Preview Rd 22 - Geelong V Saints - Sat Aug 14 2021- 435 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go easy on them though. At least they're still able to actually fill a stadium which is a decent feat in a non-AFL state.

Now the team is winning plenty of games, sure. It was a ghost town here for some years when they were dross. Plenty of fair weather fans this side of the border.

Jennings is a smart man but sometimes smart men convince themselves of dumb things

I like listening to him, and he is as strong a CS advocate as there is... and I can see his point but what id suggest is that not just the Kolo jump for joy ... but our selections for the game showed that we were not taking it as do or die , even CS afterwards said as much. For mine we were almost due for a loss, every year in 07, 09,11 we had a late season loss and the tactics used to beat us was probably illuminating. It gives us something to think about and work on.

Man up Stewart. Hold their forwards. etc. all will be harder to do when we have a stronger side. Henry from the backline only made it harder for TS. No Cameron made it harder for TomH...
so while not setting out to lose, I think there were advantages to the result. It could mean little or a lot long term.

Let see what happens this week.

Last edited:

Round 22 Team
In: Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Henderson, Mark O'Connor, Isaac Smith

Out: Zach Tuohy (Injured), Gary Rohan (Injured), Nathan Kreuger (Omitted), Jordan Clark (Omitted), Quinton Narkle (Medical Sub)

BacksJack HenryMark BlicavsLachie Henderson
Half BacksTom StewartJake KolodjashnijJed Bews
CentrelineMax HolmesCameron GuthrieIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsLuke DahlhausJeremy CameronShaun Higgins
ForwardsBrad CloseTom HawkinsEsava Ratugolea
FollowersRhys StanleyJoel SelwoodPatrick Dangerfield
InterchangeMark O'ConnorSam MenegolaZach Guthrie
Brandan Parfitt
EmergenciesJordan ClarkFrancis EvansQuinton Narkle
Nathan Kreuger

I like listening to him, and he is as strong a CS advocate as their is... and I can see his point but what id suggest is that not just the Kolo jump for joy ... but our selections for the game showed that we were not talking it as do or die , even CS afterwards said as much. For mine we were almost due for a loss, every year in 07, 09,11 we had a late season loss and the tactice used to beat us was probably illuminating. It gives us something to think about and work on.

Man up Stewart. Hold their forwards. etc. all will be harder to when we have a stronger side. Henry from the backline only made it harder for TS. Noi Cameron made it harder for TomH...
so while not setting out to lose, I think there were advantages to the result. It could mean little or a lot long term.

Let see what happens this week.
I will be putting a lot of weight on our first quarter against the Saints.

St Kilda’s 1-wood is to bring the heat. We will get that on Saturday. We need to respond to the limp effort of last week.

A strong effort and I will be confident we are in the mix for flag. Another limp effort and I will be writing us off. It might sound dramatic but I can’t see how anything less than a strong response here is acceptable.

Might have gone Clark over Zuthrie this week even though he wasn't good last week. Tuohy looms as a big loss, he's been very good this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have gone Clark over Zuthrie this week even though he wasn't good last week. Tuohy looms as a big loss, he's been very good this season.
I'd think Zuth kept his spot as Atkins is still out

I wasn't totally sold on either Clark or Narkle, but if one is to be the sub then I'd lean towards Clark

*whocares emoji*

I know what shorts we wore in our premiership years, but I couldn't tell you what shorts we wore last week - just fun to post to see the melts

FFFFS Greene off (yet Danger not picked) Buddy got off as I predicted, so bet your arse Hawk gets done this week for something inconsequential

Huh?

Greene has a 1 week suspension to serve

Dalhouse and possibly Esava a bit lucky - the latter is not consistent and is not getting much ball. He might have to make way when Rohan returns since Stanley is clearly the better ruckman.

I would have gone Clark over both Guthrie and Holmes. I like Holmes a lot but thought Clark was better last week excepting 'the kick'.

We'll miss Tuohy as he provides dash and is nearly the best kick in the team.

I know what shorts we wore in our premiership years, but I couldn't tell you what shorts we wore last week - just fun to post to see the melts
White shorts may be one omen, but sadly for me, our flags seem directly related to the broadcaster, channel 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back