Preview Rd 24 Geelong v West Coast Sat Aug 23 2024 145pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Cats fans, time to cut the onions.

And im not talking about the second 1/2 V the Saints.

Tom Hawkins - the 26 - is gonna make some sort of last lap at KP.

It will be a full house - the faithful will be standing and applauding from the aisles, the bars and the standing room. The fat cats will cram into the Social Club and function rooms and probably even look down from their Chardy glasses and pause.

Tom Hawkins is going past them.

We will all feel the lump.

As it has been said, dont be sad that its over be thankful that it happened.

Going past the newly renamed Selwood - Hawkins stand will be the hardest for mine.

But there is also a game to win.

Win and we are in. We control that portion of our destiny.

We need 4 more win for the most unlikely of glories. Many things are against us - not the least of which are facts about our own frailties.

But if we can find a way.... get those lucky bounces and moments of collective and individual brilliance - why not us?

But first, the 4 points and %.

Needs to happen and happen stoutly.

Get it done Geelong

Do it for Tomma.

GO Catters

What's the maths on Geelong finishing Top 2? Feels unlikely but also not unrealistic?

Would a 12 goal win then GWS and Port losing their games by 4 goals be enough?

Maybe a 12 goal win isn't likely after how the Cats played vs the Saints, but the Eagles look horrible and checked out...a big win could happen.

What's the maths on Geelong finishing Top 2? Feels unlikely but also not unrealistic?

Maybe a 12 goal win isn't likely after how the Cats played vs the Saints, but the Eagles look horrible and checked out...a big win could happen.

To grab second we have to win by eleventy million points, have everyone else lose, rely on Halley's Comet swinging by, and have the banks drop their interest rates by 3% on Sunday.

To grab second we have to win by eleventy million points, have everyone else lose, rely on Halley's Comet swinging by, and have the banks drop their interest rates by 3% on Sunday.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd a thought a 2% drop in interest rates would be enough /s

Nah.....3% is pretty fair after 67 consecutive rate increases.

It's crucial we don't go too hard the banks - business has been tough. I mean, they're only making a $100 billion a year after all......

On a serious note, I can only see us pinching 3rd at best......and we're going to have Hawthorn yapping hard on our heels dammit.

We'd need to win by about 20 goals to surpass Port's percentage, and Port would need to draw or lose. It's not as simple as saying "a 20 goal win", because it depends on our score and oppo score - but a 180-50 win would boost our percentage to 114.3% (Port's is currently 114.2%).

Win and finish 4th. Do we honestly want to get 3rd and play Port in Port.......that's got rectal damage written all over it.

I think we're getting Sydney at a better time than when we played them up there last. We had their measure for a good chunk of that game before we dropped off (and their midfield went OTT). I think we'll have a learnt a bit from that last game and Dangerfield back is a big in for us.

Stanley was smashed by Grundy in the second half - Pretty sure Bruhn went off injured at half time - and we subbed out Neale early for an underdone G Rohan.

Not sure we'll knock em over but Chris Scott will have something up his sleeve.

Port would love us to get to 3rd. Feels like their only wins of note under Ken have come against us.

I am ambivalent about 3rd or 4th.

I am glad this is now a potential knock out game for us. Hopefully focuses the team into a finals like intensity from the start.

Going to be a tough call for the MC but clearly Duncan needs to be omitted.
Duncan would've sliced and diced St Kilda when we were on top in the first half. Much like we missed his absence in the 2019 prelim against Richmond, we missed him and a chance to create a bigger lead on Saturday night.

Coming on when Geelong folded and St Kilda were ferocious was a nightmare situation. If we are getting absolutely swarmed and offering no resistance, Duncan looks cooked. If we are functioning okay as a team then Duncan gives us an extra quality distributer.

P.S if we are getting swarmed we are going to cop a hiding whether it's Duncan, Mullin or the ghost of Isaac Smith in the team. It becomes irrelevant. Look how poor someone like Zach Guthrie - in his prime - looks when the team are getting thrashed at the source time and time again.

I know some people like to know these things before hand

White shorts seems to be the club’s preference. It makes us stand out from most of the other clubs who go for the dark.
Back in the day, black shorts were my preference as you didn’t have to wash them as often as the white.

Win and finish 4th. Do we honestly want to get 3rd and play Port in Port.......that's got rectal damage written all over it.

I think we're getting Sydney at a better time than when we played them up there last. We had their measure for a good chunk of that game before we dropped off (and their midfield went OTT). I think we'll have a learnt a bit from that last game and Dangerfield back is a big in for us.

Stanley was smashed by Grundy in the second half - Pretty sure Bruhn went off injured at half time - and we subbed out Neale early for an underdone G Rohan.

Not sure we'll knock em over but Chris Scott will have something up his sleeve.
Has Grundy’s form dropped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back