Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really liked the look of Byrne when he came on. Looked impressive for a debutant even without factoring in the Irish factor. Just had really good awareness and football smarts. Ran to the right spots, didn't look panicked or rushed with the ball. He looks like he could be a good one.

I really liked the look of Byrne when he came on. Looked impressive for a debutant even without factoring in the Irish factor. Just had really good awareness and football smarts. Ran to the right spots, didn't look panicked or rushed with the ball. He looks like he could be a good one.
When do you suggest we start with the injections?

Ignore Baldrick. Blackadder has made him bitter. I liked the cut of his jib as well.

366757-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

This sort of shit you can't buy... this is the sort of stuff we need to see more from our players.

That pic is gold!!! :D

Not really 'discussing'.

Wonder if you'd still of been brave enough to praise Bryne on the Carlton board had you lost.
Why wouldn't I? Posting on an internet forum is no definition of "brave".

Unfortunately, we are stuck with him for three-years. I made an early call on him and was howled down by many over it, it's only taken three games for him to display his inefficiencies.

He is a slightly shorter version of Casboult, can take a decent mark but is not reliable when kicking for goal (he is better than Levi but then again, so is my Grandmother). He doesn't work hard enough to win possession or present for the ball to be delivered to him, makes me angry because he was brought to the club for exactly that reason.

Many a Dogs supporter have told me that their biggest knock on him was that he had no second efforts, once beaten for the ball he just let it all go. At 198cm & 98kg, he has the bulk to be an imposing forward so why the hell doesn't he throw some weight around or crash some packs ??

OMG, I can't believe he got a three year gig. List clogger. Bulldogs list management miles in front of ours and they must have pinched themselves when we agreed to take Tutt and Jones, Lemons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firs time that I've had a good look at this chap and what surprised me most is that he is a decent lug of a bloke, he's certainly no twig.

Got in amongst and did not flinch, actually looked like he had been playing the game for a while. Got ripped off by a crap umpiring decision right at the end of the third quarter, could of shattered him completely but to his credit, didn't seem to let it affect him.

I'm not a huge fan of the irish experiments (I still have nightmares over some of Setanta's brain-fades) but if this guy keeps playing that way, he may force me to rethink my position on that.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility there could be 3 Irish players in the team, although they may be too similar in type for that to happen regularly.
I'm just curious as to why you would judge the 'Irish experiments' on the basis of Setanta (who played hurling first and foremost before he came over) and not by the guys that are there now.

Just my opinion on the Yarran/Chappy incident, and I am in no way condoning what Yazz did, so let's get that straight right now, but for way to long we have been physically mentally and verbally bullied by opposition players to the point where we are a laughing stock of the AFL, god even the ****ing commentators heckle us given half a chance, so Yazz sits mud guard on his arse for being "bullied" again by an opposition player, but says **** it ENOUGH!!! So did mud guard go niggle him again after that? Anyone?? The mindset of mud guard would of came from the Geelong days, hell Cameron Mooney even said it one telecast a while ago, that it is common knowledge around the league that Carlton are soft, it took Hawthorn to say "ENOUGH" with the line in the sand game, and I'm not suggesting we go out and do that, but we need to cut the weak goody two shoes mindset the senior players on this list have, and start biting back, A LOT!!

It's not beyond the realms of possibility there could be 3 Irish players in the team, although they may be too similar in type for that to happen regularly.
I'm just curious as to why you would judge the 'Irish experiments' on the basis of Setanta (who played hurling first and foremost before he came over) and not by the guys that are there now.

It is a good point, the game O'hAilpin played had no relevance to AFL. These guys look like footballers.

Interesting too that Ling on the pre game show made the comment Chapman would be shattered by what happened. Not because he got injured and had to go off but because he would be embarrassed that he got floored. The main gist was Chappy likes to be the one doing the flooring.

Sorry Chappy but we are not in Kansas anymore!!

Just my opinion on the Yarran/Chappy incident, and I am in no way condoning what Yazz did, so let's get that straight right now, but for way to long we have been physically mentally and verbally bullied by opposition players to the point where we are a laughing stock of the AFL, god even the ******* commentators heckle us given half a chance, so Yazz sits mud guard on his arse for being "bullied" again by an opposition player, but says **** it ENOUGH!!! So did mud guard go niggle him again after that? Anyone?? The mindset of mud guard would of came from the Geelong days, hell Cameron Mooney even said it one telecast a while ago, that it is common knowledge around the league that Carlton are soft, it took Hawthorn to say "ENOUGH" with the line in the sand game, and I'm not suggesting we go out and do that, but we need to cut the weak goody two shoes mindset the senior players on this list have, and start biting back, A LOT!!

I agree, ok so he misses sime games etc, but the hysterics going on about it is ridiculous, its about time we pushed back and stop being bullied, If you had've said to me prior the match yarran would snot chappy I would not have believed it...we do need to cut the soft tag we have and our goys showed a bit yesterday.

i dared to to dream with 6mins to go Essendon where out of gas, jand sure enough we found a way to loose....our foot skills same old story, kicking for goal is deplorable.

Once the sub was activated and a tagger went off the game opened up....hello Mick???

Can we play a but more attacking?

A few highlights but disappointing

I agree, ok so he misses sime games etc, but the hysterics going on about it is ridiculous, its about time we pushed back and stop being bullied, If you had've said to me prior the match yarran would snot chappy I would not have believed it...we do need to cut the soft tag we have and our goys showed a bit yesterday.

i dared to to dream with 6mins to go Essendon where out of gas, jand sure enough we found a way to loose....our foot skills same old story, kicking for goal is deplorable.

Once the sub was activated and a tagger went off the game opened up....hello Mick???

Can we play a but more attacking?

A few highlights but disappointing
I was feeling the same way, I said to mate, *are stuffed here, they are running up and down on the spot, but when you dominate like we did in the final quarter, how many times do you see a side with ball constantly in there forward half, and all players pushed up the ground, only to see a fast break happen and go against the tide and get scored against going the other way, happens a lot, thought our boys were still a show up until that point.

Yarran could have absolutely flogged Chappy, from what I could see, it was a guy who looked like he could box a bit V a "tough guy". Yarran held back, luckily for Chapman. He'll get a fair holiday for it though.

Not real happy to see Yaz miss a few weeks.

But I must admit it was funny to see Chappy transform from "Mr Tough Guy" with his chest puffed out and swinging his elbows one second to being on his back and about to cop another one a few seconds later - and not looking quite so tough after all!!!

Interesting too that Ling on the pre game show made the comment Chapman would be shattered by what happened. Not because he got injured and had to go off but because he would be embarrassed that he got floored. The main gist was Chappy likes to be the one doing the flooring.

Knowing that he ran 15 to 20 yards only to get floored is an embarrassment. Not the first time Chapman has incited that sort of retaliation but probably the first that he's come off second best. Chapman deserves weeks himself. But, of course, he wont even be reported. The AFL is a complete and utter disgrace. A criminal law court would take that entire incident in its entirety whereas the AFL will call Yarran on an isolated part of it.

As far as Chappy calling it a shit punch.... It was good enough to get rid of an even shitter bloke for a few minutes. He should stick to snorting coke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back