Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the Chapman incident. Should Essendon be in strife for the concussion rule. Chapman came off the ground, assessed, taped up then came back on. Wasn't till at least 5 minutes later, he left the field and the concussion sub was activated. Please no comments that it was Essendon and that's why they'll get off.

Regarding the Chapman incident. Should Essendon be in strife for the concussion rule. Chapman came off the ground, assessed, taped up then came back on. Wasn't till at least 5 minutes later, he left the field and the concussion sub was activated. Please no comments that it was Essendon and that's why they'll get off.

That was dodgy... I took them, what, 15 mins to activate it.

I reckon they were doing it to rattle yarran.

Chappy came back on and kicked two snappy goals.

Concussion not coming on straight away is not unusual at all. He was okay when he came back on the first time but came off saying he was having issues with his vision. That's not uncommon.

That was dodgy... I took them, what, 15 mins to activate it.

I reckon they were doing it to rattle yarran.

Chappy came back on and kicked two snappy goals.
I reckon they did it as a ploy to help with the extra rest for old players like Chapman, the entire team seemed to be struggling to run out the game after a 6 day break in the end.

Concussion not coming on straight away is not unusual at all. He was okay when he came back on the first time but came off saying he was having issues with his vision. That's not uncommon.

Ask yourself, what would a coach trained by Sheedy do? exploit the rules....

Ask yourself, what would a coach trained by Sheedy do? exploit the rules....
It's possible, but I don't see that much of a gain coming from sending a player back on for 5 or so minutes then subbing him off temporarily. If you were going to do it you'd probably do it the initial time he comes off to lessen suspicion.

OMG, I can't believe he got a three year gig. List clogger. Bulldogs list management miles in front of ours and they must have pinched themselves when we agreed to take Tutt and Jones, Lemons.
I like lemons. Not difficult to grow and keep giving year after year.

It's possible, but I don't see that much of a gain coming from sending a player back on for 5 or so minutes then subbing him off temporarily. If you were going to do it you'd probably do it the initial time he comes off to lessen suspicion.

I can see what you are saying..

But it gives Chappy a rest... who isn't 100% at the moment it seems.. and it worked.. came back on looking pretty happy.

I am not trying to defend Yarran's hit by the way. Deserves to go.... pretty stupid.. though pretty comical for those that don't like Chappy.

Well maybe we need another rule change so it can't be exploited.:confused:

The fracas has been edited down to the 'widow maker' that Yaz threw. A waste of time to show the provocation that took place before he threw the punch. When 7 was searching for the correct edit to sensationalise the violence (once 7 did it was shown ad nauseum) it showed a bit of rag dolling between the two and I think they clashed heads.

They may not have thought of utilising the concussion sub straight away which is why it may have taken 5 minutes or so either.

You cant be found guilty or punished on suspicion or balance of probability, but we shouldn't need to point that out to Bomber fans these days.....

They may not have thought of utilising the concussion sub straight away which is why it may have taken 5 minutes or so either.

You cant be found guilty or punished on suspicion or balance of probability, but we shouldn't need to point that out to Bomber fans these days.....
I'm comfortably satisfied with that explanation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward 50s were diabolical. We were dominating the clearances, but it was to Essendons advantage as they'd just out number us and rebound while we were out of position.

Umps killed us again, but we need to get used to that.

Byrne looked fantastic! Will get in the side for yaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerard Whately's a knob.
I was just about to suggest that... he wouldnt know shit... he is trying to decide what the MRP will hand out to Yarran for them based on some bullshit video that only shows a small segment of the whole incident.

Think it was important for Yarran also to stand up at this stage of his career. He will be targeted every single game t try and intimidate him out of the match. This is a good message to get out to his next opponent that has this in mind.

Yeah would definitely not want to p1ss Yarran off. I kind of agree, but still disappointed he's gunna miss so long

He's so good when he has the footy

I was just about to suggest that... he wouldnt know shit... he is trying to decide what the MRP will hand out to Yarran for them based on some bullshit video that only shows a small segment of the whole incident.
I think the MRP can send incidents to the Tribunal. If they can it should happen because some incidents need to be fully investigated.

Yaz has now officially become my favorite player .... MM should put him on a pedestal all week!

The time is now!

We are not going to play finals
We are in a rebuild

It is time now to change the soft ass culture that has crept into this team

It is time to get rid of the soft ***** and over the next three years build a team that can be feared.

We have the core ... But we have a lot of dead wood.

It will not be easy but the decisions we make now will affect the club for well over the next 10-15 year period.

Yaz today put an important brick in the foundation.

Anyone who cannot see that understands little of the modern game.

We must have a no retreat no surrender policy.

We are CFC let's start acting like that means something because for far too long it has not!

Yeah would definitely not want to p1ss Yarran off. I kind of agree, but still disappointed he's gunna miss so long

He's so good when he has the footy

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards that is what Yaz did today ... in the scheme of things it matters little now but could be huge in the years to come.

Think it was important for Yarran also to stand up at this stage of his career. He will be targeted every single game t try and intimidate him out of the match. This is a good message to get out to his next opponent that has this in mind.
Dont disagree but from now on he just has to put his head over the ball and win it in a contest more regularly instead of getting involved in a scrap and throwing a punch like that.

He will be targeted for sure going forward but he cannot respond like that all the time, ok to draw a line in the sand so to speak but do the little things that the team needs from you more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back