• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf do so many people want figjam? He was gifted the youngest premiership team in history and turned a potential dynasty into a dog turd. The stench of their own racism scandal only vanished cos Krakour and Davis were given a paycheck for no show jobs.

He shafted Treloar then told him all his teammates wanted him gone, when they all loved him. He achieved bugger all with the exact same list McRae has already turned into a juggernaut. Plus his team was bloody horrible to watch. I'd rather the best untried coach surrounded by experience and quality assistants and pour money into development, fitness and skills. Meehan might as well jump on seek now.
THIS!!! How quickly we all forget! Well brought up richoplzbreed

Side note, Mini shouldn't be overlooked. Has overseen our complete regeneration since 2014, clearly highly regarded since he was picked to take over, assuming by Hardwick.
Would have plenty of his own ideas, has seen what works, knows the players.
See what happens.
if we win the flag this year then he has my vote

Internal appointment or one of our premiership era assistants returning home.

This is not the time for famous ex coaches. I think we need a semblance of continuity.

I want to see someone else steering the same ship, not someone else turning up with a new one. Someone who knows how the current group ticks.
Funny you mention that as Ross Lyon let out a few gems in his presser ,,, mentioned the tigers have our own brand and wouldn’t want to stray too far from that and secondly that he went hard to lure mini from the tigers to be an asst at the saints

Best news I heard all day is that Buckley already ruled himself out of the job.

He's got the footy Brain, just not sure he's got the Coaches management skills. Suited to media

Side note, Mini shouldn't be overlooked. Has overseen our complete regeneration since 2014, clearly highly regarded since he was picked to take over, assuming by Hardwick.
Would have plenty of his own ideas, has seen what works, knows the players.
See what happens.
No he shouldn’t but I reckon he prob needs to win close to 10 games from here to be even short listed , it’s not impossible, let’s see how he goes , good luck mini

He started with Port at the same time Hardwick started with Richmond.
Hardwick got 3 flags, Hinkely adapted and come up short over and over again.

Would hate that decision.
Yep I reckon he’s close enough to being clapped out , can see him being axed unfortunately for him unless he got to GF , PF loss won’t cut it they been there done that before . I think I’d prefer untried than ken

has to be an outside person with no previous connection to the club for mine otherwise they get far too sentimental. it is just human nature. That rules out Grigg, Newman, Knights etc maybe even Leon Cameron.
That’s fairly irrational really so someone like gia is better equipped than newy or grigg for what exactly coz he played for the ruddy dogs ,,, poppy ****

Ralphy called Leppa today a tactical wizard on the herald sun podcast. That's what we need. Dimma, Peggy and Gale completely changed the culture of the club. The players are all best mates. Now we need the gameplan.

No he shouldn’t but I reckon he prob needs to win close to 10 games from here to be even short listed , it’s not impossible, let’s see how he goes , good luck mini
I wouldn’t quite go as simple as wins and losses because ultimately yes the coach has an input but the coach is definitely not the only factor in terms of if a team wins a game of footy or not

It’s more important if we can see improvements and how the players respond to him being in charge and also how he can manage his assistants to get the best out of them imo

I wouldn’t quite go as simple as wins and losses because ultimately yes the coach has an input the coach is definitely not the only factor in terms of if a team wins a game of footy or not

It’s more important if we can see improvements and how the players respond to him being in charge imo
Ahhh yes the shifting sands of footy fortunes and the lucky breaks...

Ahhh yes the shifting sands of footy fortunes and the lucky breaks...
Biggest sling door for this season is Tom Lynch
If he plays we are probably on two extra wins
Does that change Hardwicks decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, impressive wonder why he has has been knocked back so many times though is he not a good speaker? man manager when being interviewed? I have no doubt he would tactically sound, but you need be a good manager of people as senior coach these days.
Was apparently all but signed as GWS coach before Kingsley made his last presentation and forced them to change their minds.

I'm not in any way qualified to pick a coach.
I'm not in the inner sanctum of the AFL.

I just know I will enjoy our caretaker coach in the meantime and back him in.

My heart says Leppa.

I think he has learnt alot since his head coaching role at the Lions and was loved by our playing group.

But I know our club will go through a lot of research to get the right man.

The problem is the oppo seagulls sitting back looking at us and then poaching one behind our back like that big snozzed Bomber’s recruiter.

Last edited:
Does it need to be someone from the AFL system? Do they need to have an AFL background? Does it need to be a white male in his mid to late 40’s?

Could this club be progressive enough to think outside the box and find a figurehead rather than the same old ideas and strategies…? Does the selection process of coaching an AFL club need to be so narrow minded and parochial in its approach to finding the best sporting mind in the country.

Is an AFL coach much more than just a manager of people and developer of culture and relationships? Crossing codes or sports isn’t new.

The biggest sporting club in Australia, with the most savage fanbase is going to chew up and spit out mediocre newbie who hasn’t got any shields. As good as Hardwick has been he has had probably three of the best shields in the game. Peggy O’Neil , Bredan Gale and Neil Balme…

I would love to see this club think laterally and not just down the same old lines and paths that percentages that brings the same results.

Change the game again…
Yes okay then let's get hannah mouncy as head coach just because we wanna be PrOgReSsiVe

This has nothing to do with your woke ideas. This is all about finding the best person for the job . It could be a man or woman , but usually with coaches it's a man with afl background. That's why.

Or just pick the best coach for the job regardless of their cultural background.
THIS. why the hell does colour or anything matter when choosing a coach ffs. These woke losers claiming it's racist because there's not enough diversity.
News flash, choosing a coloured or minority for the sake of it over plain "white" ppl is racist.

You choose the person that's best for the job and that's it.

Any chance of combining all these Hardwick quits/future coach threads into one mods?

Great comparrison by Mitch Cleary on the Tradies podcast today comparing Pies of 2022 to us in 2024 and even the rest of this year.

Core pies were Pendlebury, Howe, Sidebottom, Crisp, Cameron, Elliot, Cox, Mihocek, Moore, De Goey, Maynard, Adams all 26+ at that stage.
For us it'll be - Dusty, Grimes, Prestia, Lynch, Vlastuin, Nank, Short, Hopper, Graham, Rioli, Taranto, Bolton, Balta, Baker.
The question is whether the younger guys like Ryan, Cumberland, Clarke, Ralphsmith, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Gibcus etc. can step up like Daicos, Lipinski, Quaynor, MccCerry, Ginnivan, Noble, Johnson etc did.

Maybe I'm bias but I look at the core players we have and I reckon ours are better, or at least should be better. We're playing beneath ourselves, Pies are playing above. That's difference is gameplan and buy-in from the players. The more I think about it, the more it's easy to see we needed a new voice in charge. We can continue to contend with this list if we get the right coach/coaches in and with some smart list management like pies did with Fly and Leppa along with Tom Mitchell, Oleg Markov, Bobby Hill, Billy Frampton. Not stars but role players that do their job. Himmelberg would be a good start IMO.

How many caretaker coaches ended up becoming successful coaches after being taken up? It’s a serious question because I actually don’t know. I just don’t remember the last one that did.
I think the circumstances are rarely the same; when in our history has a coach walked out on their terms, in a situation with our recent success and stable management of the club ect. If he turns out to be the best candidate then that’s fantastic

Does it need to be someone from the AFL system? Do they need to have an AFL background? Does it need to be a white male in his mid to late 40’s?

Could this club be progressive enough to think outside the box and find a figurehead rather than the same old ideas and strategies…? Does the selection process of coaching an AFL club need to be so narrow minded and parochial in its approach to finding the best sporting mind in the country.

Is an AFL coach much more than just a manager of people and developer of culture and relationships? Crossing codes or sports isn’t new.

The biggest sporting club in Australia, with the most savage fanbase is going to chew up and spit out mediocre newbie who hasn’t got any shields. As good as Hardwick has been he has had probably three of the best shields in the game. Peggy O’Neil , Bredan Gale and Neil Balme…

I would love to see this club think laterally and not just down the same old lines and paths that percentages that brings the same results.

Change the game again…

McCreery's mum worth a phone call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back