RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

nope. looks like you're quickly trying to turn this place into talkingcarlton. yay:rolleyes:
how much are you getting paid from the club?

Get off the Forum if you don't like the way it runs. Houlihan has been massive for us this year, he has clearly the best skills in the side, his tackling is up and he was winning the contested footy. I think he compliments guys like judd, hadley, etc and its no coincedence that Fev has kicked barely any with Hoops out of the side.

Like the 8 games before it, this is a huge, make-or-break game for the Blues.

lets hope we take our chances compared to the game last season where the last quarter was behind central!!

also hopefully Fev doesnt trip over the umpire this year!! :D

Our team was younger and better than it's been in the past, honestly I can't see any in's. We still need to go young, we're still developing and if we can have most of our players hit their peak at about the same time it'll be great.

Yarran probably was our worst performer but he was still fairly good and he showed plenty. He's got a bit to learn but his potential is through the roof, especially compared to some of our possible ins.
Russell WASN'T bad, he did turn the footy over in situations he shouldn't and did give frees away, but while he's still improving, which he is, he can stay in the team. He is probably learning from his misteaks, if he wasn't we wouldn't have persisted with him.

IMO our pecking order for ins is: Walker, Grigg, Warnock, Houlihan, Hartlett.

IMO our biggest challenge will be dealing with Adelaides shut down game. We did struggle a little when Collingwood played that game in the 2nd quarter. They will try to slow the game down, flood, slow the speed down and not give us too much space and time.

If they roll the dice and attack we will blow them out of the water like we did this week. They wont, they never do.
Center square clearances are crucial. Using Fev as a decoy again is crucial. Hitting targets by hand and running through their zones is very important. Our physicality is important and so is our contested play.
I can see us having to kick goals from a long way out a lot and having to kick sideways accross half forward and full back to find space.
Be good if Kruezer can take a few pack marks up forward.

nope. looks like you're quickly trying to turn this place into talkingcarlton. yay:rolleyes:
how much are you getting paid from the club?

Yes I am trying to turn this forum, currently the busiest team board on BigFooty, into a rival forum that I rarely visit. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that TC have put their foot down, tried to lift the quality of the site and the disillusioned posters who were unable to cooperate and self moderate their behaviour found their way here to bring us down as well?

Good on TC I say, and while we have to be a bit more liberal because we have opposition supporters visiting to ruffle the locals, good on us for not letting any drivel that comes to mind infect the board any more than it needs to.

Some people actually have trouble integrating into society and are destined, if not happy, to remain homeless for life. We won't be catering for them on this occasion.

Edit: I get paid nothing from the club or from BigFooty. Sorry to disappoint.

B-R-O-W-N-E to Porpoise. ;):thumbsu:

I'm a big fan of Browne and have been calling for his inclusions for weeks but he'd be slaughtered by Porplyzia. Might be similar heights but Porplyzia is built like a brick and along with Brad Johnson, is as good a mark "pound for pound" as any player in the comp. Jamo would probably be our best bet on Porps.

I think Hamma should be left in the side all year, regardless or Setantas or Jacobs (when he is back) form. His athleticism is very exciting and with some continued delevlopment could even provide value as forward. I prefer what he offers to the team over what Cloke brings.

Also his trade value need to be booming for the GCs inception

I'm a big fan of Browne and have been calling for his inclusions for weeks but he'd be slaughtered by Porplyzia. Might be similar heights but Porplyzia is built like a brick and along with Brad Johnson, is as good a mark "pound for pound" as any player in the comp. Jamo would probably be our best bet on Porps.

Really think stopping Porplyzia is the key to winning this game. He is a bloody good player, and seems to inspire his teammates when he goes on one of his goal rampages. I'd probably give Jamo first crack due to his pace. It will be a big challenge for him considering he's lost a bit of confidence recently due to his ongoing shoulder problems, but I think he's up to the task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a very important player

Probably requires some sort of double team. Could Thornton help out Browne?

thornton will play his usual hole plugging, leave his man at the right time game...

I think Jamo will be given first crack, he has medhurst's scalp under his belt similarish (to an extent) type players...

He is a very important player

Probably requires some sort of double team. Could Thornton help out Browne?

:eek:
Sorry guys i was joking, maybe some sort of emoticon would have put the point across better.

I was referring to the knockout blow last year.

Jamo definitely a better matchup

Changes for changes sake?? WTF

Did we lose or something?

As the 2's had a bye, I can't see any changes from that lot.

Wiggins was a late change so if fit he will come back in for Browne.

:eek:
Sorry guys i was joking, maybe some sort of emoticon would have put the point across better.

I was referring to the knockout blow last year.

Jamo definitely a better matchup

You & Me, aMan. Wasted. :rolleyes: Anyone got the vision? TG?

Sill tempted to go in with no changes this week vs Adelaide. Think we have got the team balance just about right, and i'd like to see Yarran have another crack at AFL level. Whilst he's not getting a heap of footy, he could have quite easily had a couple of goals against his name after the Collingwood game.

As for the Porps matchup, i'd go with Jamo. Has the strength, and the smarts to play on him.

Should be a good match this one. Hopefully we can come away with the 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

RD 9: Adelaide vs Carlton Pre-match discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back