Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers for only calling me out then, when I wasn't even the last person to comment on the issue.
:rolleyes:
I'll give this a rest too.

Don't take it personally.

The board this week was littered with people stating they wouldn't go to this match because we are soft and lacked heart. They had a crack today but it is still not good enough.

Had a very full on day with local footy today and did not see the match, how did Byrne go today?
****ing brilliant as sub. 9 touches in the last. Composed, energetic, footskills very good.

Had a very full on day with local footy today and did not see the match, how did Byrne go today?
Looks like he absolutely belongs. Kicks well, quick, didn't look overawed...

Maybe making him sub was a great way to get him into the game? *ducks for cover.

As much as Chappy gives me the ******* shits I am annoyed at Yarran. We need our best players in next week against the Saints to hopefully get our first win of the season, the last thing we need is Yaz sitting in the stands.
There's a way to show you're a tough guy without punching someone off the ball.
It wasn't just a matter of punching someone off the ball. Chapman instigated the fight & there was a fair bit of push & shove before Chapman actually threw one, which partially connected with Yaz, hence Yaz's reaction. This is why the booing of Yaz by EFC supporters after the incident was so hypocritical. I haven't watched the game on TV, so I'm not sure how much was shown, but this was going on sometime before the punches were thrown.

Ultimately Yaz defended himself, as you would expect any player to do.

One good thing about not playing Essendon again is not listening to Zemplis,Watson,Mcintosh they are disgracefully biased with watson being the least it's a joke.

I really think that people shouldn't be allowed to commentate on games if they have a connection to the club, e.g. Watson and Essendon, Eddie and Collingwood.

It wasn't just a matter of punching someone off the ball. Chapman instigated the fight & there was a fair bit of push & shove before Chapman actually threw one, which partially connected with Yaz, hence Yaz's reaction. This is why the booing of Yaz by EFC supporters after the incident was so hypocritical. I haven't watched the game on TV, so I'm not sure how much was shown, but this was going on sometime before the punches were thrown.

Give us a spell, MSR.

I really think that people shouldn't be allowed to commentate on games if they have a connection to the club, e.g. Watson and Essendon, Eddie and Collingwood.

Totally agree. But like I said it was more Zemplis and McIntosh I seemed were worse which is staggering you can understand Timmy but the other 2 WTF? It was the same last time we played Essendon and yet they get the gig again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe Tim referred to Jobe playing for the Bombers today. I'm not sure that the game can survive on commentary using first names but there's only one Jobe.

I do believe Tim referred to Jobe playing for the Bombers today. I'm not sure that the game can survive on commentary using first names but there's only one Jobe.

Pretty sure I referred to Jobe as something else a few times today.

Who would you drop from today? I didn't see the game. I can see Carrazzo is gone but pls refresh my memory on the others :)
Curnow do be dropped, never to return. We can't carry him anymore. Taggers need to hurt the opposition when we have ball in hand. He just can't do it

Oh come on MSR. You're better than that.
Yarran had a brain fade and admitted it to Mick himself after the game.
We'd much rather have Yarran there than next week. Very undisciplined act.

Curnow do be dropped, never to return. We can't carry him anymore. Targets need to hurt the opposition when we have ball in hand. He just can't do it
A bit harsh. I think he has a place and has been reliable for a long time. He might be forced out but not for long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back