Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LORD OF THE ISLES after the game, to hopefully celebrate our Geelong win
🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

St Lord's is the new name

From everything I've read, it's now a bit meh

Mackie on KROCK

Stengle - MAckie got call and reacted to accrodingly. Proud to be GFC person bc of the way we workk thru the issues correctly. Health and wellbeing forst and foremost.

WE want to run environment to be autonomous for the players but also have the care and contstraints in place to make it work

AFL was liased with but its mostly a club issue at this point.

once Stengle got tick of approval to play, he was good to go. Once he was cleared medically fit - he was in

Stanley - gives us some flexibiltiy. Neale was good in ruck but we like him ahead of the ball. Frees BLitz up for some more running in the game. Stanely been decent in VFL so he's got a role to play for us.

Guthrie - Mackie really doesnt know. WE have to give weeks for AFL - but its not set in stone and its frustrating but its a fluid situation with him so theres a chance he might ply but we really dont know.

Regarding the players training and what they do....

High perf manager gets all the GPS numbers, the monthly load, injuries and the like, but the HP team get info and get autonomy to take control of what needs to be worked on and thats what they end up training on in a skills session but to the intensity of what is required or limited by the HP team.

Stewy would end up working with Kingy for notes on the MF clearance work - and then how to educate him to get the best results.

In tersm of list managemnt, the AFL have changed stuff - MAckie not full on board with it all yet but GFC likes flexibility. Like Mid season trading of players - longer contracts means its a bit of recalibration of cash.... so things are changing.
Mackie has meeting with AFL on Tuesday to go over it more.

90k members - very luck to have the fans we have. Luv all the elements including KROCK covering it.

Go Catters

What are people’s thoughts on Bowes?
Is he not as good as some here including me think he is?
Or is he got something hampering him?
Bowes is no superstar but has been in the coaches votes 3 times this year.

Atkins/Bruhn combined have made coaches votes twice.

If you told me one of Bowes, Atkins or Bruhn would have 24 touches + 2 goals... I know who I'd think it was.

He runs hot and cold but is still our most prolific midfielder (that isn't hard) when given the chance. When he hits 20 plus disposals we tend to win. Personally I don't understand our inclination to send him to the sub role.

Player management within a game?

Scary game in the sense if we don't turn up today we can be almost certain that we won't be a threat during finals, if we make it. Sounds melodramatic but it's how I'm feeling. It's a season defining game for me.

Unfortunately i agree with the essence of your post , 2 reasons why

The Crows this season it has been a total disaster ( all clubs have them at some point in their history ) should have made the 8 last year , only for a goal umpire error they would have , and thus looked very promising for this season , last week they officially hit rock bottom , dont think they scored a goal in the 2nd half , and then to top it off got in a fight with Haw . Very similiar to that Geel game years back when Sivagni got felled , Cats didnt kick a goal in the 2nd half , talk about bleak , couldnt do anything the following week because it was the last game of season , however if there had of been another game Geel i think would have showed plenty of spirit , and thats what i fear the Crows reaction might be today

And the other reason are the 4 Shockers ( still fresh in supporters memory ) that Geel this season have put in at KP , Port/GWS/Rich , absolute pathetic/non competitive 1sthalfs and also annihilated by the Bulldogs

1st 15-20 minutes of todays game will paint the picture , whether Geel supporters are going to be put through the wringer for another KP game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No late change. Bowes the sub.
Thought it was interesting that he was sitting in business class with the senior players (Danger, Blitz, Jez, I assume Stewart) on the way to Tassie. Maybe they have a rotation policy for that last seat lol. But to me suggests he is highly rated and this is a management thing.

We have to win today and win convincingly. Not necessarily a blowout, but we need to show up, with intent and be more clinical that we have been.

Go cats.

Jack Henry good start

Go CAtters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back