Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson is tough and he doesn't punch people in the face.
Holman is tough and he tackles like a monster but he doesn't punch people in the face.
Bell doesn't let anyone push him around but he doesn't punch people in the face.

It is possible to be a tough guy without hitting someone off the ball, regardless of whether or not you're face to face. It's unnecessary and disadvantages us next week.

I think it would be stupid for blokes to punch others in the face - there are better ways to be aggressive - just takes purpose and intent- both lacking in Carlton's DNA for too long. A pity no one bumped Melcham into next week too whilst I am at it..

Judd has been smashed to pieces every week he has played for Carlton - with no support o backup..

I think it would be stupid for blokes to punch others in the face - there are better ways to be aggressive - just takes purpose and intent- both lacking in Carlton's DNA for too long. A pity no one bumped Melcham into next week too whilst I am at it..

Judd has been smashed to pieces every week he has played for Carlton - with no support o backup..

I agree that we need to be more aggressive I just think it needs to be within the rules.

Simpson is tough and he doesn't punch people in the face.
Holman is tough and he tackles like a monster but he doesn't punch people in the face.
Bell doesn't let anyone push him around but he doesn't punch people in the face.

It is possible to be a tough guy without hitting someone off the ball, regardless of whether or not you're face to face. It's unnecessary and disadvantages us next week.

Bell let some WC spud punch him in the face quite a few times and he just took it.

Who would you drop from today? I didn't see the game. I can see Carrazzo is gone but pls refresh my memory on the others :)
Jones did okay... but nothing special

Carrots again okay, but id rather play the youth ahead of him, like Whiley

Ellard, too small and not enough tricks, good trier though

Wood, wow do we need Kreuzer back

Im probably missing someone as ive included Kreuzer, Buckley, Whiley, Menzel, Boekhurst and Watson.

Edit: Im missing Bell and Armfield.

Armfield.. again - see Ellard. But a little taller

Bell really does deserve a position. I would have Bell as a toss up between him and Boekhurst depending upon the conditions

Punching someone in the face is not what's required, which is my whole point. You said "Yarran putting Chapman down was a breath of fresh air"--not if it means he's gonna be in the stands for a week or two.

Respectfully disagree MEB. Not like we are going to play finals. Bit of a line in the sand effort, a few more blokes should've done the same thing. Worked alright for Hawthorn around a decade ago.

I wish Murphy had punched someone in the face - years ago...I also enjoyed watching Judd smash a few Essendon players today - he is smart enough to know how to do it..

I understand your point re Yarran being suspended - my point is different - I am saying I don't care..and I also suspect that there was some provocation involved..

This is the thing that will come out in the next few days...!

Provocation schmovocation. This board used to go nuts over Waite getting sucked in and then suspended. Obviously a punch is different to a headbutt but it's the same principle.

Prove you're a tough guy by putting your ******* head over the ball, not your fist into someone's face. We need a win. We need our best players to help us get one and our biggest chance is next week.

Give it a rest MEB, the bloke stood up for himself against a bloke that has made a career of bullying opposition players. If he misses a few weeks so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it a rest MEB, the bloke stood up for himself against a bloke that has made a career of bullying opposition players. If he misses a few weeks so be it.

I think I have the right of reply TL if people are going to discuss the issue with me! Pretty sure I was replying to JAB mostly and then BM and Ellas jumped in...should they give it a rest? Or just me because you disagree with what I have to say?

Game appeared to lack atmosphere today. Plenty of supporters decided to give the game a miss (me included). I think the AFL has an image problem.
Maybe people deciding to give the game a miss was the reason it lacked atmos?

I think I have the right of reply TL if people are going to discuss the issue with me! Pretty sure I was replying to JAB mostly and then BM and Ellas jumped in...should they give it a rest? Or just me because you disagree with what I have to say?

Yep they should probably give it a rest too.

I don't think there's any shame in not getting sucked in. I don't recall him getting punched in the face at all and this is the first mention of it that I've ever seen so it can't have been that big of a deal.

Made us look soft.

Considering how well we played....

Generally the toughest teams who take the least amount of crap are the most successful.

None of this crap please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back