Preview Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Sat April 25 - 1:10 NZST - Wellington (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at our next 5 games, Saints, Pies, Lions, GWS and Geelong. Anyone willing to back in we are sitting 5 wins and 3 losses after 8 rounds?? :)

I'm optimistic - it is up to the boys in Blue to lift.

Hope curnow is sub and Jamo gets a rest. If boek gets the vest I will scream. Better to have him developing in the VFL than on the pine. Same with bucks.

Think tutt might surprise some people.

Surely we win this, depleted as we are. Somebody reassure me. Please.

I wish I could. I just don't have the bottle to rustle up even some faux optimism at this stage.
Sorry.

How does a footy season become so bleak so quickly - round 4 ffs?!!!

One thing I noticed about Boekhorst last week that wasn't evident with Buckley, is that he didn't take off immediately with ball in hand.
When you're fast, you have to use that speed from the get-go, or else play outside and run off your man.

Boekhorst doesn't mind the hard stuff but I'd like him to run the lines just a little harder to connect to a chain of possession and take off.
Has a very disguised penetrating kick on him and will surprise some opposition back-men with it..........as long as it doesn't surprise our forwards.

It was evident last week that when we took off a defensive stopper in Curnow for an attacker in Byrne, we look muchhh more damaging and actually capable.
Hopefully our older statesmen can prove their value over a young STK team. C'mon Blues we are a real chance this week. IMO if we can win the first quarter and keep our foot on the gas we can win this.

What odds are you offering TL ??

Okay trust me when I say I really have not thought this through but........

Given the doom and gloom on this board it is time to have a bit of fun and if it is at my expense so be it. I am going to back the club in.

If we do not win the next 5 games in a row I will place myself on the 'Long Term Poster Injury' list and will ban myself from posting for the remainder of the season. So if we do not win the next 5 games in a row you will not see TL15 posting anything on Big Footy until the Carlton season is over.

It really hurts me watching Juddy these days. He is probably still our best player which is a worry, but the most painful thing is is that he re-committed to the club because he was sure that at the end of last year we were going in the right direction and he could see the club turning around on field. Now, after the start of this year, i hate to think that he is regretting his decision.

TL, either you must REALLY want a break from BF or you are terrible at keeping promises....

Nah I will stick to my word, it will kill me on occasions but I have said it now and the next 5 (or possibly even 1) weeks will tell my tail. I am backing you in Blue Boys!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I will stick to my word, it will kill me on occasions but I have said it now and the next 5 (or possibly even 1) weeks will tell my tail. I am backing you in Blue Boys!!!
Very very brave TL. Could go pear shaped this weekend.

I think Murphy,Gibbs,Henderson have heaps to prove this week so will come out firing against the much younger/less experienced opposition and I think Cripps will have a Rising Star worthy game this week 12 kicks 22 handballs 8 tackles 10 clearances 1 goal. Go Blues!!!

Not too many Carlton supporters at the airport. Lots of St.Kilda supporters though.
I hope the boys give you and MEB_ something to smile about tomorrow. I don't imagine there would be many other Blues fans flying over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back