Preview RD 21 Geelong V Crows Sat Aug 3 2024 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming hawkins is fit it comes down to hawkins or neale. As bad as hawkins has been the break may of refreshed him and helped him get over some of his niggling issues. In saying that neale is in prime position. A couple of solid games at his best and the spot is his. But if he struggles then we may have to look at hawkins again.
I'd think the general consensus of Neale is that he has given the forward line a lift. Whilst he is not perfect or tearing games apart yet, sadly Hawk has been tearing less apart.

Last edited:

Hmm i like the changes.

Glad Bews keeps his spot for at least one more week could be gone next week when Duncan comes back though.

Would play 2E or Atkins as the sub probably Atkins to ease him back in from injury.
We need Axe there from bounce 1. Rest him later if necessary.

The Crows will be up for this one.

Last edited:
Lol. Bews is important for the backline defence and some line breaking. And as for turnovers did you see touhy and duncan against the pies?

Bews, touhy and duncan are competing for two spots in defence. Although duncan can move up field if he doesnt make it in the defense slot.
Bews might butcher the ball on occasions but he has some real defender nous which often puts him in good closing positions that guys like Tuohy and Duncan may let slip.

Bews might butcher the ball on occasions but he has some real defender nous which often puts him in good closing positions that guys like Tuohy and Duncan may let slip.
In the same way we laud Rohan's performance against the pies in week 1 of 2022 finals, Bews should get some credit for that game too. Absolute defender mentality and grit in some of those key contests.

Ok, I'll take Duncan and Tuohy, then.

Cool. Far as playing in defense I'll take the one that's better at defending (Bews). We have enough rebound and intercepters. Kolo can't be our only straight stopper especially with our ruck/midfield situation the way it is.

Stengle is the last player I would worry about for effort. He is always up for a contest and usually wins one on ones. He also adds serious scoreboard pressure. He's having a great year, possibly All Australian.

What helps Stengle down the ground, is not being left one out with two giants in a marking contest, and some numskull has kicked to him. He looks unnecessarily under skilled in those contests because of his height.
Yet we see him around the ball as deadly. Horses for courses please.

Last edited:
After last year id be interested to know what the club considers a pass mark, is it just to make the finals or is it to go further? Considering the young guys we have played this year id think finals is more a realistic goal.
Win the first round final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming hawkins is fit it comes down to hawkins or neale. As bad as hawkins has been the break may of refreshed him and helped him get over some of his niggling issues. In saying that neale is in prime position. A couple of solid games at his best and the spot is his. But if he struggles then we may have to look at hawkins again.
We really need to hope he comes good in time to play a VFL game or two just to see exactly where his body is at. If his body has come up good he will monster it in the VFL, and then will do the same in the AFL.
If he struggles at VFL level he probably comes in for a farewell game but back in Neale for finals.

That said, because of how often Cameron goes up the field I would be inclined to put Hawkins at FF and tell him to sit in the square because he will take the oppositions best KPD, keep Neale in at CHF, let Jezza go wherever the **** he wants to, have Henry as sub.
If Neale struggles, Henry on for Neale. If Hawk struggles, Henry on for Hawkins.

You love to see it.

So proud of our Club- we were the first to give people with a disability or life threatening illness a go. Under Costa and Cook with their Community inclusion and education program which I once participated in. True leaders, men with heart.
Other Clubs then followed suit.

I dunno... I reckon I brought the sun with me! 😎
We both brought the 🌞

Stretched my hammy with a knee high dip at Barwon Heads + a stumble along the sand, today! Now enjoying a glass of Carmenere, then an early night to ensure ripping form on the wing tomorrow!

Go Cats! 😻

I think Carlton win all of their last four, and I think we lose to Freo in WA. I think the Dogs will also overtake us. We most likely finish 6th.

Yeah, I have us finishing 6th as well, which will probably mean we play Brisbane in the Grand Final.

After last year id be interested to know what the club considers a pass mark, is it just to make the finals or is it to go further? Considering the young guys we have played this year id think finals is more a realistic goal.
That everyone gets along and has a good time

We both brought the 🌞

Stretched my hammy with a knee high dip at Barwon Heads + a stumble along the sand, today! Now enjoying a glass of Carmenere, then an early night to ensure ripping form on the wing tomorrow!

Go Cats! 😻
Go Cats. Hope you have good time at the game tomorrow. I’m going with my Dad. I have a feeling we will win. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back