Game Day Rd 24 Geelong v West Coast Sat Aug 23 2024 145pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

110+ and we are a big chance for 2nd spot.

This is a real possibility... Don't think it isn't.

We gotta go for the throat today.

If we in 160 to 50 our % goes from 107.7 to 113.3

Ports % currently is 114.2.

If Port loses to Freo by around 1 goal then they should drop to under 113.3 (depending on total scores... as a high-scoring 1 goal loss will drop more % than a low-scoring 1 goal loss).

Let's put at least 100 on WC and hope for the best.

If Freo get hold of Port then maybe 80ish could be enough... but we must get our % as high as possible in case Freo just win.

P.S. Also assuming the Dogs beat GWS by any margin + we need the Saints beating Carlton to keep Freo's motivation high.

Reckon that bus (top two spot) left the depot around 10:00PM last Saturday.

Why does Stanley need to play another 8 games for Geelong?

Today will be game #150 in the Hoops, and in total it will be game #208 - unless the F&S rule changes to needing to have played over 155 games, Stanley has already played the minimum requirement of 100 games

Stanley is good for FS.

Rohan is the one thats just short of 100 games.

Thinking we'll see a decent crowd today

I've not long parked, and over the back half of the season I've taken to parking a 10/15 minute walk from the ground because it allows me to not get stuck in traffic after the game

With an hour until match time, I've had to park a further block away today due to the number of vehicles

Lots of blue & white walking to the ground - love it

Kel on KROCK

Great to acknowledge Zuthries 100 games. Great bloke and better player.

2E - crosses all player groups within the 4 walls. Brings them all together.

And with Tomma - we will all be talking about how we saw the 26 play live when we are all older.

Today we dont ever want to be disrespcetful to oppo so we need to play our best today - and thinking this is easy is a trap and it cant happen. We have to be on the ball from the start and stay there

Stanley - happy for him to get 150 for the Cats.

Last week - our intensity was low first 10 mins of 3rd 1/4 and our ability to retain the ball floundered and they excelled at everything we didnt get right so we needed to fix that

Zuth - originally was the Auskick kid and where he is now is a true testament to his work and effort to get where he si.

Brilliant example.

SDK - we will wait until hes ready bc hes so critical to us so the wait is worth it

Lawson - Luv who he is and hes a a brilliant footy brain. Hes older, he studies and he works and a great example of a more mature mind coming into the game. His work ethic and maturity is a great thing. He's grown up before his career started and Kel is an advocate of the draft age lifting.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah...just wanna listen to the game, not give up my rights as a private citizen to friggin' AFL sponsors...

"I agree to release my information to the AFL, AFL Clubs, Official Rights Holders and AFL Sponsors"

It's on 774 for those doing the knitting at home.

Last edited:
What a weird sub choice. Makes it seem like maybe today is just the club giving Bews a farewell game.

Its not really. Bews only playing 1/4 wont make a difference to the result but its a good way to acknowledge what hes done. And hes unlikely to play finals so its the right call (hawkins would have got the same if he was fit) to give him this chance today to say goodbye.

Rohan on the other hand is in contention to potentially be a finals sub so doesnt need a farewell game now.

Did Joel just confirm that we won't be seeing Tom in finals...

"It's sad coming here today knowing it was going to be the last time we'd see Hawk play"

Not sure if was specifically meaning the last time at KP, or a slip of the tongue - but maybe it's closer to the truth of things than what either Hawkins or Scott have been willing to say

110+ and we are a big chance for 2nd spot.

This is a real possibility... Don't think it isn't.

We gotta go for the throat today.

If we in 160 to 50 our % goes from 107.7 to 113.3

Ports % currently is 114.2.

If Port loses to Freo by around 1 goal then they should drop to under 113.3 (depending on total scores... as a high-scoring 1 goal loss will drop more % than a low-scoring 1 goal loss).

Let's put at least 100 on WC and hope for the best.

If Freo get hold of Port then maybe 80ish could be enough... but we must get our % as high as possible in case Freo just win.

P.S. Also assuming the Dogs beat GWS by any margin + we need the Saints beating Carlton to keep Freo's motivation high.
I’ll take a win no injuries

Did Joel just confirm that we won't be seeing Tom in finals...

"It's sad coming here today knowing it was going to be the last time we'd see Hawk play"

Not sure if was specifically meaning the last time at KP, or a slip of the tongue - but maybe it's closer to the truth of things than what either Hawkins or Scott have been willing to say
Sad panda again

Yeah, nah...just wanna listen to the game, not give up my rights as a private citizen to friggin' AFL sponsors...

"I agree to release my information to the AFL, AFL Clubs, Official Rights Holders and AFL Sponsors"

It's on 774 for those do those doing the knitting.
No one forces you to put in your real details! 😁 I put in false name, email etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back