Preview Rd 22 - Geelong V Saints - Sat Aug 14 2021- 435 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that will change anytime soon. Unfortunately any online forum will attract the nuffy brigade in amongst those who just apply a bit of balance. Every club has them - Geelong is no different.

Some of the personal remarks made against players do go a bit far - this board is no different. If a few posters met a few of the players concerned, they'd no doubt change their perceptions pretty quickly.

I learned my lesson many years ago at a Geelong game. Being a bit young (and stupid) I spent most of the first half directing some feedback at a certain Geelong player. At half time a pleasant middle aged woman turned and walked towards me to kindly ask that I be a bit more respectful ....... it was the players mum. Never did it again.
I learned it as a young boy, from my parents. ;)

What actually is the go with Simpson?

A blink of an eye and we're at the eve of the finals and we still haven't seen him

Aparently the coach and the team will in the wrong frame of mind last week ..as indicated by the reaction to Kolo get of his duck for goals

He wondered whether Scott’s body language was a sign that the side’s intensity was slightly off during the match.
Chris Scott is the best matchday coach in the competition,“ he said on SEN’s Whateley.
“I just thought there were some interesting things about their coaching on matchday that I hadn’t seen from Geelong or a Chris Scott-coached side.
“You hear the language that every game is a preparation for a Grand Final, I just thought that Geelong were really un-Geelong like and a bit sleepy.

Can't say sorry - it was an obscure player of little note, and that story has done the rounds over the years. It will blow my cover ;)
Poor Spiro.

Saints supporters have been passing the whacky tobaccy around on their board.

Apparently Hawkins is a "spud" and they only need to worry about the fact that he is big, and pushes people around. Cameron leads all day and they just need to play someone on him who can run with him all day.

Ok then. Interesting in depth analysis.

Hawk has been expossed three or four times this year against young players... he very much a lead player now.It seemed obvious when Sav and Henry could take marks and Hawk could not that other clubs know how they want to play him...having said that, with Cameron in the side.. it changes the situation a bit. Does Rohan miss?

The last two years.. we been a top side..yet have lost KP games to out of the 8 sides. The crowd an under valued part of the home ground advantage. Im sure StKilda will be happy that they are playing us at a ground in VFL mode.

What's the feeling towards the cats by the general footy public over in the west? Would we be likely to have any of the neutral support going our way say over the dogs or dees or port? Or are we as hated there as in any other part of the country?

That's a great question standupand
I moved here from Melbourne 21 years ago and have been impressed with the quality of football programs and coaching over here.
Development programs and WAFL Colts are turning out some very impressive kids :thumbsu:
As to the quality of the great unwashed footy public let's just say that none understand the rules and an Eagles supporter is always taught "boo" as their second language :( Attending games over here is incredibly frustrating.

From what I can gather the Cats were well supported over here pre Eagles probably because of Polly, Dennis Marshall , John Watts and Peake.
As such we get pretty good crowds to our games over here - my gut is we're well supported but probably a little behind Bombers , Blues and Pies.
Local supporter group "Perth Cats" seems well run and popular.

Short answer is I think we'd be well supported against Dees ,Dogs or Port - importantly I'd back us to roll any of them as well over here:thumbsu:

That's a great question standupand
I moved here from Melbourne 21 years ago and have been impressed with the quality of football programs and coaching over here.
Development programs and WAFL Colts are turning out some very impressive kids :thumbsu:
As to the quality of the great unwashed footy public let's just say that none understand the rules and an Eagles supporter is always taught "boo" as their second language :( Attending games over here is incredibly frustrating.

From what I can gather the Cats were well supported over here pre Eagles probably because of Polly, Dennis Marshall , John Watts and Peake.
As such we get pretty good crowds to our games over here - my gut is we're well supported but probably a little behind Bombers , Blues and Pies.
Local supporter group "Perth Cats" seems well run and popular.

Short answer is I think we'd be well supported against Dees ,Dogs or Port - importantly I'd back us to roll any of them as well over here:thumbsu:

Sounds like a 3rd AFL club is needed over there WC..has too much its own way.

When we played there against the pies last year ..it seemed like they had more support than us. perhaps the pre eagles supporters stay home these days.. . You are right , it would be a test against the Dees and Dogs. ..We have been up for a fair while, and we do have a history against the Eagles.

So the player's mum told you to get stuck in to him more?
It was a VFL game at Box Hill, v Hawks. Played alongside Kane Tenace and was a standout. I think he went onto play senior games, but right now can't recall who he was. I think it was Will Slade. Anyway, he played really well and was the first time I'd seen him.

A blink of an eye and we're at the eve of the finals and we still haven't seen him
He just hasn't had the chance to press for selection. Sean said he's fit and raring to go.

Was returning from injury when the state went back into lockdown and VFL postponed

In subsequent weeks where VFL has been played, Geelong's had a bye - so that's made it hard for those on the fringes who are returning from injuries to press their case

Aparently the coach and the team will in the wrong frame of mind last week ..as indicated by the reaction to Kolo get of his duck for goals

He wondered whether Scott’s body language was a sign that the side’s intensity was slightly off during the match.
“Chris Scott is the best matchday coach in the competition,“ he said on SEN’s Whateley.
“I just thought there were some interesting things about their coaching on matchday that I hadn’t seen from Geelong or a Chris Scott-coached side.
“You hear the language that every game is a preparation for a Grand Final, I just thought that Geelong were really un-Geelong like and a bit sleepy.

I actually agree with this! I immediately thought when it happened it looked wrong.

Geelong were off from the start last week, even early when we had control it was noticeable mids were not pushing forward hard enough, and then when it turned clearly they were not running back.

Attitude was shocking last week.

Expect they will be very switched on this week.

Was returning from injury when the state went back into lockdown and VFL postponed

In subsequent weeks where VFL has been played, Geelong's had a bye - so that's made it hard for those on the fringes who are returning from injuries to press their case

Suppose he's clearly not in our top echelon of players but I thought he'd be in the bracket of players that gets considered without VFL form.. perhaps I'm wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Chris Scott is the best matchday coach in the competition,“ he said on SEN’s Whateley.

Celebrating the first goal of an 100+ gamer in the box.. A bit sleepy? lol

1628749360165.png

If you substitute 'a Lions supporter', 'ball!' and 'up here' in the appropriate places, you are perfectly describing the dross we have to live with in Queensland.

Hard to imagine a stadium full of people who collectively understand less about the game they're watching than what we suffer at the Gabba.

What's the feeling towards the cats by the general footy public over in the west? Would we be likely to have any of the neutral support going our way say over the dogs or dees or port? Or are we as hated there as in any other part of the country?
I reckon they don’t like the dees.( based on nothing really, but they don’t seem to like each other). And dogs gave them a good beating in Perth this year, so they might be less popular now? Can’t imagine anyone would support port.

If you substitute 'a Lions supporter', 'ball!' and 'up here' in the appropriate places, you are perfectly describing the dross we have to live with in Queensland.

Hard to imagine a stadium full of people who collectively understand less about the game they're watching than what we suffer at the Gabba.
Go easy on them though. At least they're still able to actually fill a stadium which is a decent feat in a non-AFL state.

Snap :)
Eagles fans incessantly "Boo" and Dockers fans incessantly yell "Ball"
Neither seem to appreciate a great passage of play or a contest , Richardson was totally on the money with his "noise of affirmation" comment about influencing the umpiring - maybe that's why these morons do it?

Have you forgot the Kelly trade already? they hate Geelong lol

Jennings is a smart man but sometimes smart men convince themselves of dumb things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back