Preview Rd18: Changes & prematch discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good mate of mine is over in Melbourne at the moment with the Wesley College U/17 team. He is their coach. They toured Essendon,Richmond and North facilities. He said Essendon and North were fantastic, particularly North. Richmond were shite, gave them nothing! Our development coach spoke to them and said the boys are very bullish about beating the Pies. Gave reasons x,y and z why we would. My mate didn't go into any of that. It was players day off. Jacobs and Brown were having fitness tests

VFL side has gone from 0.7.7, albeit on a shocking day to a Tiger pasting.
As previously stated no-one exactly banging the door down except emergencies.

Back-'em-in l say. No chocolates last week but a good team performance.

Exactly this

The VFL form dictates the heat on the best 22. If they’re playing well and winning, everyone’s spot is under pressure = extra effort in the AFL

At the moment we got no one pushing down the door

Exactly this

The VFL form dictates the heat on the best 22. If they’re playing well and winning, everyone’s spot is under pressure = extra effort in the AFL

Only really McKay and maybe Pruess/Walker.

No Jacobs absolutely kills us

I’m still not confident

Brad IF you’re going to back your players in and go back to your stubborn ways due to your insecurity please have a stern chat with our small forwards?

We are pushing Daw back into defence to cover Cox we desperately need someone to assist?!

Exactly this

The tough thing is that the VFL team has lost players due to good form, injury and those that miss out "just in case". And other than the already mentioned Preuss, Walker and McKay, the better players are VFL listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay yes

Walker isn’t physically ready and Pruess is never going to play with Goldy in. Period
I still question this "physically ready" theory. He has played against and with big grown men in the vfl and copped a couple of good how's you father's and just bounced back up. As far as his tank goes, it's bottomless. Give the kid a go.

Not sure if this is a serious post Anderson, Simpkin and Atley are playing. Since when has Walker been a small forward?
You asked (sarcastically) who should be our small forwards and there are 4 named right there - how many do you want in a team? I assume you are saying the Rat and Turner should be picked without question as the small forwards?

You asked (sarcastically) who should be our small forwards and there are 4 named right there - how many do you want in a team? I assume you are saying the Rat and Turner should be picked without question as the small forwards?

I interpreted it differently. Harro was responding to posters whinging about no change, by asking what change could reasonably have been made. It was a valid point, and your attempted one-up essentially proves it - 3 of those players are already in the team (and it seems you don't know Walker is not a small forward). So, what is the obvious change that the selection committee missed?

Personally, I'd drop Hrovat for Walker and shuffle a bit, but it's not a mistake to not do it.

Did I, read it again?
I asked which small forwards should’ve been selected in reference to the poster saying Turner shouldn’t have been selected.
3 you named are already playing and one isn’t a small forward.

And your other assumption is wrong.

Best wishes to the Shinboners.
You must target De Goey, he cannot be allowed to run free.
Their most damaging player in the absence of Treloar.

McKay yes

Walker isn’t physically ready and Pruess is never going to play with Goldy in. Period
The post I was replying to was in relation to blokes smashing down the door or at least in good form, those are the only three at VFL level.

I interpreted it differently. Harro was responding to posters whinging about no change, by asking what change could reasonably have been made. It was a valid point, and your attempted one-up essentially proves it - 3 of those players are already in the team (and it seems you don't know Walker is not a small forward). So, what is the obvious change that the selection committee missed?

Personally, I'd drop Hrovat for Walker and shuffle a bit, but it's not a mistake to not do it.
That's the point - who says you have to replace like with like - it makes no sense unless you think we have the current structure correct. We have the small forwards in the side already and Walker has played that role a number of times in the VFL (at least in parts of games and it would be the role that would best introduce him to the AFL).

The changes to be made were Walker and McKay in with Rat and Turner out. We have got nothing offensively from the latter 2 and the time has come to change our ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back