Preview Rd 24 Geelong v West Coast Sat Aug 23 2024 145pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bews selection is bizarre.

He's been only ok at VFL level and his 2 AFL matches have been North and being torched by Rachele against Adelaide. Add in West Coast and it's not exactly a lead in ready for finals footy.

Are they going to announce he won't be offered another contract and think he deserves a goodbye? Cause if he's genuinely in line for finals ahead of Mullin, Knevitt, Parfitt and Clark that's staggering.
Rather take Bews into a tough final right now than any of those this year.

The Bews selection is bizarre.

He's been only ok at VFL level and his 2 AFL matches have been North and being torched by Rachele against Adelaide. Add in West Coast and it's not exactly a lead in ready for finals footy.

Are they going to announce he won't be offered another contract and think he deserves a goodbye? Cause if he's genuinely in line for finals ahead of Mullin, Knevitt, Parfitt and Clark that's staggering.

I don’t think any of those players including Bews play finals, but ask yourself which player you’d feel comfortable in playing on the big stage. Easy choice in Bews for me

It will be bews i would say.

This is his farewell game.

It will be sdk for bews for the first final and otherwise thats the 23.

The ohnery vs rohan debate is settled (although it will be interesting if rohan is stranded on 98 games then retired-depends who we use as sub for finals).
His 3rd farewell game in 4 weeks??? Why are you still sticking with that narrative?

Do you seriously think we would play farewell games in a must win match? Win and its top 4. Lose and there may not even be a finals berth.

If we were doing farewell games hawkins would be playing.

Bewsy getting more farewells than Farnham ;)

Im ok with him getting a farewell game hes been a good servant.

Im just surprised they didnt announce it this week.

His 3rd farewell game in 4 weeks??? Why are you still sticking with that narrative?

Do you seriously think we would play farewell games in a must win match? Win and its top 4. Lose and there may not even be a finals berth.

If we were doing farewell games hawkins would be playing.

Hawkins would be getting a farewell game but hes injured.

Bews is getting one because hes fit.

If we cant beat wce with say bews instead of mullin we dont deserve to be in it.

So yes i can totally believe its his farewell game.

So Rohan after 2 weeks out he plays 61 minutes of footy and needs to be managed again ahead of a bye!

Not ommitted though!

Surely he needs to play vfl next week (this week a bye)

If we cant beat wce with say bews instead of mullin we dont deserve to be in it.

Seriously? Its a knockout game. Basically a final. There are no farewell games.

And even if there were you dont need farewell games if you have just played two weeks ago.

Why dont you just admit you got the farewell game against north wrong? He played the next week after that. And now in a game that is basically our first final he is playing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus he is only 30.

Touhy and duncan are what? 34.

Hes 30 and hes not best 22. The others are over 30 and still best 22 (with the exception of stanley who was required due to lack of rucks).

This is the same as dahlhaus we have been over this.

Bews isnt staying unless its to coach.

Seriously? Its a knockout game. Basically a final. There are no farewell games.

And even if there were you dont need farewell games if you have just played two weeks ago.

Why dont you just admit you got the farewell game against north wrong? He played the next week after that. And now in a game that is basically our first final he is playing again.

This is not our first final seeds.

For a starters its not a knockout game as we are locked into the 8.
And secondly we are playing an awful team.

I didnt get anything wrong because bews a) wont play finals and b) wont be on the list next year.
If he plays finals then i will be wrong but he wont.

Not sure if serious, whips are cracking now I don’t think we would be toying with our team for the sake of an unannounced farewell game for a good average player. Wouldn’t be surprised if Mullin is a late in for Jed anyway, far more upside for mine.

He's a second year rookie - essentially that makes him a FA, even if we offer him a further rookie contract he can reject it and then he becomes a delisted free agent who can move where he wants

Fair point. Surely he moves on next year, then? Considers his options. He can’t do any better in VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed for Mullin....

jean claude van damme dancing GIF

Seems like the MC have determined (rightly IMO) that our main advantage this September is finals/premiership experience.

With Pies, Dees and Tigers out, Geelong are only finals team to win a flag since 2016.

The dogs, swans, giants and Lions have all played in GFs though.

8 changes from ‘22 flag side:

In: Neale, Bruhn, Bowes, Holmes, OHenry, Dempsey, Mannagh, Humphries

OUT: Selwood, Smith (ret), MOC, Parfitt, Rohan (man.), Hawkins, Guthrie, SDK (inj).

The in’s are all quite young or lacking experience, therefore it makes sense to balance that out with Stanley & Bews.

Scott will need to be making game plan adjustments at the end of every quarter, and too many kids makes this hard to do.

I hope Blics plays CHB all finals series. I’d back him in over SDK this year.

Then farewell many of the older guys at seasons end and back in the youth for 2025.

O.Henry truthers wrong again.
You really don't like criticism of Ollie do you, even such that doesn't ask for his axing.
He's had a poor two months let's be real. Barely above a goal a game for the last 8-10 games and tackle numbers are lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back