Preview Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Sat April 25 - 1:10 NZST - Wellington (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame Judd is out
Clearances is the one area we were good at last week and he and Cripps together make a lethal combo on ball
For sure.

It's nice seeing us go for the ball after a ruck contest and seeing someone OTHER than Judd doing classy yet tough clearance work.

Also, I know many here probably aren't interested in anything Jobe Watson says, but on TFS last night he made a point of saying he thinks Paddy Cripps will be a very, very good player. A bit of a compliment I thought coming from someone who Paddy could be a somewhat similar player to.

I think that's par for the course with Jamo, he's had dodgy shoulders for years. I don't know, maybe his ligaments there are looser than most people's. It doesn't stop him.

Having said that, if Jaksch is good to go, I think he should be playing, Jamo or no Jamo.
Jamo is out of form but he plays. We have to fix the forward line so I would like to see Jaksch in the team too with either him or Rowey at CHF.
Levi is so out of form, I do not know what to do with him. Was he or Ellard CHF last week :eek:

With Judd out, Carrots might be played a little less as a tagger & more as an outright mid to pick up the slack.

the amateur psychologist in me says that Levi's poor form (in terms of marking) is because his confidence is so shot with his kicking, that subconsciously he doesn't want to get the ball.
If only someone could hypnotize him or something and make him a super confident man, he'd probably be an instant star.

the amateur psychologist in me says that Levi's poor form (in terms of marking) is because his confidence is so shot with his kicking, that subconsciously he doesn't want to get the ball.

It's very possible. People will self-sabotage in order to avoid conspicuous failure. The kicking has become such a public issue with Levi that failing to get the ball to begin with might be perceived as a lesser failure than getting the ball, having a shot and missing - "again".

It's very possible. People will self-sabotage in order to avoid conspicuous failure. The kicking has become such a public issue with Levi that failing to get the ball to begin with might be perceived as a lesser failure than getting the ball, having a shot and missing - "again".

Great and very relevant point...............it happens all the time in all sorts of everyday situations, so why not in a game of football.

It's a pity as Levi has really built his tank up and should be at the point where his presence is felt a lot more than it currently is.

Get working Sav..........

I'd rather Levi keep trying, he has the ability and tools to get the shots at goal fairly regularly and you would think would have to strike a few nicely at some point.. Look at his game vs Hawthorn where he kicked 4 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but was just thinking in terms of clearances exclusively given Judd got 10+ last week.

That way Ed is the tagger & Carrots is freed up like last qtr last week.
I am worried that Carrazzo, Curnow and Cripps will all be sucked into the contest and get exposed on the outside if we dont win it or hit targets.

Shame Judd is out
Clearances is the one area we were good at last week and he and Cripps together make a lethal combo on ball
Bell can get in there and muscle around. He just needs to look for a quick handball to Gibbs or Murphy instead of blazing away. Much like Robbo should have done.

For sure.

It's nice seeing us go for the ball after a ruck contest and seeing someone OTHER than Judd doing classy yet tough clearance work.

Also, I know many here probably aren't interested in anything Jobe Watson says, but on TFS last night he made a point of saying he thinks Paddy Cripps will be a very, very good player. A bit of a compliment I thought coming from someone who Paddy could be a somewhat similar player to.
I hope we don't have to put up with 7 mediocre seasons before Cripps comes good. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back