RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

For those saying no change, Im suprissed at how you can advocate dropping two forwards (albeit 2 forwards who have not offered a lot) and not bring 1 forward in for either.

If Fisher isnt given a run this week, than I have little doubt Wiggins will be back instead - Browne unfortunately is the most likely to make way.

(Let's also not forget Houlihan, who has surely recieved the message)

Was he dropped to receive a msg or to improve his game - he's missed 2 but played only 1 in the ressies - has he improved the areas they wanted him to???

If think Russell wasn't a passenger, you obviously don't hold high enough expectations, especially of a top ten draft pick with over 4 years experience.

Or you didn't go to today's game, or your a part of our MC.

You may even love to attract attention like chapstick_pride.

The whole team kicked along the boundary line today, except for Russell who decided to spin and choke up when in possession of the ball.

No change, except for match up issues... in which case browne and yarran would be chopped for say fisher or someone else...

No Change.

I was happy with the way our team structure sorted itself out. Hampson, Kruezer, Waite, and even Austin played the KP forward post much better than Cam Cloke has recently, and these players can play other positions as well. Robinson was great today. Yarran showed glimpses, and his inclusion next week will be an invaluable investment in his development. We're still not playing brilliant footy - it's like as though the team's in a bit of a form slump. We play 10-20 minutes of good footy here and there, and then go into our shells and allow the opposition back in. The Crows will be tough, because they are the Ultraflooding Kings of the AFL, and historically we've struggled against those tactics. They'll try to reduce the game to a sub-10 goal affair. Should be a great challenge for our young side. :)

If think Russell wasn't a passenger, you obviously don't hold high enough expectations, especially of a top ten draft pick with over 4 years experience.

Ah yes, this old peach.

It's Russell's fault he was a top 10 pick.

It's Russell's fault that we have some of the most shallow supporters on this planet who can't look past statistics when judging a players worth.

It's Russell's fault that he plays a role that will never attract many plaudits no matter how well he plays.

It's Russell's fault that the MC are better judges of footballing worth than the supporters who hang shit on him every week.

It's Russell's fault that he does enough each and every week to justify his spot in the team.

It's Russell's fault that we have no better defensive minded forwards to come in and replace him in the team.

Anything else you'd like to blame Russell for? Maybe a World War? The economic crisis? Surely there must be something else?

Russell will not be dropped, and nor should he. He did his role well. It's just a shame that you can't see that and acknowledge it. Is that Russell's fault? I reckon it's your fault, not his.

No Change.

I was happy with the way our team structure sorted itself out. Hampson, Kruezer, Waite, and even Austin played the KP forward post much better than Cam Cloke has recently, and these players can play other positions as well. Robinson was great today. Yarran showed glimpses, and his inclusion next week will be an invaluable investment in his development. We're still not playing brilliant footy - it's like as though the team's in a bit of a form slump. We play 10-20 minutes of good footy here and there, and then go into our shells and allow the opposition back in. The Crows will be tough, because they are the Ultraflooding Kings of the AFL, and historically we've struggled against those tactics. They'll try to reduce the game to a sub-10 goal affair. Should be a great challenge for our young side. :)

we'll have to grab a hold of the Brissy game from last night and give that a good viewing to try and avoid this...

Ah yes, this old peach.

nope but it's fair to expect a lot from a high draft pick is it not?
It's Russell's fault that we have some of the most shallow supporters on this planet who can't look past statistics when judging a players worth.
where did I quote stats?
It's Russell's fault that he plays a role that will never attract many plaudits no matter how well he plays.
what is his exact role? tagger? forward? to run up and wing back and forth aimlessly?
It's Russell's fault that the MC are better judges of footballing worth than the supporters who hang shit on him every week.
is that the same MC that gave bentley a game? :thumbsu::confused:
It's Russell's fault that he does enough each and every week to justify his spot in the team.
by the skin of his teeth!
It's Russell's fault that we have no better defensive minded forwards to come in and replace him in the team.
defensive minded forwards racking up touches playing kick to kick in the back 50? at least back there he isnt kicking into the man on the mark or missing 35m, 30degree angled shots...
Anything else you'd like to blame Russell for? Maybe a World War? The economic crisis? Surely there must be something else?
now your just being plain silly! I expected more from you...
Russell will not be dropped, and nor should he. He did his role well. It's just a shame that you can't see that and acknowledge it. Is that Russell's fault? I reckon it's your fault, not his.
of course he wont be dropped... your right he played that "role" really well today... he ran hard up and down the wing, got cheap nothing stats in the back 50 while playing as a forward... top game:thumbsu:

Ah yes, this old peach.

Wasn't is russell driving Didak and Shaw??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he dropped to receive a msg or to improve his game - he's missed 2 but played only 1 in the ressies - has he improved the areas they wanted him to???

Improve his game? How can a game in the reserves 'improve his game'

He already has the skill - clearly he got omitted for attitude purposes, in which case yes I think he has recieved the message. If he had of come straight back in, then perhaps the message would have been lost, but I think the message is now loud and clear for him and us...

After time to think:

OUT: Yarran, Browne
IN: Fisher, Houlihan

I really hope that Carlton name Fisher this week so you guys will hopefully stop asking for his inclusion EVERY WEEK.His only asset is his ability to mark the ball. Cant kick. Cant tackle. No defensive pressure. Goes to ground way too much. Very average player that is nothing more than a painful reminder of when times were tough. I really hope he is delisted at the end of the year because I don't see him being a part of our next premiership side.

There must be changes for the Adelaide game. Not overly impressed with the Blues today. Always in control but against deplorable opposition.

Out: Yarran, Browne
In: Houlihan and one of Cloke/Fisher/Wiggins

If think Russell was a passenger, you can't look past your bias.

Or you didn't go to today's game.

You may even love to attract attention like chapstick_pride.

The whole team kicked along the boundary line today.

No change.

Keep fighting the good fight. Even as a grade A masochist there is only so much one can keep banging their head against a brick wall for :thumbsu:

wow Stevens had a fairly good game, can't understand where people are coming from here.

Last weeks injuries:
Andrew Carrazzo – Finger – 3-4 weeks
Shaun Grigg – Ankle – Test

Russell, as usual, kept finding ways to give the opposition the ball on the weekend but they appear to be playing him at all cost.

I'm all for giving Yarran more game time in the AFL but if there are players avaliable who will give us more then we must pick them. Grigg would be good to have in but I recon he has been out too long and will need to come back through the VFL. To me Houlihan could do with another game in the VFL.
Yarran probably deserves 1 more chance, he has areas to work on and he needs to expierence the level he needs to step up to.

For me, no change.

Grigg to play VFL to find touch and Houlihan to play VFL and show he can win his own footy and work harder athletically.

I really hope that Carlton name Fisher this week so you guys will hopefully stop asking for his inclusion EVERY WEEK.His only asset is his ability to mark the ball. Cant kick. Cant tackle. No defensive pressure. Goes to ground way too much. Very average player that is nothing more than a painful reminder of when times were tough. I really hope he is delisted at the end of the year because I don't see him being a part of our next premiership side.
Agreed and that's my opinion of Houlihan - except that you replace marking with kicking. Now and again every player has his time to stand up which we saw today with Scotland, Robinson etc - you can't have players shirk their responsibility we its their turn.

In: Fisher
Out: Browne

Nothing against Browne, but another tall target in the forward half who can take a mark would be good, especially after it was Browne who replaced a forward in Wiggins.

If Cloke, Fisher, Wiggins, Bently EVER get back into our side we are knowingly taking massive steps backwards. These players are not good enough to play in any AFL sides let alone ourse. They are shocking liabilities and we will get reminded of this if we play any decent side with them in. We looked bloody good with these slow one, dimensional, poorly skilled players out today.

Grigg, Houlihan and Carrazzo are the only possibly short term ins. Maby Hartlett. Walker and Warnock are our only long term ins.

FB: Bower Thornton Grigg

HB: Austin Jamison Scotland

C: Gibbs Hadley Stevens

HF: Houlihan Waite Simpson

FF: Fisher Fevola Betts

RR: Kreuzer Judd Murphy

Bench: Hampson Carrazzo Robinson Yarran

Replace Browne? After 1 fairly decent game? Brown is not just a defender he can play forward and midfield aswell. I thought after a nervous start he looked alright today. We need to stick with him until he settles in. He reads the play well, and will get better if we play him, he has good hands, he's an excellent kick, he's going to be a great build and a very good player. Nothing warrants him being dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back