Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We looked off after the first 5mins

I don’t get it that’s a leadership thing isn’t it?
Plowman, Cripps, Murphy are all in the leadership group?

The only one that led by example in the first quarter was daisy

Perhaps bringing in both stocker and willow wasn’t the smartest thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn’t work out why Stocker, a first gamer with modest VFL form, started the game in defence, talk about a baptism of fire.. He was out positioned by a north player who marked and kicked a goal.

Thought it was strange the coach didn’t start him on the bench for at least the first quarter or so, before putting him on.

No bloody excuses, that was pitiful.
Zero effort.
Zero structure.

The first one is on the players.
The second is on the coach.

Pats on the back and platitudes in the presser aren't good enough. We can't a carry primary school teacher as our coach. We need some mother f'ing mongrel.

Missing the big bodies of kreuz, Gov, and Newman killed us.

Maybe selection was wrong? Setters and Kennedy?

Whatever with selection, that was a putrid effort and I don’t think it’s Bolts’ fault.

And Marc Murphy, thank you for your service now **** off.
Dont care what Kennedys formline is imo he should have been playing seniors today .

Not agreeing or disagreeing with the Bolton diatribe, but if it isn't the coaches job to teach players skills and footy IQ, then who do you think is responsible for this? As another poster said, I am still on board, today hurts a lot, and i'm looking forward to when this actually does turn around.

IQ can’t really be taught tbh it can be developed ever so slightly but whe it comes to those split decision so in Game. Bolts ain’t there to tell them what’s to do. With regards to kicking well I can’t even

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Daisy, Patty Cripps, Walshy, Fish, Weiters and Jack can all hold their heads high. The effort of the rest of the players leaves a lot to be desired.
Looks like we've lost another defender (Jones) and maybe also Plowman, who was holding his shoulder after a tackle. Don't know how we are going to cope with a non existent backline next week against the Magpies. Our hardness and attack on the ball was pathetic, and game plan looked shot. Doesn't appear to be any Plan B when things go wrong. Got to be pressure on the Coaching Panel this week for a very poor preparation of the team for this match :huh:

Extremely poor today. Lost every position on the ground. Work rate and desperation was lacking compared to recent weeks. Regularly poor skill execution. All round, a day to forget!

But I am not at all worried - in my view, we have the most exciting young list in the league. Let’s stick by the club. We will get there :thumbsu:

Complete clean out of the coaching staff needed. The fact that a team almost entirely composed of first round draft picks can take. The field and have no system or structures in place is inexcusable. The fact that our skill levels are STILL extremely poor is inexcusable.

All the positivity from the last couple of rounds is completely gone and we are staring at yet another wooden spoon.

Player retention will become an issue if we don't start winning games, and I can't see us winning many more games this year.

Just the worst possible result.

You mean the clean out that should have happened last year? After the independent review we should've had?

Shambles

Seemed like his head hit the turf on a tackle and he was then ruled out late.
That's what i saw also. His head hit the deck pretty hard and I would not be surprised if he had suffered some concussion. I'm hoping there was no other damage. He hit it pretty hard.

Couldn’t work out why Stocker, a first gamer with modest VFL form, started the game in defence, talk about a baptism of fire.. He was out positioned by a north player who marked and kicked a goal.

Thought it was strange the coach didn’t start him on the bench for at least the first quarter or so, before putting him on.
Better this week than next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Back