard and letting too many Joe the gooses out the back. We took big risks and Crows took the opportunity

A team in rebuild, albeit clearly different to most, but definitely replenishing and we are sitting currently in second - tough to please. Are we gonna win the GF? Probably not, but you surely can’t be unhappy with this season - if so, I feel your expectations are coming from a rather spoilt delusional perspective.
Yeah ****en oath anyone not happy with that tonight is hard to please.

View attachment 2067597

No, we dominated the midfield.

When i talk about the midfield im not talking about centre clearances im talking about post clearance differential. Our MF doesnt seem to spread that well in transition (hence our defence is too open and has too much space) but CD dont release that stat to us (they do to the clubs).

Thought Bews was decent today. Took some good grabs.
Tuoy was very very average.
Miers needs to lift as well.
Played a classic defender role from the bits I saw. Saved us a couple of times by closing down his player. I would have him 9n the team over Tuohy ATM . With ball in hand Tuohy is increasing my blood pressure- not in a good way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back