Preview Rd18: Changes & prematch discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely concerning. To think where we would be sitting on the ladder had Waite and Jacobs stayed fit. I have no doubt we would be in the hunt for a home final with a double chance.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
What were the chances of Waite's body holding up for a full year? If we were depending on that then we were in trouble from the start.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I had the pleasure of meeting Mason Cox briefly this week. What a delightful human being he is. Completely threw my previous ideas about knobbling him ahead of Saturday.

Sorry H2H but your sympathies for Collingwood are well documented.

For this reason you're going to have to sit it out in the VFL this week. Hope you understand.

If Collingwood lose to us they are a legitimate chance of missing the eight. Run home after us is:

Richmond
Sydney in Sydney
Brisbane in Melbourne
Port in Melbourne
Freo in Perth

On 11 wins now with average %. They go 2-4, % will drop and might still miss even with 13 wins. And Freo won’t be easy either - could even go 1-5 in which case they would definitely miss the eight.

Pies are applying themselves as a unit in recent weeks the way we were from rounds 2-12.

Think they'll run all over us unfortunately.

On another note it's getting on a full season without Preuss being rotated in for just a little bit of exposure and long-term development.

Wed need to win every game from now on for top 4
Lose one and we get a home final
Lose two and well rely on %age to get into the 8
Lose 3 and its curtains

Not confident at all

I had the pleasure of meeting Mason Cox briefly this week. What a delightful human being he is. Completely threw my previous ideas about knobbling him ahead of Saturday.

Just put it aside for another day and a half and we can all go back to complimenting the decency of that individual, unless he damaged one of our guys tomorrow.

(He's in a little group with Gawn and Betts for mine, opposition blokes that are genuine top shelf funny/good blokes but manage it without a smarmy pandering like say, a Bob Murphy).

Pies are applying themselves as a unit in recent weeks the way we were from rounds 2-12.

Think they'll run all over us unfortunately.

On another note it's getting on a full season without Preuss being rotated in for just a little bit of exposure and long-term development.
I would have expected McKay to see a little bit of senior footy as well.

Topic for a different thread, but with critical decisions coming on Waite, Thompson and Goldstein over the next 12 months, I wonder if we are putting ourselves on the best position to make informed judgements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have expected McKay to see a little bit of senior footy as well.

Topic for a different thread, but with critical decisions coming on Waite, Thompson and Goldstein over the next 12 months, I wonder if we are putting ourselves on the best position to make informed judgements.

Play the experience to the detriment of development. "If they are on the list, I'll pick them" - Bard Scott's

Morgan has played one game at 94% disposal efficiency.

...was your dog run over by a back flanker who's surname starts with an M, but being legally blind you decided it was best to start a vendetta against all of them?

I did lol for real at that.

Play the experience to the detriment of development. "If they are on the list, I'll pick them" - Bard Scott's

I understand spots in the 22 being earned not given, but must be frustrating for the likes of McKay, Preuss when they have absolutely earned it. Certainly frustrates me.

Sorry H2H but your sympathies for Collingwood are well documented.

For this reason you're going to have to sit it out in the VFL this week. Hope you understand.
I am actually out this week as my team is playing Saturday afternoon. My partner is playing too, so that's a pair in parliamentary terms out of the MCG crowd. Good to have a reason to miss a game I never enjoy live. (And then if we win I will rewatch quietly and often - that one where Sav kicked the winner in the last minute never gets old.)

I am actually out this week as my team is playing Saturday afternoon. My partner is playing too, so that's a pair in parliamentary terms out of the MCG crowd. Good to have a reason to miss a game I never enjoy live. (And then if we win I will rewatch quietly and often - that one where Sav kicked the winner in the last minute never gets old.)

Ah ye old Mother's Day game.

What a great devil's deal - we get them a couple of times nice and early in Malthouse's tenure.

They then spend the better part of the next decade mercilessly flogging us.

Reminds me of Port Adelaide.

Teams that are backed into a wall this year tend to be winning. This week that's us.
However I just can't see a win without Jacobs. He is the chosen one and holder of the number on the back of my guernsey.

Also, expect a big turnout for this game. AFL reserve only has single seats left in all sections.

Sure we have the capability to stop them going through the midfield, but unlike to WCE who do we have to take the pack mark on the wing?
W8? Wood? Goldy will need to fill this role as he has done the last two games.

Just checked it. We're dead last for players used this season and we're the second youngest list (correct me if I'm wrong). Something is off about that.

Everything about the preseason launch speeches pointed to a blooding and development year. We're not so clever to be able to have sent a smokescreen message across the board either.

Whether a couple of rounds in we reset our expectations, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back